Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

atheadrick

Nike Swift Olympic Hockey Socks

When is the public going to have a crack at those Olypmic socks?s?

From the looks of it, they were a complete flop.

I doubt you will ever see them retail.

the cost of actual Swift socks would probably be too high for most people to try them out...I'd like to see more mesh socks on the market than the typical heavy cotton ones..picked some up at Cosby's years ago and loved them...

These socks are amazing... I had an opportunity to grab a pair from a friend in high places, and I must admit, they are amazing. I guess it's one of those, don't judge until you try it!! :D

These socks are amazing... I had an opportunity to grab a pair from a friend in high places, and I must admit, they are amazing. I guess it's one of those, don't judge until you try it!!  :D

Whats so amazing about them??

They are amazing huh.. really good review. I could just see it now.. I go to my lhs and ask for them. The owner said he doesn't have them in stock but why do I want them.. I reply with "because a dude on a forum said that they were awesome... thats it... nothing else, they were just awesome."

Did they improve your game?

Did you skate faster?

Did you get laid?

Did they fit better than cotton?

If they don't do at least 2 of the above, they aren't worth anybodies time imo..

I like the look of the swift socks. If they're at all like the jersey then I'm sure they're more breathable than standard socks. I'm betting they're very comfortable.

and I really didn't ned to see that pic above...

If they're at all like the jersey then I'm sure they're more breathable than standard socks.

How can they be more breathable? My hockey socks are knit.. the knitholes are big enough where I can fit a bic pen through them easily..

I wouldn't say they make you skate faster or anything, but if your into the new materials that breathe better, then you'll see why they are awesome.... They also are a tighter fit so your shin pads have no movement reducing the amount of tape you have to use. As well it fits with your pants just that much better. The little flap above the knee has no way of getting caught up on your pants.

I just got a pair of Swifts a couple of days ago, so I will be the test dummy here. I'm going to skate in them and see how they go and even slide on my knees and see what's doing with them.

Initial thoughts?

Well, they're red. I don't own a red jersey. You know...you got to cooooordinate... :)

Tight. They are similar to shin sleeves - I don't think I will need shinguard straps with them. I think I just need to tape once around my calf and slide them on and they will stay.

They have a rip-stop material on the back part of the sock and include one velcro tab on top (don't know why there isn't one on the back of the leg)

Will provide more info once I skate with them.

you may get laid with a pair of Swift socks easier than with a pair of Tblades!! :D

Now this is completely hilarious!!! :D

I still like the swift socks.. but maybe thats just because im used to these nylon-euro-socks.

The surface looks kinda "slick", dont you slide around if you trip?