Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Adam91

Best Road Hockey Blade?

What would you guys recommend for a long lasting road hockey blade? and where could I find them?

I go through them like every two weeks.

Thanks

check the roller hockey forum, there's been plenty of discussion on it.

ABS blades are typically used for street use.

Has anyone else tried two part epoxie on the bottoms of blades for street/outdoor rink use? I have done it a few times and it does add weight, but it's alot cheaper than buying whole new blades. It lasts a decent amount of time too from my expereince.

RBK 1k blades are pretty good for outdoor. a bit heavy, but they're ABS reinforced with wood. Koho 2260 (?) crossover blades are also good outdoors. Old school titans and jofas as well. I play outdoor on asphalt and just use wood anyway. I buy blades as cheap as I can find em and curve them myself. Can't beat the feel of a wood blade.

I use the Vapor V1 real nice blade holds up nice and its composite hardly any has worn down in the last month since i put it in my Glite.

RBK 1k blades are pretty good for outdoor. a bit heavy, but they're ABS reinforced with wood. Koho 2260 (?) crossover blades are also good outdoors. Old school titans and jofas as well. I play outdoor on asphalt and just use wood anyway. I buy blades as cheap as I can find em and curve them myself. Can't beat the feel of a wood blade.

The 1K is the best blade I've used for roller. Without a doubt.

RBK 1k blades are pretty good for outdoor.  a bit heavy, but they're ABS reinforced with wood.  Koho 2260 (?) crossover blades are also good outdoors.  Old school titans and jofas as well.  I play outdoor on asphalt and just use wood anyway.  I buy blades as cheap as I can find em and curve them myself.  Can't beat the feel of a wood blade.

Any idea of the lie on those outdoor 1k's??

RBK 1k blades are pretty good for outdoor.  a bit heavy, but they're ABS reinforced with wood.  Koho 2260 (?) crossover blades are also good outdoors.  Old school titans and jofas as well.  I play outdoor on asphalt and just use wood anyway.  I buy blades as cheap as I can find em and curve them myself.  Can't beat the feel of a wood blade.

Any idea of the lie on those outdoor 1k's??

No clue...not good with lies.

Sorry.

The MS(Blue) 1K is about a 5, alittle less if anything.

Thanks. Not many outdoor blades are close to that low of a lie. THis sounds like something to try for sure.

Thanks. Not many outdoor blades are close to that low of a lie. THis sounds like something to try for sure.

What sort of surface are you playing on? I'm on asphalt, and after a couple of sessions, it doesn't matter what the original lie was. The bottom gets worn away into my "custom" lie. :)

What sort of surface are you playing on? I'm on asphalt, and after a couple of sessions, it doesn't matter what the original lie was. The bottom gets worn away into my "custom" lie. :)

Agreed!

How's the curve compared to other retail ones? Iginla type?

Hey, sticks.

Epuck has this up on their website, "The MS (Blue)curve is a standard Mid-Curve. Similar to a Gretzky curve, you can't get more classic than this. Perfect for stickhandling, passing and shooting, this blade has enough curve without having so much that it ruins your backhand and your slapshot. "

I have 6 blades in the red on their way to me. I held each of them in my hands and no 2 blades are exactly alike. Luckily I was informed that I can take a heat gun to them and curve them any which way I like.

Hope this helps.

I could never curve the 1K myself, I love that curve way too much.

The 1K blade has not worn down at all, I've had two, and they did not wear. The first one broke before it could wear down...I was very happy with it.

the only 'outdoor blades' epuck has are the koho crossover & the ccm vector. i got a vector recently, but it didn't last too well at all.

Hey, sticks.

Epuck has this up on their website, "The MS (Blue)curve is a standard Mid-Curve. Similar to a Gretzky curve, you can't get more classic than this. Perfect for stickhandling, passing and shooting, this blade has enough curve without having so much that it ruins your backhand and your slapshot. "

I have 6 blades in the red on their way to me. I held each of them in my hands and no 2 blades are exactly alike. Luckily I was informed that I can take a heat gun to them and curve them any which way I like.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Roach,

I figured it would be like an Iginla.

But 6 blades of the red eh. I am trying to ween myself off the big curves because when I execute my power wristshot with the full wrist action the shots always go up and very wide to the left of the net. Very embarrassing.

Hey, sticks.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Roach,

I figured it would be like an Iginla.

But 6 blades of the red eh. I am trying to ween myself off the big curves because when I execute my power wristshot with the full wrist action the shots always go up and very wide to the left of the net. Very embarrassing.

Sorry, I'm not sure what an Iginla looks like. I am currently on a Recchi and Black Beauty's Modano blade which is the exact curve of the Easton ST Heatley. I too have to stray away from big curves. I am actually looking for a mid-toe with an open face. The flat heel to mid will be for slaps and the mid-toe will be for wristers and flip shots.

You can bend the blade on the 1K's with heat?  Is there anything I should watch out for when doing that?

The obvious, overheating.

I'd also be careful around hosel. Its wood with a light plastic coating screwed into the abs of the blade. If you heat that spot up, say goodbye to the blade.

1k8sa.jpg

Its safe the heat the ABS part of the blade