Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

iceburg19

Sprung Hockey

You nailed it there. I have been waiting with a pair of Flexlites to slap some inline frames on. It is now at the point I have waited so long, I am just thinking about getting a rigid chassis and slapping those on.

Maybe try the Newron Chassis, probably won't give the feel of Sprungs, but it looks like it might give a slightly more ice feel.

Wow...thanks for the heads up. Anyone get the chance to use these things yet?

I was curious about them several years ago. The reviews I saw were negative but I don't think many people that gave the reviews had actually tried the product first hand.

Sprungster, Iv been looking into sprung chassis. They seem to be made out of some sort of plastic, How durrable are they? Will i get the same durability out of these that I would get out of an aluminum hummer frame? Thanks. If possible message me. If not post on this thread.

Following sprung-mouting instruction,

they move middle of center toward 1/4" inch, could you explain ?

---------sprung mouting instruction--------------

1) Find something that shows up on the sole and mark the center of the toe and heel on the sole. Check the boot and sole to best find the center spots.

2) Draw a line from the toe spot to the heel spot.

3) Find the center of the line on the sole between the end edges of the sole and mark it.

4) Measure 1/4" toward the heel from the center point and mark this point with a line across the sole at 90 degrees to the center line.

5) Align the frame with the center of the toe mount and heel mount on the center line, and the horizontal cross member in the center of the frame lined up with the horizontal line on the sole (# 4).

6 Drill the holes through the frame (you can drill inward a little to avoid hitting the frame with the drill, and they will mount easier because of the slight angle). Or mark the mount holes through the frame and drill with the frame removed.

7) ENJOY

Sprungster, Iv been looking into sprung chassis. They seem to be made out of some sort of plastic, How durrable are they? Will i get the same durability out of these that I would get out of an aluminum hummer frame? Thanks. If possible message me. If not post on this thread.

the chassis itself is like a tank, your aluminum frame would break before your sprungs would. The Arms themselves are good if you go with the larger sizes but the A6 might break on you once in a while.

ONCE AGAIN... can someone give us some kind of news/update as to what is happening with the production for the preorders? Last we were told is that it was in manufacturing but things go "slow" in China. That was 4 months ago. Hopefully they aren't chiseling these things out of a block of composite nylon.

ONCE AGAIN... can someone give us some kind of news/update as to what is happening with the production for the preorders? Last we were told is that it was in manufacturing but things go "slow" in China. That was 4 months ago. Hopefully they aren't chiseling these things out of a block of composite nylon.

I took his post to mean that pre-orders would be refunded, but he doesn't have the money to refund everyone. He seems to indicate that some of the money is tied up in the lawsuit and after it is all settled, he will have the money to do all the things he needs to.

Basically, I would recommend to push for a refund ASAP. If there is some sort of lawsuit, it could go on for a very long time, and the chance of him coming away with the money to do everything he wants to do is unrealistic.

Our money is tied up in his legal claims? I gave him money to manufacture me a product, not to fund his hair-brain lawsuit.

This is why the companies won't deal with your product. Because you are attached to it. And the fact that you are using our money for something other than what we gave it to you for, says that the companies were alarming right not to deal with you. This is disgusting. He has no right to spend a dime on legal situations with this product until everyone is refunded or shipped what they paid for. This is ridiculous that this needs to even be pointed out to this guy.

Our money is tied up in his legal claims? I gave him money to manufacture me a product, not to fund his hair-brain lawsuit.

This is why the companies won't deal with your product. Because you are attached to it. And the fact that you are using our money for something other than what we gave it to you for, says that the companies were alarming right not to deal with you. This is disgusting. He has no right to spend a dime on legal situations with this product until everyone is refunded or shipped what they paid for. This is ridiculous that this needs to even be pointed out to this guy.

That was just my interpretation of his post. In either case, call / e-mail him (rather than posting on a forum) and get your money back in case it runs out.

