Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Quintin

Ever fired a gun?

shot skeet for years.

...sorta surprised none of you singled that out - Surely there are a few of you as immature as I.

I hate to admit it, but I have shot rifles, shotguns and handguns - I'm trying to distance myself from the "country-boy" setting that surrounds me, and admitting to this probably doesn't help.

There is nothing wrong with learning to shoot and properly handle firearms. In fact I find that people in more rural areas tend to have a greater respect for them than people in urban or suburban areas.

Man, I've gotta get back to Florida to visit my uncle. Class III firearms license... That man has an impressive array of weapons in a humidity controlled locker underneath his house.

:D One of my favorite subjects-Official gun nut here-I think they are the machinest's culmination of the art.

Current stable consists of:

12 different variants of AK-47

7 variants of AR-15

2 varieties of HK 91/G3

1 FN-FAL

4 varieties Remington and Mossberg Shotguns

2 German pistols my dad brought back from Italy in WWII(really cool-He wrote letters describing where and when he obtained them)

6 variants of the 1911 Colt Auto (But I prefer Springfield)

Winchester 243-Drops an Antelope quite nicely!

Savage 308 heavy barrel sniper type rifle with 24 power scope-REACH OUT AND TOUCH SOMETHING-quite accurate to 850 metres-I dont have anyplace close with a longer distance to try :(

I have built about 8 different traditional black powder (muzzleloaders) since 8th grade-some very plain but 2 with sterling silver wire inlays.

One of these days I hope to save enough moolah to pick up a 50 caliber rifle like the USMC uses for distance shots but at 2500$ and 3-5 bucks a shot that might be a while.

Had a class III license until the Brady Bill passed & gave it up after that.

Always wheeling and dealing firearms, love the gadgetry of them and have been an avid shooter since I was about 6 years old.

No I'm not nuts, actually quite well adjusted!!!

What model German pistols? Lugers by any chance? I love those guns. It must be a trip to be aiming down the sights and firing one, due to the bolt mechanism.

And ah, HK = sick. Too bad they're illegal to import now.

What model German pistols? Lugers by any chance? I love those guns. It must be a trip to be aiming down the sights and firing one, due to the bolt mechanism.

:P

1. Mauser HSC-.32 cal-early 1944 production, machine marks present due to hurried production late in the war

2. Beretta made under Nazi license-.380 cal-late 1941 production, extremely fine finish with beautiful blueing and grip work.

Both weapons were liberated from German officers in April-May of 1945 in the Po river valley offensive in northern Italy- My dad was assigned to headquarters to assist with prisoner processing and interrogation after he was wounded on the line. The officers he took these from had both had them hidden on their person.

Both pistols in 80-90% condition with Nazi proof markings

Actually not too many Lugers were made in WWII-very expensive to produce and the toggle action was prone to fouling in combat conditions, but they are a beautiful and very well made sidearm. I would not want to fire one in a small enclosure though,the ejection path of the cartidge is hellacious and the toggle mechanism makes it hard to keep a good sight picture

The HK is sick-the only thing I dont like is I cant reload the brass-the fluted chamber screws up the brass

I hate to admit it, but I have shot rifles, shotguns and handguns - I'm trying to distance myself from the "country-boy" setting that surrounds me, and admitting to this probably doesn't help.

Why? There is nothing wrong with being a "country boy". I have just crossed over the timeline of living more than half my life in Kalifornia. Up until now I could still tell myself that I am more Wyoming than Kalifornia. No longer though... :(

:P

1. Mauser HSC-.32 cal-early 1944 production, machine marks present due to hurried production late in the war

2. Beretta made under Nazi license-.380 cal-late 1941 production, extremely fine finish with beautiful blueing and grip work.

Both weapons were liberated from German officers in April-May of 1945 in the Po river valley offensive in northern Italy- My dad was assigned to headquarters to assist with prisoner processing and interrogation after he was wounded on the line. The officers he took these from had both had them hidden on their person.

Both pistols in 80-90% condition with Nazi proof markings

Actually not too many Lugers were made in WWII-very expensive to produce and the toggle action was prone to fouling in combat conditions, but they are a beautiful and very well made sidearm. I would not want to fire one in a small enclosure though,the ejection path of the cartidge is hellacious and the toggle mechanism makes it hard to keep a good sight picture

The HK is sick-the only thing I dont like is I cant reload the brass-the fluted chamber screws up the brass

That's pretty awsome. I hadn't even considred Mauser to have made one of the pistols, and Beretta slipped my mind. I usually associate Mauser with longer range rifles (for greater distance than a Kar98), and Beretta just gets ignored because of their modern warfare tag, lol.

