Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fatwabbit

Not Intensional

anyone else have this experience??

I was playing in a pickup game last night, and there was a girl on my team. She's real good, I believe that she plays in one of the top tiers or some of the good teams here. I was trying to get into the flow of the game and she got the puck. I tried to get open in the centre of the rink, me cutting in from the right. She cut in from the left to the centre straight into my path... I shifted right, and she shifted to my right. I quickly tried to shift the other way, and she did the same... next thing POW!!! I'm about twice her weight, so she fell backwards pretty far, helmet almost popping off her head, chin strap under the nose. I really felt bad about it, as it wasnt intensional. I apologised for it and even though she said it was ok (after asking what the $%^).

anyone else hit someone like that? or get clocked yourself?

When i was 14 did it with the coach, he played Czech Rebiblic nationals as a junior, i got hit about 10 feet, and he didnt have and protective on!

I did that once in pickup, the puck was in the corner and I went behind the net along the boards assuming the guy coming into the corner would take the inside path and I would stay on the boards. Anyway, I had pads on he didn't and I was standing afterwards and he wasn't. I apologized but I thought it was pretty clear that I had the boards track and to avoid a situation like the first thread I figured I would stay on path and let him move, didn't work. Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

A puck was passed between my linemate and I, while I was reaching for it (and missed), he cut hard to the inside to pick it up only to run face first into my shoulder. I had to outweighed the poor kid by about 75 lbs. Still the best hit I have ever given.

Its my feeling that it is the responibilty of the smaller player and/or better skater to get out of the way first. It just makes things easier...on us big guys anyway. ;)

Happened quite a few times both ways for me. I did deck a girl once...and I had the puck too! She kept coming at me like she couldn't turn or anything. I passed it off and braced myself. Honestly, if I see someone coming screw it, I'm bracing myself so I don't get hurt trying to take evasive action. Never know if you wind up taking a knee on knee or something.

Happend to me once when I was in Bantams (14-15yo). It was durring a practice. Coaches had us skating the circles in figure 8's. Everyone was skating balls out and I collided with another player and knocked the wind out of him. Dude sounded the "grape stomp lady" video! 5 minutes later he was able to skate off and he was fine.

All I can say is that if you put 16 kids on the ice all skating the same pattern, some one is going to hit some one else.

I did it playing pickup soccer. It was midnight, high school football field, dew-wet grass. I was playing barefoot. There were about 20 people there, athletes and non-athletes. On my best run through the midfield I dribbled the ball ahead at about 85% speed, popped it just right of a defender to get a little more space. Had about fifteen feet before reaching two converging defenders, I got back to the ball just in time to pass it with the outside of my foot a split second before the defender to my right would have deflected it. Then I looked up and this girl I didn't see was three feet away. By the time I noticed that her head went straight into my left shoulder. I didn't feel much weight, she went straight down. I felt awful about it, but she was a tough soccer player, so she shrugged it off. But because she got hurt we decided it was too dark to play without danger. I think she insisted that we keep playing.

Ive been on the receving end of this a few times. But one time it was kind of a good thing that happened, me and a buddy were cyceling down low, and i took the puck behind the net and this guy who played jrs somewhere was being a hot shot. Everyone was getting pissed at him and me being a second year bantam at the time, he was noticabily bigger than me. He came at me skating at me full speed and I just went sholder to sholder with him and i came out victororius funny thing is i wasnt wearing my shoulders and he was. Well after this they guy was pretty pissed and left. The older guys out there just for the love of the game were pretty happy because the guy was being a real tool.

It's part of hockey. I've been decked more than once.

Big deal.

Now that's how one should take it. :)

I was at the point about to take a shot and got nailed from behind by my own teamate that was coming off the bench and not looking.

its a little different, but one time in a game in bantams i intentionally hit somebody after i got a cheap shot in front of the net...i didn't know until the rest of the team started yelling at me that it was a girl lol

I just got drilled tonight. Was trying sorta waiting for the puck to get out of the neutral zone..teammate fired it in finally, so I turn to go into the zone, wham. Ref said my head bounced like a basketball. Felt fine then, feel a little funny right now though.

I've seen it happen several times, one time my good friend actually got his jaw broken on an accidental hit at shinny...he was flying down the wing and cut it at the blue line and just ran face first into a backchecker who couldn't skate very well. Broken jaw, eating through a straw for 8 weeks or something, it was nasty. They had to give his roomates pliers to that if he ever had to puke they were supposed to cut the wires holding his mouth shut.

Another time another friend of mine was criss cossing at the blue line and hit a guy on his own team so hard the guy's helment flew off and he hit his head on the ice (wasn't wearing a chin strap cause getting KTFO is cool), completely knocked out for at least 3-4 minutes, EMS had to come on the ice and everything. It was pretty scary, nobody knew if he was dying or what, his face actually started turning blue but somebody concluded he was breating so it must have just been because his head was getting cold from the ice. He never came back to shinny after that.

yeah a thign like that happened to me in practice last year

we wer doing a 2-on-1 drill from boh ends of the ice and i was skating one way and this kid were skating the other and we both looked up and we were heading straight for eachother and we collided and both fell backwards

now im 5'11 and this kid is about 5'2 and ive got about 30 pounds on this kid so his head went right into my chest

so afterwards everyone crowded around to see if we were okay and we went off and sat on the bench for about 10 mins and then continued practice

I got drilled by my teamate in a game once. I just stepped onto the ice and there was a lot of traffic in front of the bench. the othere team was changing also. I took 2 strides and BAM! I got pushed forward then got hit by my teamate who was in front of me. It gave me a concussion.