Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jbyun04

Russian Freakboy on his Nike Skates!

Wow...that's so great jbyun!

Another of my all time favourites is Molson Canadian "the Rant"...you might know it as "Joe - I AM Canadian". Although hockey isn't featured - it IS, of course, mentioned as "our game" and the very cool part of this campaign was Molson still had the sponsorship with NHL at the time and they had the actor perform "the rant" to open all hockey games in Toronto...and I think a few other markets as well.

The Rant

Here's Gatorade "sticks" ad I mentioned previously - it is the ad with Sidney Crosby and the Hansen brothers from Slapshot. I don't get the Russian player - I think it's supposed to be an oblique reference to Ovechkin, or am I missing something?

Here's Gatorade "sticks" ad I mentioned previously - it is the ad with Sidney Crosby and the Hansen brothers from Slapshot. I don't get the Russian player - I think it's supposed to be an oblique reference to Ovechkin, or am I missing something?

yeah who is that guy?

Oh sorry

Right now Adidas has a world cup soccer ad where soccer stars are playing with 2 kids, I think this ad is amazing. The hockey equilvant would be if 2 kids playing street hockey and picking NHL stars and then bossing them around.

did i miss the older hockey commercial, i believe it was for nike...but it was a guy on a breakaway and stick-handled around every good defense-men in the NHL and then s hot on like 5 goalies who were covering the net...? anyone know that one.

there was a good one a few years ago with mike richter where someone takes a shot, and richter turns around and cleans the puck mark off the plate of plexiglass that's covering the net.

Another good goalie one that nobody seems to remember is when John Vanbiesbrouck (when he was in florida) is driving a porsche through twisties with john leclair on the hood, trying to knock him off, talking about how he needs to fight to see through all the traffic in front of his net.

OK, my apologies to everyone who has suffered through these commercials already....and for introducing the pain to those of you who have managed to avoid them.

The worst hockey commercials ever made go to Steelback beer - what a waste of talent and what an embarrassment for some fine players.

You need Quicktime and it is slow to load - but hey, it is what it is:

steelback dressingroom

other steelback - marginally less painful

there was a good one a few years ago with mike richter where someone takes a shot, and richter turns around and cleans the puck mark off the plate of plexiglass that's covering the net.

That one was launched during the 1994 Playoffs.

The ESPN one that sticks out in my mind is the one where Cam Neely is planting or something in his front lawn and at the end goes, "why don't you just kick my dog while you're at it." Loved that one.

The ESPN one that sticks out in my mind is the one where Cam Neely is planting or something in his front lawn and at the end goes, "why don't you just kick my dog while you're at it." Loved that one.

You just jogged my memory; there was one, promoting the NHL I think, with Neely showing an NHL workout / practice.

Neely is in front of the net and Bourque is cross-checking him in the back. Neely says that you know you're doing it right when you "feel it right here" (points to his back) ("go for the burn?").

Neely talks some more to finish the ad while Bourque is peeling tape off his blade beside him.

You just jogged my memory; there was one, promoting the NHL I think, with Neely showing an NHL workout / practice.

Neely is in front of the net and Bourque is cross-checking him in the back. Neely says that you know you're doing it right when you "feel it right here" (points to his back) ("go for the burn?").

Neely talks some more to finish the ad while Bourque is peeling tape off his blade beside him.

That was for the Neely trainer Air Max or something. I had a pair of those. Too bad they had to add green to the Blk/Gld/Wht sneaker