Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hockey3

EA NHL 07 vs NHL 06

Yeah, I can't get a backhander to go in that situation either. I think I'm supposed to let get of the left analog and let my guy coast, then press up... but like you said, easier said then done.

Also, playing against the blackhawks, havlat did a spin move, how do I do that? full circle with the right analog?

Yup, it's either that or I miss my chance completely and end up behind the net. I hate when you're going down so on those periods my bread and butter is to walk across the slot and wrist it on net.

As for how to do a certain move I still don't know how to do a specific move. I think it depends on that player's skill level because some players do the same little move and then a skill player will do something more elaborate.

To do the spin move go to the players forehand side using the right analog as if doing a wrist shot but continue going around the axis so as to do a semi-circle backwards ending up on the players backhand all in one motion. I don't think the move is really helpful but is fun to fool around with against friends. The toe drag is pretty pointless too in my experience.

Also, for a better power play use you points by skating in the zone with a D or whoever is handling the puck on the break out and post up at the point by holding down the left trigger the whole time. This way you can sorta "strafe": move forwards, backwards, sideways, all while facing the net/offensive zone (you also will avoid going off sides all the goddamn time). This make it a lot easier to get shots and passes off from the point and will help ya make shit happen on the power play.

You can also do this breaking out of the zone "regrouping". This makes the game pretty damn realistic. Its amazing how much shit you can find out about these games just trying to beat your buddies.

What style do you use? I use the vision button or whatever, but I'm on Shooting and still I have players that just hang out around the boards. With the Leafs, my PP is Kubina walking in and drawing someone to him and then I fire it on net for Sundin or Tucker to hunt down.

Try Contain the Puck for your style - that way the D should try to stay inside the blueline.

Also, I never let the screen direction change between periods. I change the visual setting to always skate up. That way since I'm already pushing up to skate, when I switch to a shot I'm already pointing up and usually get the puck up high. Backhands are trickier I've found though too.