Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jrphantom042

The Best Playoff hit?

If you're talking about clean hits, you can forget any of Stevens hits.

I was watching a Stevens compilation after the devils retired his jersey. Some of the hits were nasty. I saw one where rather than hit the guy over the boards, he hits him, then kind of grapples him over the boards, more throwing him over the boards then hitting him, then my brother (who is a NJ fan) is blinded by this and i quote "That was a really good hit" xD

i think it was 3 years back, Bertuzy hit a Blues player behind the net, dude was out cold, Montadore maybe, I also remember Bergeron with Edmonton on Morrow, hip check Morrow flipped over him and landed on his back, that was well timed

Umberger got cleaned by Cambell, I feel sorry for the guy...

and it was kasparitis or something that hit zednick is im not wrong, the best hit ever Umberger, and the dumbest thing ever gotta go with mcsorley and brashear

dont even know if these are still playoffs hits but

mclaren's hipcheck this season on a phoenix player was amazing

Wasn't it Trevor Letowski from Columbus that he ran over...?

I just watched some Stevens highlights; every single f#cking hit was a fat elbow. Cheap all the way. I couldn't nominate him.

I say Stevens on Kozlov in the '95 finals. HUGE effing hit.

Yeah that was a massive hit, probably harder than the Campbell hit this year.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but that hit behind the net by Clark on Bell wasn't in playoffs I don't think.

Another sweet hit was Leafs/Islanders a few years ago when Roberts destroyed that little twerp Kenny Johnsson on the forecheck.

I just watched some Stevens highlights; every single f#cking hit was a fat elbow. Cheap all the way. I couldn't nominate him.

Go get your eyes checked, basically one of those hits was an elbow.

To all you Stevens hit's haters, the only non-legal one was the Kariya one, I agree that was a late hit, but back then, they let it go, they let MANY things go. If you want to go to some dirty hitters, let's go to bertuzzi, tucker, domi, kasperitis(sp?).

Another sweet hit was Leafs/Islanders a few years ago when Roberts destroyed that little twerp Kenny Johnsson on the forecheck.

I had almost forgot about that one... it was pretty cheap.. but holy shit what a hit... Roberts ran him down from centre ice skating as hard as he could and just plowed him into the boards.. that was a great series!!

Nothing cheap about it. 'Charging' is the rule that dandy-boys like Bettman keep in the game in case there is a hit that is too hard.

In a Hockey News article about Stevens it showed he only had 4 elbowing penalties in over 1600 games played. He must have really quick elbows if he never got called.

In a Hockey News article about Stevens it showed he only had 4 elbowing penalties in over 1600 games played. He must have really quick elbows if he never got called.

The fact that he didn't get called for it, doesn't mean he didn't do it.