Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ssgtbb

New Equipment/Upgrade

When do most people tend to replace their current equipment and/or upgrade to better equipment. I am using rather low end to middle end equipment and was curious as to how often people usually upgrade and get better equipment.

For a littel background. I play adult leage and am on the ice an average of 2-3 Times a week. Sometimes more sometimes less. I have been replacing/upgrading Equipment 1 or 2 pieces at a time since my initial purchase of all the equipment. Thanks in advance for any help.

Depends on how well you treat your equipment. I've known people that have had the same stuff for 10+ years. Take care of your equipment and it will take care of you.

I'd get new equipment if I saw a good deal online and my current equipment were starting to fall apart. It's not a bad idea to have a second set of equipment as backup. That way, when your current equipment finally falls apart, you won't be scrambling to replace your gear before your next game. Either that, or you can start using the new stuff right away and if that fails, then you'll have your old stuff as backup.

If it aint broken, dont fix it.

unless..

your me and love to spend all his money on equipment.

I second that :P I always pick up extra gear whenever I find a really good deal. My gear usually lasts a pretty long time because I let it dry thoroughly.

If it aint broken, dont fix it.

unless..

your me and love to spend all his money on equipment.

I second that :P I always pick up extra gear whenever I find a really good deal. My gear usually lasts a pretty long time because I let it dry thoroughly.

:o I'm guilty of this myself-Yesterday I snagged a barely used Vaughn catch glove from Play It Again for $40.00! The bad part is I'm not goaltending anymore-Call me a gear whore, I can take it :P

Actually I know a couple goalies in our beer league that will probably snag it up and I can make a couple bucks on the deal.

Some people just have to have the latest,greatest gear while others get so attached to their gear they will duct tape it when it starts rotting away....

Personal preference....................

I'm still using the same elbow pads I used when I started playing ice about 8 years ago. To tell you the truth, I'm kind of afraid to get new ones, because I tried, and just couldn't get used to them. I'm using old-school Jofa elbow pads that basically look like this:

p230369reg.jpg

I love them to death. Extremely mobile, lightweight, and small. Although they should be if they're almost 8 years old. :)

As simple as it sounds, whenever I need it. Depends on the person, their equipment, how often they play and their personal prefrences. I change sticks regularly just for the hell of it. Everything else is pretty well in a use-till-it-breaks scenario.

I'm with some of the other guys. Replace whatever equipment is beginning to show signs of wear. Shop around for a deal and when you find one jump on it. You can keep whatever aside and gradually wear it in or just replace the piece of equipment whenever is useless or doesn't protect you anymore the way it should. I have a set of spare equipment as well and never have to worry about scambling to find something new for an upcoming game. I bought it all on sale and have had time to try it out to make sure it meets my expectations. ;)

well, when I first started a few years ago (I was already old at the time), I picked up low-end gear because I was trying to save $$ and really didn't know what I needed including the sizes. I picked up a low-end set of Sherwood gear from Hockey Giant and a pair of used Tacks skates.

Well, as I've gotten better and been reading more and more, I've been slowly picking away at my gear and improving on it when I found t good deal. The problem is that you get to the point where you think that gear A will make your game better when in reality, I still suck! :) But I now concentrate on being protected well as I can't afford to get hurt.

I don't need the latest and greatest but if I can find last years top model at closeout prices, I figure I might as well get it! I'm at the stage where I'll lust for new things, but really don't need anything else for a while (until I see the latest special - I'm turning into a gear whore!!).