Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hot_shooter

Easton Z Air Comp Skate

Not to hijack this thread, but how are the Z-Air Comp SE's from a couple years back, I've heard those paired with LS's are a pretty damn good pair of skates but I was just wondering.

I've got a pair of Z-air comp se's and they've held up great. Still nice and stiff. I had a little bit of a problem with the holders but my LHS just put on some different hardware and I never had problems again. I used the skates for 3 years (2 years of rep hockey and another of beer league) so they show some wear and tear along the sides and a bit of the stitching, but I can't complain since I've had them for a while. If I found a good deal on those skates I wouldnt hesitate on buying a new pair.

stiff? they break down quicker than vapor xxs

You are way off. The xx's are crap for durability and the z air comps will last you at least 10 times longer than the xx's ( I wore both). From my own experience I can tell you that the comp's are very comfy and they are built like a tank. Performance is excellent as well. I know lots of players who bought z air comps and I have heard nothing but good things about them.

Not to hijack this thread, but how are the Z-Air Comp SE's from a couple years back, I've heard those paired with LS's are a pretty damn good pair of skates but I was just wondering.

I have yet to come accross a stiffer boot than the Z air comp SE. The main complaint I heard about this skate was comfort and they are hard to break in, but of course I heard plenty of positive feedback as well. If you don't skate a lot or very hard, I wouldn't get them. If you skate hard and often, you would most likley be very pleased with them.

A friend of mine has like 4 pairs of the comp SE's, simply because he feels there will never be a skate made as well as these. He's a bigtime Easton gearwhore, but can't stand the new synergy stuff, so when he sees a pair cheap or on ebay, he gets them.

The pair he's using right now have LS holders on them and he loves them.

i bought 2 pairs of z-airs (04 model)one z-air for inline (sprung frames)and a pair of z-air comps for ice.the boots have very good support ,real comfortable.this is comeing from a graf guy ,these are very good skates,i got them at peranis hockey world for about $ 200. adult size 8.check the site.

how big are you guys skating in these because I'm 5'8 150-155 and was wondering if they would be to stiff? I use crappy graf 625 and they are too soft

i play rec hockey 1 or twice a week more if i can, do you think they would wok for me

how big are you guys skating in these because I'm 5'8 150-155 and was wondering if they would be to stiff? I use crappy graf 625 and they are too soft

i play rec hockey 1 or twice a week more if i can, do you think they would wok for me

I agree with Iceburg. I might take you a little longer than normal to break them in but once you do you should be fine. I am talking about the 04's, not the SE. I think the SE would be too stiff for you.

I recently bought a used pair of these for my son (we're a poor hockey family, probably an oxymoron.) I'm not sure if they're comp SE or not, but now I'm worried that they'll be way too stiff for him. He seems to like them, but anyone have any advise on how to know if they are too stiff, what problems that might cause?

Also, it seems like everyone bashes the holder/blades, is this something worth changing? If so, any suggestions?

Thanks

You are way off. The xx's are crap for durability and the z air comps will last you at least 10 times longer than the xx's ( I wore both). From my own experience I can tell you that the comp's are very comfy and they are built like a tank. Performance is excellent as well. I know lots of players who bought z air comps and I have heard nothing but good things about them.

when a guy on my team can fold his z comp airs in half, and my xxs are still strong, i tend to judge. Not saying it's a bad skate, just not stiff

I just tried them on at sportcheck, now never skating on them, i didn't think they felt to stiff not nerly as stiff as something like the kors shift 1. they felt good just little to long they only had 7(i need 6.5)

All the reviews on the Z-Air composite skate say they are as stiff or stiffer than the Bauer 7000's which probably means they are about the most solid skates made to date. Unfortunately this also means a very long break in time so their probably more suited for heavier player (200lbs, 90Kgs + ) Their also not known for their comfort because of this fact. If your a lighter player it would probably be prudent to avoid these puppies.

when a guy on my team can fold his z comp airs in half, and my xxs are still strong, i tend to judge. Not saying it's a bad skate, just not stiff

You should not comment on topics that you don't know anything about. I am not trying to be rude but the z air comp is one of the stiffest skates available.

Actually a couple of years ago I was really interested in getting a pair of these so I looked at the Z air comp SE skates to replace my 7000s. But when I went to take a look at them, they werent nearly as stiff as what people had been telling me.....I mean grafs at the hockey shop i went to were stiffer. Was there two different models of SE skates made or what? Because I really didnt find them to be stiff at all.....i mean i could basically fold them in half right out of the box.

Sorry, but i think the ones I looked at were the 03 model....if that makes a difference.....I thought they were the stiffest ones easton made

With Easton it's confusing year to year because they change so quickly when it comes to their features. They are very innovative in their design and tend to experiment a little more with newer ideas than say THC or Bauer/Nike would. Mission is in my opinion also another company that operates like this as well. I think its good for the industry but it sometimes makes it difficult to sort out specific problems like the stiffness issues we have been discussing.

I didn't have a tough time breaking mine in. I'm 6' and 200 lbs though, so that could have something to do with it.