Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hyprlte

Pro vs. Retail OPS

What do you prefer?  

57 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I like this guy... (Pro Stock sticks with a warranty ) never herd of it!! Don't think that will ever Happen!!! and I have been buying pro returns for 8 years... If thats the case I am going to go to the sharks Garbage Dumster!!

I have seen shops that sell the pro stock sticks New offer some warranty. More of a gentlemans warranty for regulars I would say though. I play on Saturdays with the owner of my LHS and he tends to makes exceptions when he knows people and knows they weren't just trying to scam them.

Is there any actual truth to the rumor that pro stock sticks somehow last longer? 

Anyone in the industry care to comment?

If true there would have to be some difference in the manufacturing process to make the sticks stronger, which I highly doubt actually happens.

I repair composite sticks, so that might qualify me to answer the question.

Easton Prostock shafts are thicker than their retail counter-parts. During the repair process, I have noticed that prostock shafts do have an extra layer of kevlar. The extra layer does make prostock stronger, but not invincable.

Now that I've found a pro stock curve I like better than any in retail, it's definitely pro stock for me. Plus, around here, you get a little bit of a break on the price because of the lack of a warranty. As someone who's only broken one composite in a few years, that helps me out.

I like this guy... (Pro Stock sticks with a warranty ) never herd of it!! Don't think that will ever Happen!!! and I have been buying pro returns for 8 years... If thats the case I am going to go to the sharks Garbage Dumster!!

I know a couple shops that offer their own warranty on pro stock sticks, it's good customer service on their part.

Personally I prefer pro only because I can get patterns that I like. Retail curve selections suck because of the lack of lower lie blades. I'd say more than half of the people I've helped with sticks need 5 lie or lower blades and you just can't get them with retail patterns.

Now that I've found a pro stock curve I like better than any in retail, it's definitely pro stock for me. Plus, around here, you get a little bit of a break on the price because of the lack of a warranty. As someone who's only broken one composite in a few years, that helps me out.

I know a couple shops that offer their own warranty on pro stock sticks.

Yep, that's what I was talking about. Perani's would their own warranty for pro stock TPS sticks. It was nice because the entire warranty process was in store, so you didn't have to worry about shipping. I've never heard of a stick manufacturer offering warranties for pro stock sticks.

Just the other day the Easton rep gave me the list of Pro Stock OPS for purchase. It was when I looked at my cost that I decided to re-think this whole process. The cost of Pro Stock is significantly less than retail. Yes I know retail comes with the 30 day warranty. And that is where Easton gets you and me is with the warranty. The dealer cost on some retail OPS is so signigficantly higher that they have factored in breakage/replacement warranty at 1-to-1, it almost seems. The better buy for both consumer and dealer is almost pro stock. The pro stock without warranty will still save $$$ but if you don't break that retail OPS in 30 days then Easton is way ahead of the game in getting your money and the dealer's. It is still a problem when your favorite Pro Stock pattern is no longer available but this is an interesting thought. I was pissed going through the list because there were no Lidstroms or similar to snatch up. Way too many Forsberg style guys in the NHL!!

well my LHS gives me a stick if my prostock breaks within 30 days they give me another retail instead of the shelf.. i prefer prostock cuz i find there more consistant in streght then the retails.. with the retails you need to find a good batch and stuff i prefer prostocks