I contacted Keith a while back and ordered a pair of the A6. They shipped fast and arrived as advertised. Finally got them mounted on some Graf 625 ice boots (can get pics if anyone is interested) and had my first skate on them this morning. My previous skates were Tour 982 (80,80,72,72) and I was running Labeda Gripper soft (white). The floor I skate on is urethane coated wood, and I get some small chunking after a while with these soft Grippers. Apart from those 8 wheels the only others I have are old outdoor Bauers. So today for my first skate I used the Grippers on the outsides and Bauers in the midddle and felt a little slower. I'm guessing this is partially because I was on all 72s, and partially the older bearings in the Bauers. Long story short; do you suggest I go with 76s and if so, what hardness? If I go 76 I want them all to be same type to avoid having to buy and maintain multiple types. Or should I stick with 72 and go with varying hardnesses? (The Bauers probably started as 76s long ago and are somewhat close to 72s, so I won't be using those long term)

TL;NR version:

-5'7" 160 lbs

-urethane coated wood floor

-Sprung A6 frame

What wheels should I get?

Thanks for the advice!

I contacted Keith a while back and ordered a pair of the A6. They shipped fast and arrived as advertised. Finally got them mounted on some Graf 625 ice boots (can get pics if anyone is interested) and had my first skate on them this morning. My previous skates were Tour 982 (80,80,72,72) and I was running Labeda Gripper soft (white). The floor I skate on is urethane coated wood, and I get some small chunking after a while with these soft Grippers. Apart from those 8 wheels the only others I have are old outdoor Bauers. So today for my first skate I used the Grippers on the outsides and Bauers in the midddle and felt a little slower. I'm guessing this is partially because I was on all 72s, and partially the older bearings in the Bauers. Long story short; do you suggest I go with 76s and if so, what hardness? If I go 76 I want them all to be same type to avoid having to buy and maintain multiple types. Or should I stick with 72 and go with varying hardnesses? (The Bauers probably started as 76s long ago and are somewhat close to 72s, so I won't be using those long term)

TL;NR version:

-5'7" 160 lbs

-urethane coated wood floor

-Sprung A6 frame

What wheels should I get?

Thanks for the advice!

Yes, I'd go with all 76mm wheels. Sprungs give you a bit better grip than a traditional chassis so you want to go with harder wheels. If you you use wheels that are too soft with the Sprung chassis it'll feel like you're skating in mud. Plus, wood floors provide more grip than Sport Court or smooth cement. Something like 78a Rink Rat Hot Shots or Revision Variant Bronze wheels would probably work well for you on that surface - I know you might think the durometer is too high, but between the Sprungs and the Wood surface you should still have good grip and speed (and improved durability over your softer Grippers). If you skate on smooth cement or Sport Court or if you like a lot of grip then you'd want to go down to something like the 76a Hot Shots or the Revision Golds, but I wouldn't use anything softer than that with the Sprungs.

Yeah I definitely had the "bogged down" feeling today. But to be honest I was thinking 80a (probably go with the yellow Grippers)...think that would be TOO hard?

Yeah I definitely had the "bogged down" feeling today. But to be honest I was thinking 80a (probably go with the yellow Grippers)...think that would be TOO hard?

Between the Sprungs and the wood floors you could probably get away with 80a wheels. You don't weigh a lot so I wouldn't recommend going that high on Sport Court or coated cement, but on wood you should be OK. Personally, I use between 78a and 80a on Sport Court with Sprungs, but I'm also 6'2" and around 235lbs.

I just ordered a set of 72mm 80a wheels. My last set of revisions were 76a and I chewed through them in two weeks and ended up cracking the knuckles on my A6 rocker arms because the wheels were too soft and wore quickly causing more stress on the arms.

I don't even play, just referee. My last set of 80a lasted over a year without any broken parts before they became unusable so I'm crossing my fingers on this batch. The revisions were bought to hold me over for a 5-day event, they did the job but I'm not going softer ever again.

On a Sprung Chassis my fave wheel setups were

1. Revision Variant - Bronze - full set - although now with the Steel I'd probably put those in the middle

2. Rink Rat Hot Shot - XX Grip (78A) - for me they were just as good as the Hornet in the frame,

On a Sprung Chassis my fave wheel setups were

1. Revision Variant - Bronze - full set - although now with the Steel I'd probably put those in the middle

2. Rink Rat Hot Shot - XX Grip (78A) - for me they were just as good as the Hornet in the frame,

I've also used the Variant Bronze full set and now use the Steel...if I get a little lighter then I may mix in some Bronzes, but for now the full set of Steels work well. I've also used the 78a Hot Shots in the first three spots and 80a Hot shots in the last wheel and liked that setup as well. I do find the last wheel wears the fastest for me with Sprungs so if I'm mixing durometers then I always put the harder durometer in the last position.

