Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Scottish Maple Leaf

Brands that are no longer

This may have be done before....

I was looking thru some old catalogues from the 80's & found some brands that I had forgotten all about. What happened to them?

Daoust - I know Canstar bought them

Chimo sticks - were they Sherwood?

Torspo sticks - Finnish I think but great sticks

Canadien - great gloves I remember

Winnwell helmets - still around?

Anyone else remember others?

This may have be done before....

I was looking thru some old catalogues from the 80's & found some brands that I had forgotten all about. What happened to them?

Daoust - I know Canstar bought them

Chimo sticks - were they Sherwood?

Torspo sticks - Finnish I think but great sticks

Canadien - great gloves I remember

Winnwell helmets - still around?

Anyone else remember others?

Canadien became CCM branded after the THC deal.

Titan became Jofa under the same.

Koho/Jofa - RbK

I think Daoust/Winnwell were absorbed by Canstar along with Mega.

Victoraville-my first stick

Is Branches still around?

Branches has given up on hockey and now focus on their main business of canoe and kayak paddles.

cooper? northland (sticks)?

didn't winnwell make those bulky looking helmets (the one Messier and Buchberger wore)?

Bauer bought Cooper and dissolved the name.

didn't winnwell make those bulky looking helmets (the one Messier and Buchberger wore)?

But brought it back this year ironically enough. They sell "Cooper" labelled low end gear through Candian Tire here in Canada.

Cooper Shoulder Pads

Cooper Shin Pads

Cooper Elbow Pads

The Winnwell helmet looked very similar to the Cooper SK2000 if I remember correctly..

In the early 90s Canstar owned Bauer, Cooper, Micron, Daoust, Flak, Winnwell, and Tuuk. Bauer never bought Cooper. By 1997 Canstar put all the brand names to bed except Bauer and Tuuk. Canstar sold the Winnwell brand name in the late 90s to Irwin Sports.

But brought it back this year ironically enough. They sell "Cooper" labelled low end gear through Candian Tire here in Canada.

Cooper Shoulder Pads

Cooper Shin Pads

Cooper Elbow Pads

Wow... I loved the old top end Cooper gear and still use Techniflex Shoulder pads and the G3 girdle.

Happy to see the brand is still alive in some shape or form!

I remember a lot of guys wearing Micron skates. Why did they stop making them? I never had a pair or tryed them on. How were they?

In the early 90s Canstar owned Bauer, Cooper, Micron, Daoust, Flak, Winnwell, and Tuuk. Bauer never bought Cooper. By 1997 Canstar put all the brand names to bed except Bauer and Tuuk. Canstar sold the Winnwell brand name in the late 90s to Irwin Sports.

Interesting. Who bought Cooper first?

Can anyone remember if CHIMO was part of Sher-Wood. I remember a few NHL goalies using these sticks

Chimo and Sher-wood were one and the same. The Stastnys used Chimo sticks during their Nordiques years. They also used Orbit skates.

Chimo sticks as well as Sherwood sticks were both made by a company called Drolet or Droulet. Also I think Torspo was originally a swedish company. But I also saw a lot of their stuff in the czech republic two years ago. So maybe they adopted/bought the name? There was a lot of stuff I saw in Prague. Companies like OPUS, REY, Passvillan, etc. But back to topic. Whatever happened to Kitchner hockey sticks?

What about Artis hockey sticks? Guy Carbonneau used those during his Habs days. That was back when Ferland gloves were the "Eagle" niche brand of the NHL!

What about Artis hockey sticks? Guy Carbonneau used those during his Habs days. That was back when Ferland gloves were the "Eagle" niche brand of the NHL!

Artis is also one of those czech companies. Late 80´s early 90´s we used to have our traing camps over there and returned with tons of those sticks. They were basically 5$ a piece. :D Haven´t seen them around last I was in CZ, though.

Vic was bought by Rawlings, I believe.

After Canstar discontinued the Micron brand, the Micron skate design was continued under the Bauer name as the Air series.

Rawlings pulled out, then I forget who tried to restart the brand up. Had a booth in Vegas and fleeced a few people. Then FOrzani bought the name.