Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

iceburg19

Sprung Hockey

Sport Schweikard in Muehlheim. My bud, Andreas Spriestersbach. He'll also have them early July. Looking for a UK distributor.

Try Seasprite Sports for the UK, they distribute Labeda, Warrior and Tour amongst others.

Would a poor man's version of this idea be to have all the same wheel size on a high-low chassis, so that depending on the player's weight distribution different wheels would be touching the ground and alter the turning radius, etc?

Would a poor man's version of this idea be to have all the same wheel size on a high-low chassis, so that depending on the player's weight distribution different wheels would be touching the ground and alter the turning radius, etc?

Pitch would be different. Tried that before and it just didnt work.

The key to the sprungs is the springs and the ability to transfer weight... the hilo cannot do that for you.

New production is on schedule. The A6X arms will be the last out the door because of the modifications.

And now on to a sore spot in hockey. Boot companies own the equipment end of ice and roller, and determine what you will and will not get for your money. They think that there are enough frame choices between Mission's Hi-Lo and Labeda's Humm'er, especially with Revision's wild and weird entry. Every boot company's frame is consistent with the industry standard, which is rigid and aluminum.

If a boot company rep isn't on MSH then they are monitoring it for your comments on their products. They all, including the new ones, know that the two biggest threads on MSH are Sprung, which is a specific alternative to rigid aluminum, and the ice to inline thread, which is all conversions to roller from ice, and boots with custom mounts rather than the stock one.

This is not a rhetorical question. With a potential boot only audience out there, why are no boots available without their rigid frame? Do the wheel companies complain that they won't be getting reamed on more OEM wheels? Does the aluminum advisory board kick up a fuss at the threat of a pair of boots leaving the building without a chunk of vitamin A. Would it look like the boot companies possibly have doubts that their frame (of the moment) isn't the answer to every hockey player's best dream? Or, do they talk about this amongst themselves and sorta make sure nobody leaves a door open somewhere that leads into an area where they are already known to be inferior?

The potential ice to inline market, whether your ice money is drying up or your ice rink is warming up, is much bigger than the present inline hockey market, and a better crossover product (that is outside the accepted standard) such as Sprungs takes a lot of control out of the equation and may not only make it easier to cross over to inline from ice, but it might make it happen faster. Most of all, I do not think the boot companies want Sprungs to start turning up in Jr sizes so that parents can have a choice about what will make their kid a better hockey player. I haven't notice much concern for the skaters performance, or the health advantage to you body that suspension provides, in any of my dealings with boot companies. It's called protectionism, and it's how the status quo is kept on top.

Basically, they don't give a shit about conversions other than you have to buy their boot package including frames before you can convert. They know what a basic pain-in-the-ass conversions are and they're just making sure there's a chunk of aluminum, that you paid for, that you have to remove first before you get to the boots. Safe but not very considerate to their customers.

There is a brand new boot coming out and the company is already toeing the industry line. Sprung has leaked over into their thread, but don't expect to see the issue addressed anywhere but here. They sure haven't responded any of my attempts to contact them.

And on a more rational note, it looks like the development of my prosthetic foot/ankle, which is based on the skate tech somewhat, is going to become part of the curriculum at a major college this autumn. As the foot PR ramps up, the frames will be brought forward as an example of new materials and concepts competing in a conservative, locked-down industry. A lot of the prosthetics and hockey guys are going to look dull and slow on the uptake. Sprung isn't going away.

Sprungster

So your goal is to provide the entire boot/chassis combo so users don't have to do the mod themselves? Sounds like you'd have to partner with a new company who doesn't have any previous chassis business partner. If you can't find a new company to partner with, do you ever have customers mail their boots to you so you can do the installation? Or maybe you have to find some stockpile of old boots that have been discarded that you can fix your chassis to! =) Good luck, it sure seems like you've made a lot of customers happy, I hope something works out for you soon!

There is a brand new boot coming out and the company is already toeing the industry line. Sprung has leaked over into their thread, but don't expect to see the issue addressed anywhere but here. They sure haven't responded any of my attempts to contact them.

i noticed that as well - sprung was mentioned multiple times with no response.. don't know what the reasoning is - but i guess just keep making your product better and better and some day you just might get a call out of the blue. wish we could help more..

New production is on schedule. The A6X arms will be the last out the door because of the modifications.

And now on to a sore spot in hockey. Boot companies own the equipment end of ice and roller, and determine what you will and will not get for your money. They think that there are enough frame choices between Mission's Hi-Lo and Labeda's Humm'er, especially with Revision's wild and weird entry. Every boot company's frame is consistent with the industry standard, which is rigid and aluminum.

If a boot company rep isn't on MSH then they are monitoring it for your comments on their products. They all, including the new ones, know that the two biggest threads on MSH are Sprung, which is a specific alternative to rigid aluminum, and the ice to inline thread, which is all conversions to roller from ice, and boots with custom mounts rather than the stock one.

