Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hockey3

EA NHL 07 vs NHL 06

If you dont have an xbox 360, dont even bother buying Madden 07 or NHL 07. I made that mistake. There pretty much the same game as 06. Its brutal

If you dont have an xbox 360, dont even bother buying Madden 07 or NHL 07. I made that mistake. There pretty much the same game as 06. Its brutal

I bought both...but, having never played a Madden game before..it's all new to me.

The computer plays soo freaking stupid, they skate away from the puck.

haha. i noticed that too. the puck will be behind their net & they'll just turn around & skate up the boards.

I bought both...but, having never played a Madden game before..it's all new to me.

Same, I've been a 2k series guy for PS2 hockey for years and didn't buy Madden last year. However, I think NCAA 07 has smoother gameplay so I went with that over Madden.

Once you get the stick down + superstar difficulty it is the most crisp, realistic hockey game i've ever played. Some of the goals I've scored are just unreal. Also, Columbus is the best team in the game by far.....Nash and Zherdev are ridiculous.

Just a tip on faceoffs. If you hold left stick back and repeatedly push the left shoulder button (not the trigger) you will often pull the puck back to yourself. It's kind of a cheap move in my mind but I see people use it online so you have to be prepared if someone uses it on you.

I won my first Cup as the Capitals last night. You just have to keep saving your Dynasty and sim the games until it comes up right! Ovechkin was league MVP and Kolzig won Playoffs MVP.

No roster updates are out yet but if you don't have Live just try to find one of those 3 month free deals that come in many games.

just foul them on the faceoff, hearing them wine cracks me up every time! Kinda unrealistic that you foul a guy and he screams and stops playing completely. One of the many things, gameplay wise, that kills nhl 07

No roster updates are out yet but if you don't have Live just try to find one of those 3 month free deals that come in many games.

you mean 48 hours?

I think he means 3 months.

you mean 48 hours?

I think he means 3 months.

Exactly - they're worth 3 months of free live service. The couple that I still have supposedly 'expired' but I gave one to a friend recently and it still worked. Not sure if they give them out in games as much anymore though - these ones came in games I bought probably a year ago or more for the Xbox.

How do you use the deke joystick? Is in the left or right stick cuz' with the left i move the player and it doesn't do anything? I know Y is an auto deke but there just basic ittle moves.

P.S : EA NHL 07 and for Xbox

once won 170-3 on the hardest mode. best was on easy mode, it showed you what the computer was selecting as a play, never owned it, rented it every week tho, loved it

i find that some what hard to belive.

but none of the less good job :D

How do you use the deke joystick? Is in the left or right stick cuz' with the left i move the player and it doesn't do anything? I know Y is an auto deke but there just basic ittle moves.

P.S : EA NHL 07 and for Xbox

There really isnt any "deke" joystick on the good ol' Xbox. you can move your stick side to side with the left thumbstick tho.

Well I finally updated the rosters and re-started the dynasty complete with me in the line-up because that's realistic. I am an RBK whore on that game, complete with a goddamn visor. I cannot stand the creation zone on this game, but it's a small price to pay I reckon.

Slash/instigate button; the new controls where one stick is your skates and the other is your stick. Maybe more, I haven't played a PS2 in years.

picked it up for pc yesterday and played dynasty with the oilers. first homegame there is a banner raising and the pa announcer says give it up for your eastern conference champs

WTF??????????????????????????

eastern conference. it says western conference champs on the banner and you cant get it right and say western?

holy man

Slash/instigate button; the new controls where one stick is your skates and the other is your stick. Maybe more, I haven't played a PS2 in years.

you can still instigate fights (i think down on the D pad) and you can play pretty dirty with the right analog stick. Kasparaitis gives facewashes to anyone in front of the net and never gets called on it. I find myself trying to stickhandle and shoot with the right analog even though I know it's not there.

Anyone else notice that the announcers call Niitymaki of the flyers Cam Ward? (PS2 version)

NHL 2007 dynasty mode is so bad that I've stopped playing it and reverted to NHL 2006. Had to play around with the settings so that it plays more like 2007, but at least the dynasty mode problems are manageable.

anyone know how to change your gear in Create a player.. i dont get the part were you change your face. and i cant find were to change your gear?

ps. its the 360 version