Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GTHL_AAA_HOCKEY

Most Under-rated players?

Karlis Skrastins

Steve Sullivan

Sammy Kapanen He's played every position except goal for the Flyers this season and played it well.

steve sullivan for sure is one. i still think he's possibly the best breakaway guy in the league. and while we're on the subject of predators, scott walker is another under-rated guy. he does a ton for that team. when he's out of the lineup, the whole team suffers.

I agree with LJack that Kapanen is an underated player. Also I think Scott Niedrmayer is one of the most underated D-Men in the league. He goes out every night and does all the little things right, and makes it all look effortless. He still doesn't get the recognition of a Blake, Pronger, Lidstrom, etc.

Ryan

He plays for the Devils and it's the system as much as it's the players. He's better than average but doesn't get to play a style that would show his talents.

milan's case is all about sakic and forsberg being on his team as well. he kind of gets lost behind all their press. if he was on another team i think he'd be heard about a lot more.

Ethan Moreau

Oilers mvp this year. Not very often a guy has a career year after resigning for 4 years.

Aside from him......Tuomo Ruutu has been one of the hottest players in the last 20 odd games. Just needs to learn the defensive game.

St.loius is becoming more recognized, but the guy is unreal.

When they played the Hawks, Elly said he had him lined up with is head turned, and St. Louis ducked aside so quickly Matt rattled his face off the glass.

Ok one more.....Marleau.

Im going to have to go with Doan and St. Louis. St. Louis is still not getting too much attention despite leading the league in points. Must be the fact that he's only 5' 9", gets under most peoples radar but not mine (Im 5' 8").

I agree, its definetly inflated. Drury is listed as 5' 10" but Ive stood next to him before and he's definetly not 5' 10". I was looking at him in the eyes and Im only 5' 8". The things teams will do to inflate their size/weight ratios.

I have to agree that Ethan Moreau is currently the most underrated player in todays game.

All this guy has done this year is show up for EVERY game! And in the last six weeks he has loaded the Oilers onto his shoulders and led them into playoff contention.

Guest phillyfan

Primeau, Handzus, and Lapointe. Never really read or hear anything about them, not the best point-getters either, but plays a really solid game.

For the record, St. Louis is 5'7. A friend of mine worked with him back when he played for the Saint John Flames in the AHL (my friend was the teams stick boy).

Guest 2048
I agree, its definetly inflated. Drury is listed as 5' 10" but Ive stood next to him before and he's definetly not 5' 10". I was looking at him in the eyes and Im only 5' 8". The things teams will do to inflate their size/weight ratios.

Ever see gionta? The guy might not even be 5'6 off of skates.