Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

marc_9

Innovative Novius

i use an inno novius shaft. i think it's the best shaft out there, but that's my opinion. i was a big fan of their OPS, and then i decided to try the shaft. it's just as good, and it's got a nice feel to it. it's got a nice little kick to it.

I have one of the Novius shafts but I have only used it about 3 times. It does have a nice feel to it but I'm not sure if it does what they say about the Boron spine. I could be wrong but I dont notice a differance. I think it has a kick like the 1100 IMO.

IMHO i hated it the boron spine made it way to stiff and the shaft was too "square" feeling but thats just pp. But still didnt like it

I never weighed it but the Novius with an Inno blade was the lightest combo I've ever tried. I considered my Novius noticably lighter than my 1100. However, the 300 flex was not stiff enough for me so it's been my backup.

I have a left handed 280 flex Drury clone and I like it, the shots fly off very hard, very accuratly. I just can't get used to the curve, I'm selling it if someone wants it.

My TrueOne just broke so I went back to my Novius with Mog blade and longer end plug. Puck feel is great and weight is really unnoticeable. It's a 300 and has a great whip for wristers.

I have one of the Novius shafts but I have only used it about 3 times. It does have a nice feel to it but I'm not sure if it does what they say about the Boron spine. I could be wrong but I dont notice a differance. I think it has a kick like the 1100 IMO.

i as well felt the 1100 kicked harder. see..... maybe i am not as crazy as i thought.

I have a left handed 280 flex Drury clone and I like it, the shots fly off very hard, very accuratly. I just can't get used to the curve, I'm selling it if someone wants it.

smells like something i would be interested in.....

I hated both of the ones I had. Major torque issues on slappers and the kick was somewhat unpredictable.

I hated both of the ones I had. Major torque issues on slappers and the kick was somewhat unpredictable.

I can see how you felt that on slappers.

I could never understand torquing issues with composite sticks/shafts. Sure I could torque some of the cheaper wood sticks, but in general I never had any torquing issues with composite sticks/shafts. I could see the composite stick torquing if you used one that was more whippy than what is the proper for you. There is one guy I know where he is about 5'9" and weighs about 220 lbs and uses a 65 flex Stealth. I can see him torquing that.

I could never understand torquing issues with composite sticks/shafts. Sure I could torque some of the cheaper wood sticks, but in general I never had any torquing issues with composite sticks/shafts. I could see the composite stick torquing if you used one that was more whippy than what is the proper for you. There is one guy I know where he is about 5'9" and weighs about 220 lbs and uses a 65 flex Stealth. I can see him torquing that.

The torque is less with an 1100 than a Novius and even less if I go to a 220 or 200 but then I have to work harder to get my shot off. Rather than change my style, I just avoid Innos.

Torquing is a lot more than just using a flex you can whip thru. If given a comparable flex between Easton/TPS/BNH and Inno/Warrior, I'm taking anyone but Inno/Warrior. I've tried flexes in their sticks from 170 to Hull-ish flexes and had consistent problems.

I had heard from a few guys before this thread was created that there can be some torquing issues. In saying that I have been using the Novius type shafts for almost 2 yrs now and I am dreading the day when they break and I need to find a presently made replacement.

I currently have x2 Novius Grip shafts with Vapor X Lindros heads in them. IMO as light and responsive as some of the best OPS' on the market, but of course with the added durability option of a shaft/head combo. I swear by these shafts and am totally biased against any and all cons of the shaft. ;-)

PS: IMO (again, I know) the Boron spine works and does exactly what they claim(ed) it does. Great bang for buck!

thanks for your opinions I have decided not to buy one due to the many torquing issues people seem to have had.

thanks for your opinions I have decided not to buy one due to the many torquing issues people seem to have had.

Where were you going ot buy one and for how much? Was it a right or lefty? Let someone else prosper from your decision.

How much do you weigh?