Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

All Torhs Team

spray painting helmet

For my team, I must have a royal blue helmet. I've got a white one.

I need to spray paint it royal blue by this saturday.

I would buy a brand new helmet, but since I have games this weekend, its gota get done. So what am I looking for in the Ace Hardware shop, or any other place?

Certain types of spray paint? Cause I tried spray painting an old helmet before and it came out horrible.

And do you guys have any extra tips to make it come out better?

Thanks

It voids the warranty and could cause the helmet to break down. You are not permitted to wear it in USAH or HC sanctioned play. Not to mention it looks like shit.

For my team, I must have a royal blue helmet. I've got a white one.

I need to spray paint it royal blue by this saturday.

I would buy a brand new helmet, but since I have games this weekend, its gota get done. So what am I looking for in the Ace Hardware shop, or any other place?

Certain types of spray paint? Cause I tried spray painting an old helmet before and it came out horrible.

And do you guys have any extra tips to make it come out better?

Thanks

Why can't you just buy one? Even though you do have games this weekend, it doesnt take much time, if any to break a helmet in..

It voids the warranty and could cause the helmet to break down. You are not permitted to wear it in USAH or HC sanctioned play. Not to mention it looks like shit.

and a good ref should not allow you to wear it during a game.

when did your coach tell you you MUST have a blue helmet?

i mean if he really was making this a rule for the team i think he would have told u earlier then today. you should have bought one as soon as the coach told you that it was a "must".

also, if the blue helmets are so the team looks good together, i definately wouldnt spraypaint one. painted helmets and cages look like crap.

if i was you i would overnight ship one, go to a local hockey shop and get one, or borrow one form a freind.

I spraypainted my 5000 two years ago when we needed a black helmet and I had a white one. I kept it for half the season, and finally got a black one for Christmas. Even when the paint chipped so much that my head looked like a cow, referees never said anything to me.

I spraypainted my 5000 two years ago when we needed a black helmet and I had a white one. I kept it for half the season, and finally got a black one for Christmas. Even when the paint chipped so much that my head looked like a cow, referees never said anything to me.

They should have had their certifications revoked.

You might actually be better off putting some kind of glaze on it. Luckily you have a light base to do it on. If it makes your coach happy you can just buy some light blue tape and wrap it all around your helmet. You could also get some vinyl or plasticy stickers in sheets that you can cut to pieces and put on your helmet.

Well I did find out last night officially. I was given a heads up that it was a possiblity I would need one, days ago. But I didnt want to buy one if it wasnt going to be used.

So last night I found out I need it by saturday (tomorow).

So they all said that spray painting it looks fine. And that two kids did it last year and it worked great.

Yeah, and how great will it look sitting in your bag, along with your skates, when the smart official says you can't play because your equipment is unsafe. Don't do it half assed--just buy the right one.

A few kids on my HS team spraypainted their helmets Navy Blue and never had any trouble with the refs. If you do a decent job no one is gonna notice

The chemicals in the paint and driers can and will affect the polycarbonate structure of the helmet making it brittle and useless when it hits the ice or the boards. I don't know about the U.S. (Chadd maybe you can help here) but in Canada the Referee is responsible for what happens on the ice. If they allow an unsafe, altered and non-certified helmet to be worn and the player gets hurt or worse because of it, the Referee can be held personally liable for damages and lawsuits. Why anyone would want to jeopardize their safety to save a few bucks, especially when it comes to the head, is beyond me. Buy a new one.

Maybe they were too busy laughing.

OK OK OK, I got a new one!

ha, but thanks for the replies guys. I prolly woulda painted it if it wasnt for you guys.

for the record i got a new bauer 4500

The best move you could have made.

OK OK OK, I got a new one!

ha, but thanks for the replies guys. I prolly woulda painted it if it wasnt for you guys.

for the record i got a new bauer 4500

The best move you could have made.

I second that! :P I picked up a 4500SE off a member here and love it. Most comfortable helmet I have worn so far.