This is not a rhetorical question. With a potential boot only audience out there, why are no boots available without their rigid frame? Do the wheel companies complain that they won't be getting reamed on more OEM wheels? Does the aluminum advisory board kick up a fuss at the threat of a pair of boots leaving the building without a chunk of vitamin A. Would it look like the boot companies possibly have doubts that their frame (of the moment) isn't the answer to every hockey player's best dream? Or, do they talk about this amongst themselves and sorta make sure nobody leaves a door open somewhere that leads into an area where they are already known to be inferior?

The potential ice to inline market, whether your ice money is drying up or your ice rink is warming up, is much bigger than the present inline hockey market, and a better crossover product (that is outside the accepted standard) such as Sprungs takes a lot of control out of the equation and may not only make it easier to cross over to inline from ice, but it might make it happen faster. Most of all, I do not think the boot companies want Sprungs to start turning up in Jr sizes so that parents can have a choice about what will make their kid a better hockey player. I haven't notice much concern for the skaters performance, or the health advantage to you body that suspension provides, in any of my dealings with boot companies. It's called protectionism, and it's how the status quo is kept on top.

Basically, they don't give a shit about conversions other than you have to buy their boot package including frames before you can convert. They know what a basic pain-in-the-ass conversions are and they're just making sure there's a chunk of aluminum, that you paid for, that you have to remove first before you get to the boots. Safe but not very considerate to their customers.

And on a more rational note, it looks like the development of my prosthetic foot/ankle, which is based on the skate tech somewhat, is going to become part of the curriculum at a major college this autumn. As the foot PR ramps up, the frames will be brought forward as an example of new materials and concepts competing in a conservative, locked-down industry. A lot of the prosthetics and hockey guys are going to look dull and slow on the uptake. Sprung isn't going away.

Sprungster

This rant deserves the top of a page so here it is again.

Sprungster has been mounting many boots for people before. In the past I have had a few skates sent to him, he would remove the current frame and then install the sprungs, then send everything back to you.

Pity it hasnt taken off yet with the new skate company. Fingers crossed it does...

i noticed that as well - sprung was mentioned multiple times with no response.. don't know what the reasoning is - but i guess just keep making your product better and better and some day you just might get a call out of the blue. wish we could help more..

They haven't responded because they are not interested in the sprung frames. So why in their own product thread would they want to discuss a product they have nothing to do with?

I do agree/disagree with your rant sprungsters. But you also have to remember this, not every inline player is transitioning from ice to inline, which seems to make up a good chunk of your argument. I understand your frustration, but don't get so focused on everyone else products that you look over how and what your trying to put out. Good luck

They haven't responded because they are not interested in the sprung frames. So why in their own product thread would they want to discuss a product they have nothing to do with?

I do agree/disagree with your rant sprungsters. But you also have to remember this, not every inline player is transitioning from ice to inline, which seems to make up a good chunk of your argument. I understand your frustration, but don't get so focused on everyone else products that you look over how and what your trying to put out. Good luck

Of course they're not interested. I'm just poking them. I've never met Justin, but he messaged me a long time ago that Mission (He?) had no interest in Sprung. I've known Joe since my first prototypes and he used to be a Sprung fan, but he became wary of moving parts and told me so. I mentioned them cause they were making a new boot and toeing the aluminum frame line. Every boot company involved in roller hockey endorses the rigid aluminum frame to the point that they do not even consider offering an alternative. Offering an alternative is also an endorsement, and, right now, the wall is stone.

But Sprung always has and will continue to receive OEM interest from Bauer and Rbk/CCM. Sprung has two markets. First is roller hockey players that have never played ice hockey. They like the way Sprungs skate compared to rigid frames. The second audience ranges from roller players who did or still do play ice, over to ice players who have never been on roller hockey skates. They like them first, because they are a similar feel to ice blades, and second, because they skate better than rigid frames. So, with this kind of very unusual mix, our interest execs have been roller or ice, depending on the timing, and no both-at-once stuff. For ice guys to like them is sort of against company policy right now.

With no advertising media, roller hockey has its replacement, which is "How many teams you got?". A new product starts appearing on the best players and trickles down, with the help of massive PR and distribution, and a few hundred teams with your name and logo. Your company owns a few teams of best players.

Sprung is not blessed with bucks, so we have to be really good to get the best players. And we have to find them outside the Factory Circle, cause those guys have commitments, already. Canada, for example, is sort of free range compared to the US, and best players there don't have so many commitments. Some of them have to worry about their NHL stuff coming up, but ice isn't about a bunch of teams. And some of these Team Canada type players also play at US colleges, and at NARCH. Sprung Canada exists and is healthy.

