Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PH_Hockey2

TPS Redlite XN10 or Mission M-2

Which one Redlite XN10 Or M-2  

35 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Proablly just TPS propanganda but........... XN10 is suppose to be amiphorus(sp) carbon which is supposingly suppose to be a lot more damage tolerant, a lot lighter and very springy. I honestly dont kno how XN10 works and how its achived but from what i hear XN10 is really good for shooting and just about everything else however the M-2 hasnet been looked down upon either, Mission uses some golf company to make their shafts so i dont kno if that makes a differnce or not but I dont see the m-2 being any differnet then the m-1 except a tapered shaft version of it. XN10 is suppose to be insanly expensive, but if i had a choice i can only see myself holding the xn10.

XN10 is a different type of carbon, yes.

Strong enough that Kevlar is not needed in their shaft.

As far as "some golf company," that doesn't mean anything. The same physics apply to both. Innovative makes golf shafts as well as hockey sticks, and you don't see anyone bitching about them. If you're going to say something like that, I wonder what people said when some archery company* made aluminum shafts back in the 80s.

*Easton

XN10 is a different type of carbon, yes.

Strong enough that Kevlar is not needed in their shaft.

As far as "some golf company," that doesn't mean anything. The same physics apply to both. Innovative makes golf shafts as well as hockey sticks, and you don't see anyone bitching about them. If you're going to say something like that, I wonder what people said when some archery company* made aluminum shafts back in the 80s.

*Easton

I am not bitching about the fact that Mission sticks are made by a golf company and it was not intended to mean anything I was just letting ppl kno.

The question is, why should it matter?

Aldila makes a great shaft for Mission, and in my observations using their shafts, it's the only one that consistently flexes right for me.

So it does matter becuase you are saying that Aldila doe make a consitent flexing shaft so it should be considered a benefit when determining the quality of a shaft.

I've never really touched anything else after I've tried a Mission shaft. They're wickedly balanced and provide the best kick of any shafts imo. I'm basing my opinion off of a flyweight by the way but the M-2/L-2 series should be quite similiar.

Aldila makes an amazing golf shaft and a awesome hockey stick. The physics for making a golf shaft and a hockey shaft are basically the same.

I like the Whip flexes so I got an XN10. Mission doesn't have a senior size with that flex.

Go with what feels good (that doesn't sound good does it??)

Aldila makes an amazing golf shaft and a awesome hockey stick. The physics for making a golf shaft and a hockey shaft are basically the same.

The fact that the construction and some materials are different should mean that there's no direct relation at all. Yes, the physics are very similar, but that's about it.

I have both shafts, a M-2 in 85 flex and a Redlite XN10 in a whip flex. Both shafts have Drury Z-carbons in. I have only used the Redlite XN10 a few times, but so far I prefer it over the M-2 mainly because my shots are a lot harder. The M-2 is a good shaft also. It has taken a bunch of hacks, but has held up since March.

Not if you're already using a light blade. My cut XN10's still feel very well balanced with my 150g Legend blades. My RLXN10 should be here in the next day or so and Im thinking that should be a little more balanced because I'll need a little bit of the end plug.

As Ive said before, they arent tapered but I took a sander to some of them and made them tapered. all of them are short hoseled.

I have both shafts, a M-2 in 85 flex and a Redlite XN10 in a whip flex. Both shafts have Drury Z-carbons in. I have only used the Redlite XN10 a few times, but so far I prefer it over the M-2 mainly because my shots are a lot harder. The M-2 is a good shaft also. It has taken a bunch of hacks, but has held up since March.

Thats pretty biased becaue M-2 is 85 flex while whip in TPS is equivalent to 75 flex. You may get a better shot with a stiffer stick such as your M-2 becasue it has 10 more flex then XN10. Just something to consider but honestly I dont see what is so good about the M-2 its just a non tapered version of the M-1 and if you wanted that you can just get a M-1 wait till it breaks then cut off all the taper till u can fit regualr blades and u got a m-2 or just chizel out tenion and its an l-2. The tps xn10 is differnt, cuz red lite uses only armid so its differnet material so if you were to get an xn10 response and take the shaft of it it would have slight differences cuz red lite is all aramid and response is graphite/aramid. Probally doesnt matter.

