Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hockey3

EA NHL 07 vs NHL 06

2K and 07 are just roster updates for the xbox and PS2

:rolleyes: Go read the reviews again..

I mean other than 2k7 has a new default camera angle (bought it Wed). 07 adds the stick passing. All the graphics are the same. Not sure about menus though

I like the videos and im quite bummed that my PC is from 1995 or something. I rather invest money into hockey and gasoline than my pc.

i'm playing it for pc. it's not as much of a step up over 06 as i'd hoped. but it's still good to atleast have some updated things.

the online play is pretty glitchy so far. i'll be a few minutes into the 3rd & all of a sudden it reverts back to halfway through the 2nd.

Playing it for Xbox. More fun to score, as slapshots actually can score a reasonable amount of time.

Huge glitch - anybody play 2006 Dynasty mode and run into the bug where your attendance drops to 0 for the rest of the season if you Sim a game and use the "intervene" option? I think they didn't fix that in 2007, for the Xbox at least.

Also, you can't change your financial details anymore. No changing ticket prices, gouging on playoff tix, etc... It's Dynasty mode for dummies. Salary cap is not programmed very well either. Seems to be a last minute addition. Took me half an hour to figure out that when I tried to trade a player (with my team nowhere near the cap) and it kept saying "This will put your team over the salary cap" it meant it would put the team on the other side of the trade over the cap.

my brother was a tester for the game, and he told me about a crap load of bugs... if you shoot the puck over the net in your own defensive zone you won't get a penalty... if the goalie is anywhere near behind the goalie the goalie won't go down to block it, he will only put his glove behind his legs to try to block it, he won't lie on the puck. if you go in with a right handed shooter(snipers and danglers) on nittymaki and go from the slot shoot and it will go in. there are a crap load more, but they just wanted to release the game as soon as possible so people could get excited for hockey this year apparently. there were many known bugs...

It sounds like the Xbox360 version is pretty good. It looks great too. I haven't gotten the chance to play NHL 07 yet, but it sounds like it isn't much different than last years version for PS2 (which is what I have). I don't blame EA for wanting to get the game out in a timely fashion. I wish I had a X360. NHL 07 looks phenominal for it.

Even if they were cartoonish and used words like "butthole" I'd take it over Gary Thorne I think.

Speaking of Gary, does he still say Paul Kare'er?

He pronounces Tomi Poti's last name as "potty"...which is fairly accurate.

Another scoring glitch came up this weekend. This time I had a goal on a give-and-go and the primary assist went to "Unassisted" but the secondary assist was correctly given to someone else.

Played it yesterday for PS2 at my friend's house; got killed in the first couple of games because he would use the auto deke constantly but after an hour or so I was much better. As with '06, a big part of the game is actual knowledge and strategy.

I tried classic controls for a bit and you can still override the shots by pressing the L stick. I didn't like it that much or just got used to the new ones so I kept it to the default ones. I like how it's more realistic in scoring though, I can go one say and shot against the grain and it'll catch the goalies off guard.

Bought it for Reg Xbox...played a couple games tonight. I knew it wouldn't be as good as the 360, but I am a little dissappointed at how similar to 06 it is. Alot of the commentary is the same...the menus/pre game & between period intros look very similar.

The rosters weren't even as up to date as I would have hoped. I had to swap a few guys around on my...I thought they had new Play By Play announcers...I guess that is just the 360. I think the players attributes are pretty realistic.

I DO like the pass with the analog/shot with the trigger set up. Fairly easy to get used to...A little more realistic game play than last year...It doesn't have the over the top skill stick moves like last year...(flip it over your head and in...stuff like that). Scoring is very easy, but I may have it set too low.

I had to change one default...the "DIVE" button on Defense was the same as the "WRIST SHOT" (X)...so if you miss the shot, or get poke checked, as you press (X) your guy would just flop down. Swapped it with (B) HOOK/TIE UP...that should be better.

Anyone try both the XBox and 360 versions? I'm interested in the commentary on the XBox because on the 360 it's pretty decent, even if it's Gary Thorne. At least it's no Sports Talk Football.

i picked up the ps2 version. so far its pretty fun. although its the first one i got since 03. i hate the normal controls though. totally redid that. and i agree about the old rosters. there's a couple big ones...like hasek still being on the sens.

I'm not liking the gameplay on nhl 07. The computer plays soo freaking stupid, they skate away from the puck. When going into the zone they love to jump offsides and to follow you in the zone. And playing online is crappy because it's possibly the choppiest game I have ever seen. And the fights and the way the players react to slashes ruin gameplay.

2k7 is better playwise but nhl 07 has much better graphics and the goalies are more realistic. NHL 08(if they fix some of tha AI) will be sick.

I got my copy for PS2 in the mail yesterday and played a game real quick before I had to run and I liked it quite a bit. It actually exceeded my expectations. I just recently bought a used PS2 and used to play the game on my PC and I liked it a lot on PC but had never really liked it on PS2 when I played it at my friends place on is 60 inch TV. I was actually pleasently surprised playing on my 32 inch TV yesterday. Graphics are really nice, game play was good compared to the previous years it seems but then again my experience with the NHL franchise on PS2 i very limited. I used to find that the controls were difficult and non responsive on the previous years but this year it seems to be quite good, anyways it was for me last night. I am planning on purchasing a 360 sometimes soon though so I will more than likely buy the game for that console too.. which means I'll have a PS2 and about 6-10 games for sale with it... Will make sure to let you guys know when that time comes in case someone may be interested in purchasing it then.

EA obviously focused the majority of their efforts on the 360 version, and it was well known that 07 current gen was going to be almost identical to 06. Why are you guys complaining?

I played it on a dislpay 360 in a game store yesterday..

It dropped my jaw.

Looks like im buying a 360 :S

Anyone try both the XBox and 360 versions? I'm interested in the commentary on the XBox because on the 360 it's pretty decent, even if it's Gary Thorne. At least it's no Sports Talk Football.

"it's 2nd down and i can't believe it, the kicking team comes on"

10 seconds later fake field goal from my own 10, run it in