Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hockey3

EA NHL 07 vs NHL 06

(I'm playing on PS2)

to fake a shot, wind up and then press on the right analog (it's also a button on PS2). the right analog is also the passing mechanism. I like it.

To fight, press down on the D pad, but it only works when both teams have a fighter on the ice (obviously)

And for whoever said it was hard to get a decent pp going, my PP is clicking at over 50% for the season, 50 some odd games in, on hard difficulty. My PK is pretty horrible though, despite me scoring over 100 SH goals in the same amount of time. Not to mention my leading scorer has 190 pts.

It's no fun anymore. I'm averaging nearly 12 goals for a game, and I've topped 20 goals on numerous occasions.

edit: they added drop passes this year, yoo. press on the right analog and then tilt it in the opposite direction from where you're skating and voila.

Yeah but this is on the 360 where the PP sucks and you're on the PS2, which in my short and painful experience playing just reeked of 2006.

Is it just me or were the game controls much better in the 2001-2002-2003 era? You can do most of the same things without having to worry about the analog stick. Sticking with the old controls is tough though - I haven't been able to reload them after I've saved them and it forces me to re-pick my controls every time I boot the machine. (PS2). Ugh.

Yeah but this is on the 360 where the PP sucks and you're on the PS2, which in my short and painful experience playing just reeked of 2006.

Are you have the issue with D-men keeping the puck at the point? My D is always way outside the line, so I have no point shot, ever! If they are wide open, I'll fire it back and they float outside the line and one-time it. This is my one major issue right now along with the puck constantly hitting the crossbar and going out of play.

That's part of the problem I have with the d-men, the other problem is having my pass completely miss them and go all the way down. My PP at this point is working it to Sundin behind the net and have him curl out to the circle and fire a wrister and hope it goes in or Tucker knocks it in.

i have turned up the fight meter on the rules option, but i still cant get the players to fight. any help"? its for regular xbox

also, i played 15 minute periods and won like 76-5

the goalies are terrible.

You're not missing anything because the fighting is absolute crap.

i still would like to atleast know how to fight. it might make my 50-0 game a liottle more exciting..lol

PC version is so disappointing. It is almost graphically the same with the 06, the commentators...equipment...crowd... It's a recycled piece of crap. Total waste of money. The only slight improvement are the golies, they don't lie on the ice with one deke anymore. I also get called a lot of penalties even though I am not doing anything. AI sucks big time. EA should be ashamed.

PC version is so disappointing. It is almost graphically the same with the 06, the commentators...equipment...crowd... It's a recycled piece of crap. Total waste of money. The only slight improvement are the golies, they don't lie on the ice with one deke anymore. I also get called a lot of penalties even though I am not doing anything. AI sucks big time. EA should be ashamed.

At least they fixed the commentary. That was the most annoying thing IMO. Nothing like hearing the color saying "OUCH! Look at that hit, he isn't going to be getting off the ice anytime soon" when the replay clip is of you taking a slapshot.

I don't mind the slight update, but I wish they would have made it more like the 360 version. I played it a while back it felt MUCH smoother.

Looks like I'm going to pick up a 360 tonight. Still can't decide on 07 or 2K7. I played 2K6 on 360 for all of last year and liked that, plus I've been disappointed in EA games the past couple of years. I just read through all 10 pages of this and still can't make up my mind. Somebody sway me one way or the other.

I can't say I've played 2k7 but this is the first EA hockey game since NHL 2000 that I still like as much as the first week I got it.

kosydar Posted on Oct 31 2006, 07:54 PM

Looks like I'm going to pick up a 360 tonight. Still can't decide on 07 or 2K7. I played 2K6 on 360 for all of last year and liked that, plus I've been disappointed in EA games the past couple of years. I just read through all 10 pages of this and still can't make up my mind. Somebody sway me one way or the other. 

I have the 360 and both games. My recommendation would be to buy 2k7 and download the free NHL 07 shootout. The right control on 07 is great and it really shines in the shootout, but the overall game flow, camera angles and sound are better in 2k7 in my opinion.

I played the demo of both games and highly recommend NHL 07. 2K7 was just a very average boring game with some upgraded graphics from previous versions. There's nothing that compels you to play it over and over.

Best idea is rent them both if you really want to try them out fully.

You're not missing anything because the fighting is absolute crap.

i still would like to atleast know how to fight. it might make my 50-0 game a liottle more exciting..lol

On the 360 version just click the Y button as you skate down the ice behind a guy. That usually triggers a fight when I play.

I have yet to figure out how the hell you actually fight. I just push buttons and move the sticks hoping it will end soon - so yeah, you're not missing much.

I ended up getting EA. So far I've played around 10 games and I love it. I'm finally getting the hang of the stick skills, and nobody else is. I'm an impressive 8-2 thus far, with 8 straight victories.

Just pull the stick to one side and then pull back - try it a few times and you'll get it.

One of the most satisfying moments I had in this game was when I put a hard wrist shot over the goalie shoulder into the upper corner. It felt so awesome because it was exactly what I was trying to do and the game gave me enough control to execute it.

I've found wrist shots are hard to pull off because I ususally end up winding up for a slapshot when I try it, but it's a much more accurate shot if you can do it. (you have to roll the stick to a side and then down to do a wrister vs just pull back for a slapper, but my fat fingers usually don't do the roll properly.)

One other thought while I'm raving - even though it's sometimes quirky, the puck and goalie physics make this game look way more realistic than any other hockey game I've seen. Can't wait until they fix the defensive controls next year so your D men aren't just pylons.

The EA game is awesome, can't speak for 2K. I agree with Mack, it's one of the few games in a long time I am not getting tired of quickly. Also (I didn't read the whole thread so I'm not sure if this was mentioned), the world tourney is a great feature that adds a lot of excitement through international rules and domestic pride.

Near the half-way mark in my season and still haven't gotten bored of it yet, even with the goofy little glitches that come up. The one thing that I still haven't managed to learn is how to roof a backhander when you're going down-screen. I mean I know what you're supposed to do but damned if I don't stuff it right into a legpad every time.