XN10 is the materials they are using to create the stick, at least thats the impression I'm under, so it should essentially be a non-tapered Xn10 as well.

I have both shafts, a M-2 in 85 flex and a Redlite XN10 in a whip flex.  Both shafts have Drury Z-carbons in.  I have only used the Redlite XN10 a few times, but so far I prefer it over the M-2 mainly because my shots are a lot harder.  The M-2 is a good shaft also.  It has taken a bunch of hacks, but has held up since March.

Thats pretty biased becaue M-2 is 85 flex while whip in TPS is equivalent to 75 flex. You may get a better shot with a stiffer stick such as your M-2 becasue it has 10 more flex then XN10. Just something to consider but honestly I dont see what is so good about the M-2 its just a non tapered version of the M-1 and if you wanted that you can just get a M-1 wait till it breaks then cut off all the taper till u can fit regualr blades and u got a m-2 or just chizel out tenion and its an l-2.

First off, you're contradicting yourself by saying his opinion is biased due to the fact that a stiffer stick will give you a harder shot. His RLXN10 is a whip flex and he prefers it over his stiffer 85 M-2 because the whippier RL gives him a harder shot. A stiffer stick also does not mean a better shot. It's all relative to the shooter. A whip flex may be his ideal flex so the extra 10 will do more harm then good.

The tps xn10 is differnt, cuz red lite uses only armid so its differnet material so if you were to get an xn10 response and take the shaft of it it would have slight differences cuz red lite is all aramid and response is graphite/aramid. Probally doesnt matter.

I don't know where you're getting your info here. A regular redlite is made of aramid/graphite, a regular response is made of aramid/graphite, but the shaft (and blade) of the xn10 response is made of xn10. Hence the name "XN10 Response".

I have both shafts, a M-2 in 85 flex and a Redlite XN10 in a whip flex.  Both shafts have Drury Z-carbons in.  I have only used the Redlite XN10 a few times, but so far I prefer it over the M-2 mainly because my shots are a lot harder.  The M-2 is a good shaft also.  It has taken a bunch of hacks, but has held up since March.

Thats pretty biased becaue M-2 is 85 flex while whip in TPS is equivalent to 75 flex. You may get a better shot with a stiffer stick such as your M-2 becasue it has 10 more flex then XN10. Just something to consider but honestly I dont see what is so good about the M-2 its just a non tapered version of the M-1 and if you wanted that you can just get a M-1 wait till it breaks then cut off all the taper till u can fit regualr blades and u got a m-2 or just chizel out tenion and its an l-2.

First off, you're contradicting yourself by saying his opinion is biased due to the fact that a stiffer stick will give you a harder shot. His RLXN10 is a whip flex and he prefers it over his stiffer 85 M-2 because the whippier RL gives him a harder shot. A stiffer stick also does not mean a better shot. It's all relative to the shooter. A whip flex may be his ideal flex so the extra 10 will do more harm then good.

The tps xn10 is differnt, cuz red lite uses only armid so its differnet material so if you were to get an xn10 response and take the shaft of it it would have slight differences cuz red lite is all aramid and response is graphite/aramid. Probally doesnt matter.

I don't know where you're getting your info here. A regular redlite is made of aramid/graphite, a regular response is made of aramid/graphite, but the shaft (and blade) of the xn10 response is made of xn10. Hence the name "XN10 Response".

I thought a red lite was all aramid. Opps my bad but I am just saying you shouldnt compare shafts when its two differnt flexes. I thought the red lite was all aramid and they just added some xn10 carbon to the aramid.

Edit:O ya I misread his statment, I though he said he liked the m-2 better. Sorry.