Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

iceburg19

Sprung Hockey

Old school taNks ... meet new age Sprungs. I will get to skate on these for the first time this weekend. It's really nice to live only a few minutes away from Keith and have him do a perfect install on these sweet frames. Thanks for everything, Keith! It was a pleasure meeting you and I appreciate the wonderful customer service!

skates1.jpg

skates2.jpg

beetlejuicebeetlejuicebeetlejuice!!!

We've all seen about everything bootwise here at Sprung Central, but these were so blackandwhite and out of context that they were a fav all around. The orange is allcaps, and may distract while you go around. At 6'6+ do you bother with around?

beetlejuicebeetlejuicebeetlejuice!!!

We've all seen about everything bootwise here at Sprung Central, but these were so blackandwhite and out of context that they were a fav all around. The orange is allcaps, and may distract while you go around. At 6'6+ do you bother with around?

My team jersey is orange/black so it shouldn't stand out much, but I might go with black laces anyway, I've heard the quality on the colored laces sucks.

Haha, yeah with these 80mm wheels and the insanely thick sole, I'll be at 7 feet now. :D No one is getting past me on D!

omg those look amazing :o

Thanks dude, I appreciate it!

here's mine

th_DSCN0606.jpg

th_DSCN0607.jpg

i mounted them myself - but i left my original wheels on 72-76-76-80 and some of them seemed to be rubbing or something. I think i remember you guys saying to put the same size wheels on - what size do most people go with? 76's all around?

what size frame did you get? the A7 and A8 can go up to 80mm max, while the A6 can go up to 76mm.

I'm currently on the A7, but use 76mm wheels (got a ton of them laying around). Dont really feel a loss in speed, not change in manuerability (*spelling, hate this word).

any difference in the wheel sizes would put stress on the frame and the rocker arms. Also, check that the knuckles on the rocker arms (parts that connect to the red spring) are not broken...

yeah i got the A7's - im pretty sure that nothing is broken because this is the first time i skated on them - it just felt like something was wrong. either something was wrong with the bolts not being tightened enough or else there was something rubbing. it felt like there was a brake on all the time when i was skating - now i just have to figure out what.

yeah i got the A7's - im pretty sure that nothing is broken because this is the first time i skated on them - it just felt like something was wrong. either something was wrong with the bolts not being tightened enough or else there was something rubbing. it felt like there was a brake on all the time when i was skating - now i just have to figure out what.

This is probably a long shot, but you are running spacers in your wheels right?

If you're not running any because your old ones were for 6mm axles, you could be pinching the bearings which would create drag.

i like to play some inline in the summer. these sprung chassis are new to me. sorry, i'm sure my question is redundant, but i'm being lazy and not reading all 211 pages on here...

is sprung revising all of their models or just the a6? did they say when a6x would be available for purchase from public?

coming from ice, i'm guessing the smaller a6x chassis would be more ice like. what do you guys think? i wear 9.5 in mission inlines so i was considering the a6x.

i don't trust myself or my lhs to align the chassis with the boot properly (i've seen my lhs screw that up before on friends skates). is there a good shop that i could either buy the sprungs from and send my skates too or perhaps buy the sprungs myself and send boots and sprungs too them for installation?

thanks

here's mine

th_DSCN0606.jpg

th_DSCN0607.jpg

i mounted them myself - but i left my original wheels on 72-76-76-80 and some of them seemed to be rubbing or something. I think i remember you guys saying to put the same size wheels on - what size do most people go with? 76's all around?

those skates look fairly large, do you still have the frame for them? Id be interested. Im looking to do a ice conversion.

Heres A question for you guys, obviously an ice to roller conversion is possible, but can you put an ice runner on a inline skate? I want to switch my skates, as im playing roller more, and i love my ice skates more.

i like to play some inline in the summer. these sprung chassis are new to me. sorry, i'm sure my question is redundant, but i'm being lazy and not reading all 211 pages on here...

is sprung revising all of their models or just the a6? did they say when a6x would be available for purchase from public?

coming from ice, i'm guessing the smaller a6x chassis would be more ice like. what do you guys think? i wear 9.5 in mission inlines so i was considering the a6x.

i don't trust myself or my lhs to align the chassis with the boot properly (i've seen my lhs screw that up before on friends skates). is there a good shop that i could either buy the sprungs from and send my skates too or perhaps buy the sprungs myself and send boots and sprungs too them for installation?

thanks

You want A7s for your 9.5s. They will give you a similar "curve" feeling to your holders. The A6s would be shortish and you'd feel it. The A7/8s are all 80s.

If you want to have me mount them, just email me and I paypal invoice you without the automatic shipping charge, attached to the frames, on the site.

Only revising the A6 and expecting a new shipment of current A6 arms. The A6X mold drawings are done.

keith@sprung-inline.com

Keith, we need Snipers in small/A6 sizes!! Did I get it right, that I could go with 76/80 in a 6.5 skate?

...and most important: WHEN?

BTW...even my old 'proto' A6 (black/red) are still going strong!! Thank you for the product, Keith!

I never would have made the jump off the ice without Sprungs.

Hey guys, any Vancouver BC locals who would be able to recommend someone in town to mount a set of sprungs onto some Synergy se10s? I've waited too damn long on making the switch, can't wait to try these out. I'd do em myself but I don't have a ton of tools and would hate to mangle either the frames or the boots.

I was looking for my old Mission equipment pics and found this blast from the past. Amp 2s and the OG aluminum Sprung prototypes. And a prototype of myself around '97/'98. ;)

MissionPrototypesK.jpg

Both pairs of Missions are killers. The aluminum prototypes had a monster pro following. One major company wouldn't let me around the pro players when they tried them because they thought I influenced their decisions too much with my chat. After one banned testing, I got to hear the phone message, "Holeyfuckinshit!!!.....name withheld......they're fuckin fantastic.", from one of the top 10. The whole team agreed, actually, including the ones who didn't get to try them, because of the weight of those who did. It was tough because there was only one pair made for some reason??? Joe Noris skated on them until we could finally replace them with product. All of the springs were cut from wheel sections, originally. And most were serrated like Ripples because I was already working on the spring tech.

I know it's a bummer, but our prices just took a jump on the site because everything is costing us more. Actually, we needed to raise them a while back but didn't. Waiting on new inventory on most of it.

where the heck are you guys finding the t nuts and bolts? Lowes or fastenals doesnt even have anything close. I thought for sure fastenals would but they dont. Looking for 6\32 t nuts right? and 1\4th bolts to fit that? and a 1 inch bolt to pull the t nuts down?

mcmasters... you can order from them online. You can get enough for 5 pairs of skates for about $20.

6/32 or 8/32 ...

Depending on the thickness of the mounting plate of the chassis, you can use a 3/8" for the front, and 1/2" for the back.