Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DarkStar50

Our Hockey Reality Show

We need a hockey based reality show with a competition! While we often joke at the pro shop that having cameras follow the crew around the shop, service room, and the rest of the building(snack bar, locker rooms when guys have games, bathrooms, etc.) would make for some interesting TV, we would never want our secrets to be on TV. You will just have to join our staff to find out the truth behind the job! However, we need an idea for "Survivor" type hockey reality show. I'm not thinking of 15 guys trying out for a team. That has been done and whats the point anyway? 99% of us are going nowhere in the game but we are having more fun than the other 1%! So, does anyone have some ideas? I was thinking of try-outs for assistant equipment manager for a pro team. You would have to sharpen skates, fix and repair equipment, pick up tape balls, wash smelly jocks, order exact player patterns for sticks, be the butt of countless jokes by players, haul heavy equipment bags into the arena at 6 AM after an all night flight from Edmonton in -20* in January, etc. There would be challenges like missing equipment(2 left skates), picking up the minor league call-up at the airport and your car breaks down, bring the wrong color jerseys on the road with mis-matched socks, etc. If we figure this out, we could "pitch" it to Bravo and all end up on cable. The Grand Prize: You are on the ice at the end of the Stanley Cup Finals in full gear and one of the players hands you the Cup for your 15 second victory lap.

Any ideas?

TSN and RDS paired with Bell Canada (Globemdia) once had a hockey reality show, the last year before the lockout actually.. probably sometimes in the summer. Out of all the players that made it on the show, they picked 6 players at the end and these six players were then drafted by on of the 6 Canadian NHL teams to attend training camp and try to win a spot on the team... I don't know if any of the 6 guys who were "drafted" ever made it to camp though because of the lockout year and we never heard of it on TSN or RDS for that matter after all was said and done and the show was off the air... Anyone knows what happened to those 6 guys?

Also, your idea would be quite cool actually.. I could see it being aired on TSN or RDS.. would be having to watch Dart games lol or even worse... mini golf or bowling

Anyone knows what happened to those 6 guys?

Yea, Making the Cut.

I know Dominic Noel went on to play with the ECHL team who affiliates with the Leafs. Other than that haven't heard a thing. Theres supposed to be a new one soon, but haven't heard anything.

DS50 - Your idea sounds really good, something well thought out. I'd defiantly watch it.

Better yet a retro Atari like video game where you have to keep all the kids from running around the shop, people flexing sticks, heely shoe kids, rude parents, sharpen skates...all while trying to keep your shop afloat. Wait...you guys do that already.

The title would be "Sim-Rink".

Pretty much all the players went to the teams ECHL affiliates which is exactly where they played before. The Habs guy ended up going to Germany

Making the Cut.

I believe that GlobalTV has picked up the Making the Cut series or is doing something similar to the the original. The series is going to be called "Making the Cut: Last Man Standing" and the winner will receive $250K.

http://www.okanaganfilm.com/ereel/summer_06.htm

Making the Cut 2: Last Man Standing returns to North Okanagan

Network Entertainment has confirmed they will be filming Season II of "Making the Cut: Last Man Standing", on July 24th in Vernon BC.

The premise of the series, has 39 drafted candidates who will compete over a two week period under the scrutiny of some of the best coaches and scouts in professional hockey. The second season differs from the original series, as there is only one winner, essentially "the last man standing", who will receive an endorsement contract, and exposure to top professional hockey scouts and managers to showcase their skills.

The hockey portion of the series, will take place at Vernon's Multiplex. The set will be closed due to the confidential nature of the series, as not to reveal the winner. However, the last filmed game on 28 July, will be open to the public, and details will be released closer to the date.

There will be 17 thirty minute episodes and 5 one-hour broadcasts that will air on the Global network in the fall of 2006.

Many of the 75 crew required for the series were recruited with the assistance of the Okanagan Film Commission. We are thrilled to have Making the Cut back for a second season, and hope that it will be a successful venture for all involved.

For more info on Making The Cut: Last Man Standing, click on this link.

http://www.canada.com/findit/search/web/in...n%20standing%22

I'm not a fan of reality shows, but some ideas:

- best ice man / zamboni driver

- equipment rep for players or for stores

- LHS manager (dealing with rude customers etc.)

- new product introduction

http://www.okanaganfilm.com/ereel/summer_06.htm

Making the Cut 2: Last Man Standing returns to North Okanagan

Network Entertainment has confirmed they will be filming Season II of "Making the Cut: Last Man Standing", on July 24th in Vernon BC.

The premise of the series, has 39 drafted candidates who will compete over a two week period under the scrutiny of some of the best coaches and scouts in professional hockey. The second season differs from the original series, as there is only one winner, essentially "the last man standing", who will receive an endorsement contract, and exposure to top professional hockey scouts and managers to showcase their skills.

The hockey portion of the series, will take place at Vernon's Multiplex. The set will be closed due to the confidential nature of the series, as not to reveal the winner. However, the last filmed game on 28 July, will be open to the public, and details will be released closer to the date.

There will be 17 thirty minute episodes and 5 one-hour broadcasts that will air on the Global network in the fall of 2006.

Many of the 75 crew required for the series were recruited with the assistance of the Okanagan Film Commission. We are thrilled to have Making the Cut back for a second season, and hope that it will be a successful venture for all involved.

For more info on Making The Cut: Last Man Standing, click on this link.

http://www.canada.com/findit/search/web/in...n%20standing%22

A friend of mine was one of the camera men, but he's sworn to secrecy.

along with zamboni racing... :lol:

Well, since they have the boards already, how about Zamboni demolition derby? :lol:

Well, since they have the boards already, how about Zamboni demolition derby? :lol:

LOL!!!

that would be so SICK!!! :D

LOL!!!

I was thinking that the NASCAR-type zamboni racing is more of a long-track speed-skating event, not really related to hockey.

LOL!!!

I was thinking that the NASCAR-type zamboni racing is more of a long-track speed-skating event, not really related to hockey.

well i am a huge NASCAR fan, so i guess thats why i though of it

The Bruins just had a show this summer, "Be A Bruin">

They had open tryouts and picked a bunch of guys to go to a call back, then taped it all reality style then 3 guys got invites to Bruins camp.

www.beabruin.com

guess they were looking for a big center who could carry the team, you know a guy who could challange for the MVP and scoreing title, Damn if only the bruins had that...