The first Major boot with Sprungs will probably be a top top price point ice boot that will come with two sets of holders using the same holes, and easy switching. One holder has a premium ice blade and the other (the Sniper) has magalloy arms and killer wheels and bearings. This has been proposed by a Them guy in Canada.

I'm one that falls in the first category. Never played ice, dont even ice skate.

Looking forward to when the alloys come out... and hopefully the boots are deep enough.

Finally got to use my sprungs on a nice rink (still painted concrete) but it was smooth.

Have to say will never go back to a rigid after todays game, now to find the perfect boot.

Synthetic ice is a cool idea, I thought it would be cool to open a business with a rink to give roller people an option to get into ice. Who has skated on both Sprung and synthetic ice? I wonder which replicates ice better.

Synthetic ice is a cool idea, I thought it would be cool to open a business with a rink to give roller people an option to get into ice. Who has skated on both Sprung and synthetic ice? I wonder which replicates ice better.

Never heard of Syn ice so I googled it and SuperGlide Ice came up and checked out the videos etc etc. I cant see it being the same "feel" as ice so but I would love to test it out..

I started out playing only roller hockey and started playing ice hockey about 4-5 years ago and I can definitely say that sprungs helped my Ice skating improve. I recently switched back to a rigid frame when I got a new pair of skates and after a 2 month period of playing only ice hockey it felt like I was wearing skis. Definitely getting the sprungs back in my life

For indoor with sprungs, the Addiction is good for indoor because it doesn't flex but has good grip. For outdoor, I am using Labeda Grippers (76a) and Shooters (78a). With the Grippers on the ends they flex to much causing me to lose balance. So I am going to use the Shooters on the ends and see if that is an improvement. Note: I am using 76mm wheels, and the Grippers don't have a plastic hub and the Shooters do have a plastic hub.

So, what would be the best outdoor wheel for sprungs?

Thanks

While we are on wheels,

I'm having problems with wheels seperating from the hub, I am about 110kg with gear which acording to google is about 242lb.

I am using 76mm wheels and am looking for a mid level wheel to suit playing on painted concrete? Its indoors and gets dusty but is otherwise in ok condition. Previously I was the hummer chasser and used a range of the labeeda grippers.

Idea's would be helpful (non common stores that ship international would be apreciated too)

While we are on wheels,

I'm having problems with wheels seperating from the hub, I am about 110kg with gear which acording to google is about 242lb.

I am using 76mm wheels and am looking for a mid level wheel to suit playing on painted concrete? Its indoors and gets dusty but is otherwise in ok condition. Previously I was the hummer chasser and used a range of the labeeda grippers.

Idea's would be helpful (non common stores that ship international would be apreciated too)

I'm a bit heavier than you, & I found that the yellow Labeda grippers last pretty well. I've been running on a set of Rink Rat world cups for over a year now & they're finally getting a bit battered. Just ordered a set of Revision axis orange wheels to give them a try.

My personal experience is:

Single pour/urethane wheels tend to come apart less for us heavier guys, but they usually chunk faster than dual pour/urethane wheels.

Dual pour/urethane wheels seem to separate from the hubs or other urethane layers, but chunk less.

I'd bet most lighter skaters probably don't run into as many issues with the dual pour wheels coming apart, unless they're very aggressive with their stops.

Not sure if this has been asked, but is there any way to try out the product before ordering? Maybe my best chance would be to find someone else with them and test them out? By chance do you know of people in the Kansas City area who have ordered from you before?

Hey everyone. I'm ready to make the jump to sprungs, but I have some questions I hope ya'll can add some info on for me. I've emailed sprung as well but figured I would try get some opinions here from those of you who use the frame.

I fit right in the middle between A6 and A7s (10 US shoe, 44 EU, wear an 8.5 CCM or a 9 Tour, generally). Anyone out there of a similar skate size that can give me their opinion on the stability / balance of skating on the A6/A7 or both? Can anyone provide precise measurements on the length of the frame on A6 and A7? I skate on 243 and 250 mm frames right now.

Also - can anyone explain the difference between the A6 and A6X? I've looked around on the forum and the sprung website without finding an answer.

Thanks.

Think I Found the A6 vs A6X answer back about 25 pages, but any input still appreciated :)

Hey everyone. I'm ready to make the jump to sprungs, but I have some questions I hope ya'll can add some info on for me. I've emailed sprung as well but figured I would try get some opinions here from those of you who use the frame.

I fit right in the middle between A6 and A7s (10 US shoe, 44 EU, wear an 8.5 CCM or a 9 Tour, generally). Anyone out there of a similar skate size that can give me their opinion on the stability / balance of skating on the A6/A7 or both? Can anyone provide precise measurements on the length of the frame on A6 and A7? I skate on 243 and 250 mm frames right now.

Also - can anyone explain the difference between the A6 and A6X? I've looked around on the forum and the sprung website without finding an answer.

Thanks.