We have decided not to file our law suit. It is not the way we want to make our money. It is no longer necessary for our healthy survival.

Thank you to our many fans, young and old.

Keith

I'm currently testing Labeda Asphalts (Bauer ONE 70/A7), on all eight, at the West Covina rinks. I weigh 150 and I'm getting the same grip as the Addictions (my favorites), and a faster roll. Only two outings but still like new with zero wear, even on the center seams. I discovered how sticky they were while skating on my hardwood floors in the living room. Joe Noris is going to try them in SD at his rink. Interesting, and a huge price difference. Maybe they don't stick that good on a rigid chassis? I really don't know.

We have decided not to file our law suit. It is not the way we want to make our money. It is no longer necessary for our healthy survival.

Thank you to our many fans, young and old.

Keith

I'm currently testing Labeda Asphalts (Bauer ONE 70/A7), on all eight, at the West Covina rinks. I weigh 150 and I'm getting the same grip as the Addictions (my favorites), and a faster roll. Only two outings but still like new with zero wear, even on the center seams. I discovered how sticky they were while skating on my hardwood floors in the living room. Joe Noris is going to try them in SD at his rink. Interesting, and a huge price difference. Maybe they don't stick that good on a rigid chassis? I really don't know.

so when are the pre orders going to get theirs ?

so when are the pre orders going to get theirs ?

I still don't have a production date. I am continuing to refund pre orders, When product does get here, those who left their deposit are paid up with no second payment. The pre orders that got their deposits back still get the new product at the pre order price.

sprungster9@gmail.com

I've put an order through your website for the A8 sprung frames and some spare parts.

The money has been taken through paypal.

Are they available and going to be sent? Or have I just sent my money away for nothing?

I've put an order through your website for the A8 sprung frames and some spare parts.

The money has been taken through paypal.

Are they available and going to be sent? Or have I just sent my money away for nothing?

We do have some A8s left and plenty of spare parts, but I don't have your A8 order showing from the site. Did you send it to sprung-inline.com?

cleardot.gif

We do have some A8s left and plenty of spare parts, but I don't have your A8 order showing from the site. Did you send it to sprung-inline.com?

cleardot.gif

The purchase was made here

sprunghockey DOT COM /index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=flypage.tpl&product_id=3&category_id=1&vmcchk=1&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=91

Transaction Details

Web Accept Payment Sent (Unique Transaction ID 3KU15658JT033425J)

A8 frames $135 x1

P-spring $6 x2

Rockerarm $5 x1

Frame $28 x1

With international shipping to Australia the total equals -$234.31 AUD, taken from my credit card on the 8th Jul 2012

cleardot.gif

A refund was processed through my paypal account. Paypal has a record of the refund so hopefully it should find its way back onto my credit card by monday.

Thanks for any influence you had on making that happen.

On another note... Do you have any A8 kits (I'm size Bauer 12EE) that I can buy? hopefully with 2 spare springs and a spare rocker arm + screws?

To prolong the life of the product encase I can't get any replacement parts in the future.

I'm really excited to get my hands on a set of the Sprung chassis.

Being able to play inline hockey in my home town VS ice hockey a 2+1/2 hour drive away is great,

but I really hate the feeling of the hi-lo vangaurd frame on my new Bauer vapor RX60's.

I do not want to re-learn how to skate after 8 years of ice skating/hockey.

And I really prefer the feeling of ice skates.

So Sprungster, do you have a spare A8 set with some spare parts?

A refund was processed through my paypal account. Paypal has a record of the refund so hopefully it should find its way back onto my credit card by monday.

Thanks for any influence you had on making that happen.

On another note... Do you have any A8 kits (I'm size Bauer 12EE) that I can buy? hopefully with 2 spare springs and a spare rocker arm + screws?

To prolong the life of the product encase I can't get any replacement parts in the future.

I'm really excited to get my hands on a set of the Sprung chassis.

Being able to play inline hockey in my home town VS ice hockey a 2+1/2 hour drive away is great,

but I really hate the feeling of the hi-lo vangaurd frame on my new Bauer vapor RX60's.

I do not want to re-learn how to skate after 8 years of ice skating/hockey.

And I really prefer the feeling of ice skates.

So Sprungster, do you have a spare A8 set with some spare parts?

I just sent you an email, and yes I've got stuff for you. Sorry about the mixup and thanks.