Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hockey3

EA NHL 07 vs NHL 06

Yeah, someone tell me in the mere hours they've played it if it's better. I mean the fact it's now available on the 360 surely can't be enough.

I haven't played it yet...I might swing by EB Games at lunch tomorrow and give it a whirl...

But from what I've seen demo'd online...the gameplay for 360 is very, very realistic. Left Analog controls the players, Right analog basically controls the stick/puck.

The Goalies movements are more realistic and the "sticky puck" is gone...the puck is not dead until the goalie glove/body is actually covering it...it doesn't stick to the goalie or get sucked into the crease like old versions. The bounces are more true to life...not predictable...

Defencemen can back pedal along to blue line to open up a shooting lane...they've really put a lot of thought into the Game play and AI. The Dynasty/Fantasy mode is improved as well. Veterans gain confidence though icetime, rookies gain experience playing with vets...stuff like that.

Regular Xbox (from what I've heard) is still the classic Left Analog/Game pad controls...with the Skill Stick from last year...but not nearly as well defined as the 360. Obviously the graphics on 360 will have better definition etc...

Again...this is all third party, based on EA sportts demos I've seen online...

I got it for 360 yesterday. The stick control is hard to get used to and I've kind've cheated by going to the traditional controls in addition to the stick button. Gameplay is good, graphics are awesome and it feels much more real than 2K6 (the only hockey game available last year). I notice a difference playing this 07 version, I haven't noticed a difference in a hockey game for a long time. They all seemed to be minor upgrades on the previous years, where this just seems better.

I love the game so far (got it yesterday for 360), but I'm not too fond of the create-a-player...maybe I'm an idot and don't know how to work it, but the appearance of the player is pretty weak in terms of choices...

My friend got it yeaterday for 360 and it looked amazing. The gameplay took alittle adjusting, but I thought it was definately alot better than 06.

Yeah, someone tell me in the mere hours they've played it if it's better. I mean the fact it's now available on the 360 surely can't be enough.

It was out here for PS2 yesterday

It was out here for PS2 yesterday

Okay, see where you said it was out for the PS2? Yeah, that's nice but it doesn't go with the part where I mentioned the 360. I realise some places had it out yesterday but not all and I really couldn't give a frog's fat ass about any other console's version.

i played it for ps2 and its not much diff than 06, the only diff is you shoot with r1 r2 and you pass with the analog stickwhich is not what i was expecting, there is no more skill stick, just an auto deak and a spin move, and the boost sucks

I have it for the ps2, I feel ripped off. Besides the passing with the right stick it's the same game. Playing it online on the ps2 is laggy and buggy as hell, for some reason time warps back and I have to replay face offs and stuff.

Edit: NM just found out my roommate was downloading and uploading stuff so that's probably why my online experience crapped out.

For 360 it's pretty damn good. The graphics speak for themselves and most have talked about how amazing the goalies are in the game(on a screened shot the goalie might drop into the butterfly blindly and not make a move for the puck and he wont follow the puck with his head).

The checking is awesome, now. Not ever check sends a guy flying, it's a lot more realistic.

I got it for the 360 and as has been mentioned, its the most realistic hockey game I've ever played. Unless you really line a guy up it won't be a devastating hit, and the goalies are fantastic. In other games by the 10th time I played it I'd be scoring in the double digits, and after playing last night the most I scored was four. Well, six, but that was a quick game where I put Kovalchuk-Heatley-Ovechkin on a line together B)

I'm still undecided on the new controls, and I turned it to classic after a few games and liked it better. You can still use the right analog to shoot as well as the buttons, and I like using "A" to pass way better then the right trigger.

As someone else said though, I was thoroughly disappointed in the create-a-player. I have Oblivion and the amount of options for the games face and body are unbelievable, and I found this game very lacking in that department. Plus none of the pre-set player head use the RBK helmet that I do.

I started playing last night and it's the first NHL xx game I've been this satisfied playing in a long time. The controls are insane and will take a lot of getting used to, but the new 'bitch goal' is going across the middle, deking and letting a wrister go. I didn't notice it, but is there a goal review ala Madden? I ask because I scored on a shot that rang off both posts and never went all the way in.

How in the hell do you win a faceoff in 07? iam puching the right trigger button, but nothing is happening. no lie, i've won TWO faceoffs since i got the game, and they were in a row.

I hold the L stick back, then time and pull back R when the puck drops. Even with Sundin I was winning about 20% tops.

Other weird things that I hope don't turn out to be glitches (and it's rather minute) are who they give goals to. I set-up Kubina for a one-timer and they gave the goal to the guy who set him up for some reason.

I hold the L stick back, then time and pull back R when the puck drops. Even with Sundin I was winning about 20% tops.

Other weird things that I hope don't turn out to be glitches (and it's rather minute) are who they give goals to. I set-up Kubina for a one-timer and they gave the goal to the guy who set him up for some reason.

They used to have a similar glitch a few years ago. If you passed it over center ice and one-timed it, there would be a whistle for icing.

I hold the L stick back, then time and pull back R when the puck drops.  Even with Sundin I was winning about 20% tops. 

Other weird things that I hope don't turn out to be glitches (and it's rather minute) are who they give goals to.  I set-up Kubina for a one-timer and they gave the goal to the guy who set him up for some reason.

How close were you on the one-timers? I did the same thing last night, but on the replay I saw it was tipped by the passer. Mine was almost like a half drop pass, because they were so close, which is why I ask. I am also terrible on face-offs.

Are on you the classic or default control Mack?

Default? I didn't change it, it's the new controls and it's awesome yet frustrating. I lost a couple breakaway chances because I goofed up on the dekes and ended up behind the goalline.

I passed it from the lower circle with Tucker, one-timed it with Kubina and it went straight thru. I didn't think much of it other than an annoyance till Kubina sniped one later and I tried to get him a hattie. I hope this is a sign of things to come, because Raycroft was awesome too.

The fighting sucks out loud on this game too, it's horrible.

Didn't get into a fight yet in the game, I've gotta start instagating a bit more I guess :lol:

I was doing pretty horrible on faceoffs too. I didn't touch the left analog, but would just try timing it with the right analog. Is it just me or does there seem to be a split second delay in between when the puck is dropped and when its hit by whoever wins it?

There is a little delay after the puck actually drops, then you kind of actually have to fight for the puck as a lot of the times it barely trickles out of the scrum.

As for the fights, the slash button/instigate button got me a couple, but I also had some random ones come out and I had even put down the fight frequency in the settings. It was pathetic, it was McCabe wrestling Stoll and Moreau later on.