And, would you rather have a more accurate gun, or not have to just replace brass casings?

I had a cap gun once. Loading the lame-ass strips of caps into it became too much of a hassle so I had to give it up.

The first shooting experience was with air guns if those count. Then later on I've tried skeet shooting and as military service is (or at least was) compulsory in Sweden I've shot automatic assault rifles there as well, the Swedish one is called AK5 and can be seen below.

http://world.guns.ru/assault/as35-e.htm

Will eventually try some pistols and revolvers and stuff later on as well.

Hockeysew, You wouldnt happen to have a phoenix AK would you? I've heard their pretty good.

This must be one of the US manufactured (to comply with the 9 part US made rule)

I have no experience with them

Mine are Yugoslavian,Chinese(Norinco and Polytech),Bulgarian and Hungarian.

Petey21-Is this similar to a Valmet, which is of Swedish make? I do know that Bofors builds a tremendous weapon

Project_2501:

And, would you rather have a more accurate gun, or not have to just replace brass casings?

I dont think the fluted chamber is along the lines of accuracy as much as reliability in combat conditions.

If you're ever in Vegas, you've got to go to The Gun Store. Shot an FN Five-Seven and the M249 there. I own an M305 (Cheap Chinese knockoff of the M14) and will probably pick up a Glock sometime.

Petey21-Is this similar to a Valmet, which is of Swedish make? I do know that Bofors builds a tremendous weapon

No, the AK5 is basically a license-built and modified version of the Belgian FN FNC. Valmet is a company in Finland and they make a rifle based on the AK-47, which is being used by the Finnish army.

snipe hunt!!!

if you guys now what it is, its funny.

bag them at night and beat them with a hammer!!!

(although this has nothing to do with firing a gun, it is hunting related. kinda)

here's what i shot while in the military. my platoon would shot about 2500-5000 rounds (each person) a month.

sniper rifles:

HK PSG1/PSG3

M-40

BARRET .50CAL

DRAGNOV(SP) (soviet)

pistols:

BARETA M9

HK USP MK23MOD0 (.45CAL W/silencer)

SEVERAL TYPES OF 1911s

BROWNING HIPOWER 9MM

RIFLES

AK-47

FN FAL

SA-80

HK G3

CAR/M16A2/M4

SUBMACHINE GUNS

HK MP5s

MACHINE GUNS

M-60

M-249

M-240

BIG GUNS

the 25MM that is on the LAV25 as well as on ships used for close air defense.

here's what i shot while in the military. my platoon would shot about 2500-5000 rounds (each person) a month.

sniper rifles:

HK PSG1/PSG3

M-40

BARRET .50CAL

DRAGNOV(SP) (soviet)

pistols:

BARETA M9

SEVERAL TYPES OF 1911s

BROWNING HIPOWER 9MM

RIFLES

AK-47

FN FAL

SA-80

HK G3

CAR/M16A2/M4

SUBMACHINE GUNS

HK MP5s

MACHINE GUNS

M-60

M-249

M-240

BIG GUNS

wow~

so have u faught in any battles?

sniper rifles:

HK PSG1/PSG3

M-40

BARRET .50CAL

DRAGNOV(SP) (soviet)

pistols:

BARETA M9

SEVERAL TYPES OF 1911s

BROWNING HIPOWER 9MM

RIFLES

AK-47

FN FAL

SA-80

HK G3

CAR/M16A2/M4

SUBMACHINE GUNS

HK MP5s

MACHINE GUNS

M-60

M-249

M-240

BIG GUNS

what was your MOS? Where were you stationed? THat is ALOT of shooting. I am jealous... I am intrigued that you got to shoot so many different sniper rifles. What was the reasoning behind that?

in response to LChockey24 the firsty time in the desert. other than that i can't answer your question. the schools i have been to will answer that.

gman,

i was in the marine corp. stationed at camp lejune nc. my first mos was 0352(tow missilses) 0321 (recon man) 8541 (sniper). i have also gone to jump school, dive school, advanced free fall school (jump high with O2.. halo,lalo,haho is what is taught there) cqb school, ranger school, along with several others. the reasoning is we had several different types that we used, they wer mission specific.

i also forgot about the browning m-2 .cal, mk-19 (40 mm granade launcher, 81mm mortor(only twice), and several different thing i can't remember what tthey are. but those are the main ones i got to fire