Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cause4alarm

playoff beard (not the member)

When should be the last shave before growing a playoff beard?  

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Beards are for the NHL playoffs only...IMO

why do you say that? well seein as i cant grow a beard ( but i try anyways) the last time i shaved was the day of the first playoff game.

Beards are for the NHL playoffs only...IMO

The devils usually start growing after the last game of the regular season and then shave them off after the first round...lol Im just kidding you....But why just the NHL? Seemed to work for the Steelers this year?

Not that I meant only for the NHL, I defenitly said it wrong. I am just saying, I think it is funny if an average beer leaguer started to grow one, or something among those lines. If say a college team or any top of the lines sports teams do it iot's fine. But I don't think it's right when high school kids do it in their playoffs but that's just me.

Yeah, you've got about 3 weeks to grow a playoff beard for beer league playoffs as opposed to 2+ months for NHL playoffs. Most beer league playoffs are one game elimination with a possible best of three finals series for some leagues.

A little off topic, but I remember when I was in high school it seemed to be the trend for younger players (mostly pewees and bantams) to dye their hair for the "playdowns" since they couldn't grow a beard. As highschool kids, I don't think anyone on my team could grow a respectable beard, but we were too old to think it was cool to dye our hair red, blue, green, or whatever.

Yeah, you've got about 3 weeks to grow a playoff beard for beer league playoffs as opposed to 2+ months for NHL playoffs. Most beer league playoffs are one game elimination with a possible best of three finals series for some leagues.

Plus...you have to go to work in the morning looking like a bushman! :-)

The Moncton Wildcats all dyed their hair blonde. So i don't think its only for younger kids, because there are some high caliber teams that do it. The Telus Cup champs all had their hair green aswell.