Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hockey3

EA NHL 07 vs NHL 06

Default? I didn't change it, it's the new controls and it's awesome yet frustrating. I lost a couple breakaway chances because I goofed up on the dekes and ended up behind the goalline.

The fighting sucks out loud on this game too, it's horrible.

I still use the right analogue to deke and everything with the classic control, its just easier pressing A to pass and X to shoot if need be. The mishandles on breakaways were eating me alive. Sounds like you are the Leafs, how is Stayan doing for you? :P Raycroft is surprisingly good in this, I noticed that as well. Still waiting for my first fight, but after your instigator post I think it may come soon.

Haha, I heard Gary Thorne say that and I was like "who the hell is that?" then realised who it was. I'm more of a Steen fan than ever though, I like him on this game. O'Neill's pretty much crap as expected and they did give Kilger a laser.

RE: Faceoffs.

Its a known problem.. every reviewer has complained about it. It will be fixed with patches for 360, Xbox and pc versions.

RE: Faceoffs.

Its a known problem.. every reviewer has complained about it. It will be fixed with patches for 360, Xbox and pc versions.

If everyone complained why the hell wasn't it fixed before release?

Damn, so I'm going to have to get XBox live to get downloaded patches? There was one on the disc but I'll be damned if I have to join just for a patch, which shouldn't be needed for a console game anyway.

well fuck me.

Can I take this piece of shit back? The pc version is almost an exact replica of 06. Same presentation, same models, new music :S, same shitty menus... If you are going to buy it and already have 06 for pc, its in NO way worth $30 m ore bucks.

Haha, I heard Gary Thorne say that and I was like "who the hell is that?" then realised who it was. I'm more of a Steen fan than ever though, I like him on this game. O'Neill's pretty much crap as expected and they did give Kilger a laser.

Thats one of the things I really like so far in the game. The players seem to be bang on with their actual games. Antro is slow as hell, Kilger and Poni can hammer pucks. Every team I've played with has been similar in this regard. It's cool to see players that move different and aren't all capable of doing the same thing.

That's definitely become more realistic, but I've still only played with the Leafs. I've resisted trying to play with the Caps to see how AO is, because...well...it's the Caps.

Has anyone tried the on-ice sounds on? I saw that option but forgot to try it out and was wondering if you heard people chirping or if it was just stuff like pucks hitting boards, etc.

That's definitely become more realistic, but I've still only played with the Leafs. I've resisted trying to play with the Caps to see how AO is, because...well...it's the Caps.

Has anyone tried the on-ice sounds on? I saw that option but forgot to try it out and was wondering if you heard people chirping or if it was just stuff like pucks hitting boards, etc.

Adding in random F-bombs would be a nice touch.

Even if they were cartoonish and used words like "butthole" I'd take it over Gary Thorne I think.

Speaking of Gary, does he still say Paul Kare'er?

The Silver is free which allows you to download stuff like that and roster updates. All you have to do is create a profile.

What is this? I'd love roster updates, but don't want to fork out the cash for Xbox live.

That's definitely become more realistic, but I've still only played with the Leafs.  I've resisted trying to play with the Caps to see how AO is, because...well...it's the Caps.

Has anyone tried the on-ice sounds on?  I saw that option but forgot to try it out and was wondering if you heard people chirping or if it was just stuff like pucks hitting boards, etc.

Adding in random F-bombs would be a nice touch.

I thought I heard "Rated T for Teen" in teh TV spot......why not E like the other years.

Well of course they can't get the non-NHLPA ones, but I was playing Edmonton and they had Pouillot (sp?), Columbus had Brule, etc.

The Silver is free which allows you to download stuff like that and roster updates. All you have to do is create a profile.

What is this? I'd love roster updates, but don't want to fork out the cash for Xbox live.

Well, for the 360 at least, you have two different options for Xbox Live - Gold and Silver. With the Gold it allows to play games against other people online plus all the downloadable content. The Silver is free, but it only allows downloadable content such as roster updates. Xbox Live - Silver

I picked up the PS2 version earlier tonight. The roster is farther out of date than ever before and it seems a bit sluggish.