Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Miserable

Question for the Pro Shop Employees

Took a slap shot of the skate in front of the net and cracked my blade in half. Didn't even notice it until I took my skates off after the game since the blade stayed tight in the holder. The skate was jumping a bit but I thought it was due to the crappy ice.

Anyway, I'm taking it in to my LHS tomorrow to get replaced. I've had the skates since Christmas and they've probably been sharpened upwards of a dozen times. Will they need both skates so that they can wear down the new blade to meet the height of the old blade? My thinking is yes but I wanted to check here first. Thanks.

only because its a big PITA, they prolly wont even do that, A) you most likely wont notice a difference, and B) you can always change both and save the existing one as a back up

Cool thanks. I was actually thinking of getting them both done. The guys at the rink are pretty cool so I'll just ask for their suggestion after they look at the blades and go with that.

I'd have to go with Buzz, just swap them out and keep the other as an emergency spare. Guys make fun of my spare junk but I'm the first one they call when something goes wrong.

When that happened to me I got the steel replaced on both skates. However, I had the skates for about 1 1/2 years at the time and get them sharpened fairly frequently so in my case the difference would have been significant.

What kind of holders do you have? cause if you don't like your holders, now might be a good time to switch them up. Pretty much the majority of people switch to tuuk custom+. It's up to you but I'm just making a suggestion.

When the steel on my Eastons broke I called their customer service and they shipped me some for free. If you are skating on Easton Razor Blades holders on Easton boots give them a call.

Using Cutom+'s currently and love them.

The guy at the pro shop was pretty helpful, said he could match the new blade with the old one if I wanted since they wern't that old and also offered a discount on getting both done. I chose to get them both done and keep the good one as a spare as suggested above.