Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

iceburg19

Sprung Hockey

X30-A7.jpg

Finally had a chance to use my new camera and get a quick shot of my 10 EE X30s with A7s. Just right straight out of the box... after I correctly re-mounted them. Feel is high-end.

Just completed my first conversion. Sprungs onto Mission S500s using t-nuts and button head bolts. I've been on Mission wicked 1's with vanguards for about 10 months while my sprungs were sidelined. I can't wait to try them.

dsc01280y.jpg

recieved my sprung frames about a month ago.... had them mounted on new Vapor 40's 3 weeks ago ... Harsh Chicago weather has kept me drooling over them in the car waiting for the rain to let up. Finally got on them yesterday and all i can say is WOW. I have never felt so agile on inlines before in my life. I can't comment if speed increased, i was using some old sketchy bearings. i've got about 45min of skating on Sprungs and I already know I WILL NEVER GO BACK TO ANYTHING EVER AGAIN.

I do have one question...

I was going to spray some cleaner/lube on the bearings to clean out the grease, but wasnt sure about the chemical touching the plastic Sprungs. I used to spray this directly on mounted wheels/bearings before a skate with my Red Star Alloy frames. I dont recall who makes it, but its not the typical citrus bearing cleaner, smells more like wd-40..

Thanks for the great product Keith!!

Nice skates. That exact set-up would be my ideal conversion.

would you like a set??? I have boots and frames on the way... this exact setup

I have a quick question for all the sprung users out there. I play in a small rink that requires that you make a lot of quick turns and stops, but it is killing my ankles. I'm coming from skating on ice in X:60's and for roller I'm using CCM V08's. If I switch over to the sprung chassis and throw it on a pair of say xxxx's or s12's will I find the same support that I get on the ice from my x:60's?

Starting with post 2641, there was some discussion on the length of each chassis. It was postulated that the lengths, from front axle to rear axle, were as follows:

A6 9 5/8"

A7 10"

A8 10 17/32"

I'm looking for confirmation of these lengths for the A7 and/or A8. I'm between sizes, and want to order one of these ASAP. Emailed Sprung four days ago, no response. So, if anyone with an A7 or A8 would be so kind, please let me know the length of your chassis, measured from the middle of the front axle to the middle of the rear axle. To be clear, I'm looking for the red-line distance in this picture.

sprung.jpg

Yup... thats the length. I've had all three versions of the chassis, and have found that the A7 fits the best. I might pick up another A6 or A7 to put on some other skates.

A6 9 5/8"

A7 10"

A8 10 17/32".

Just to add, I'm on a size 9 Torspo, which is about a size 8 in Bauers. The wheels stick out about as much as your Tour pic above, but I've not had any problems with crossovers or anything.

Yep - it's from the Sprung website. Getting back into inline after a 4.5 year hiatus, and these frames seem to be the rage. I'm a 10.5 Bauer, given those axle-to-axle measurements I'm going with the 10" A7.

Thanks for the help guys.

Yea, that pic kinda looked familiar ;)

I think you're on the borderline for the A7/A8 sprungs. They will still work for you, and you would be more manuearably on the A7 compared to the A8.

Hey guys, just joined the forum. This thread and other posts convinced me to order the A7s. I should get them on Wednesday, and will be mounting them on a pair of 9.5 Vapor XXVs that I just picked up. I also decided on the Revision Variants in Bronze, and Bones Super REDS bearings. I'm hoping to notice a big difference from the stock, worn out CCM 2.0s I have now.

Hey Jinjiro... welcome!

YOu wont be disappointed, especially matching them up with the Variants... I've got the Variants Bronze on my skates, best wheels ever.

anyone mind breaking down the differences in the models, I looked over their site but didnt see an explantion of the differences between the 6, 7, and 8

thanks

looking forward to throwing these on a pair of old Vapor XX's. I played last night for the first time ever with a pair of my brothers skates (that dont fit at all, and with street wheels) and loved it. It's going to take me a long time to get used to the sportcourt compared to ice, excited though

Just wanted to give a shout to the guys at Sprung - what awesome customer service! Not only were they able to change my order for the A8 to the A7 (based on their recommendation) but they also got them from CA to NY in just 2 days! I haven't mounted them yet, but they look awesome and seem to be very high quality. I'll post pictures once I get them done.

anyone mind breaking down the differences in the models, I looked over their site but didnt see an explantion of the differences between the 6, 7, and 8

I've only known about these for a week, but I think I know the difference. The A6, A7, and A8 are roughly the same except for size. So which one you should get depends on the size of your boot. I believe that the A6 is being redesigned to be a bit stronger, since it uses smaller components.

Just wanted to give a shout to the guys at Sprung - what awesome customer service! Not only were they able to change my order for the A8 to the A7 (based on their recommendation) but they also got them from CA to NY in just 2 days! I haven't mounted them yet, but they look awesome and seem to be very high quality. I'll post pictures once I get them done.

I've only known about these for a week, but I think I know the difference. The A6, A7, and A8 are roughly the same except for size. So which one you should get depends on the size of your boot. I believe that the A6 is being redesigned to be a bit stronger, since it uses smaller components.

thanks for clarifying... only curious because the A6 is about 25 bucks cheaper

Just need to some help.

I go to change my wheel and can't undo my bolt. its the plastic rounding off and I can't get it to screw off. Can someone help? Does anyone else have an issue with the plastic being too soft?

Just need to some help.

I go to change my wheel and can't undo my bolt. its the plastic rounding off and I can't get it to screw off. Can someone help? Does anyone else have an issue with the plastic being too soft?

Here is what I did when I had the same problem.

FYI, Sprungster promptly offered me free replacement parts when I contacted him via PM. I ended up just going with new axles & flipping them over.

thanks

looking forward to throwing these on a pair of old Vapor XX's. I played last night for the first time ever with a pair of my brothers skates (that dont fit at all, and with street wheels) and loved it. It's going to take me a long time to get used to the sportcourt compared to ice, excited though

A6 Wheelbase of 9 5/8" - uses 76mm wheels

A7 Wheelbase of 10" - uses 80mm wheels

A8 Wheelbase of 10 17/32". - uses 80mm wheels

As for the sizing... it should be on the website. I'm using a pair of Torspo size 9D skates (Mission 9, Bauer 8) and have tried all three versions of the sprung chassis. For the best result I've stuck with the A7.