Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shagel

Hockey Stick Chair

i think the key is to stagger aluminum and composite shafts, aluminum make the chair strong, composite makes it light weight, and more flex giving your back and backside the perfect contoured fit.

I'd throw in some wood sticks too. And some goalie paddles/blade might make for nice end cap(to cover the ends of the shafts) and the paddles would also make for nice arm rests too.

i think it would be badass to make a rocking chair out of them, using the stick's blades as the part that gets rocked on. i guess they'd have to all be the same curve though.

Back at my old house I'd put in a bar and was thinking of using those as panels for the front, but I think that'd look odd. The plan's to just put hockey pucks down, then put plexiglass over them for the bartop. If I can become a better carpenter than Jesus I want to make stools and have old baseball bats for legs.

Back at my old house I'd put in a bar and was thinking of using those as panels for the front, but I think that'd look odd. The plan's to just put hockey pucks down, then put plexiglass over them for the bartop. If I can become a better carpenter than Jesus I want to make stools and have old baseball bats for legs.

have you thought about hockey pucks and sticks under the plexiglass? That might look really cool!

Yeah, I'd thought about that but in my lameness I think it'd be too hard trying to get them to be even. I figure one constant thing (sticks or pucks) would be easier, so pucks will be my choice. I figure I can put any game pucks I have in there as well as all NHL teams at least.

if you cut slots in the counter(where you're putting the pucks) for the stick to fit in, it should make it a bit easier. You're probably going to want to do the same thing for the pucks so they don't move around. And you can fill some space by putting hockey trading cards or prints of cards... They you HAVE to post pics!!!!!!!! ohhh man, I want to build a bar now! :lol:

You can make an Adirondack-style chair with the player sticks as the horizontal slats and the goalie paddles as the arm rests.

If the counter has no round sides, then you could always just use wooden shafts around the perimeter of the bar. I'm not sure whether having the pucks evenly spaced apart or having them randomly placed would look better. I assume you have already decided what kind of look you're going for though.