Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TBLfan

Pro stock mission blades

Just a quick question for everyone, and this may be the wrong place for it, but how do you guys decide to buy new patterns of blades sight unseen. I mean I know what I like from a pattern, but I would never try a new pattern until I was able to pick up and really "feel" the stick when you hold it and place the blade on the ground (either an OPS or, heaven-forbid, a woody with that pattern). So I'm just wondering how you guys judge what you may/may not like without seeing/feeling the stick?

Thanks.

The wood blades I bought went to shit after 2 games, I don't expect much durability from wood blades, but they broke down quick.

$13/per blade though isn't a big deal to find out not to buy the wood again.

The wood blades I bought went to shit after 2 games, I don't expect much durability from wood blades, but they broke down quick.

$13/per blade though isn't a big deal to find out not to buy the wood again.

Two Games? Wow, I hope I can get a litte more life out of mine. Does anyone else have/or had the same experience? What is the life expectancy of a wood blade?

Just a quick question for everyone, and this may be the wrong place for it, but how do you guys decide to buy new patterns of blades sight unseen. I mean I know what I like from a pattern, but I would never try a new pattern until I was able to pick up and really "feel" the stick when you hold it and place the blade on the ground (either an OPS or, heaven-forbid, a woody with that pattern). So I'm just wondering how you guys judge what you may/may not like without seeing/feeling the stick?

Thanks.

they guess...and if they dont like them, they have a good shot of selling them here to other MSH'ers

and we rely on pics and experts like TBLfan to give us idead before we order, but for the most part its guessing and experimenting

haha, I wouldn't say expert, I'd say "test dummy" :)

I'll agree with you there. But hopefully without all of the black and yellow "discs" all over your body, and the random high speed collisions. ;)

For all that inquired.....my 2 Rhakshani blades are sold and shipped.

I can back up that the wood blades don't last. I was getting through CCM 892's about 1 every 6-8 sessions, but these are dead in 3.... but hey they cost $6. Gone through 1 x Boyes, 1 x Komisarek and 1 x Armstrong in the last 3-4 weeks.

I have just ordered 2 x Shannahan tapered pro stocks after everyone seems to be saying good things about the Mission comp blades.

I did get 3 of the Warriors, but only the Vanek pattern looks usable. The Zubov is the thinnest blade (height wise) I have ever seen and the Whitney must have about a 3-3.5 lie and a really open toe. UGLY!

I've got a purple-ish disc on my stomach from a puck, haha.

I also see plenty of high speed collisions, seriously retards need to learn to skate with their heads up and stop turning into me.

Could you do a comparison/contrast with that Hinote vs. a PM9/Forsberg pattern? Example - Hinote: More curve depth, more of a heel, higher lie, longer blade, etc. Thanks.

I think I might be in the minority I got two dolos and the clear one was boxy and the PF doesn't seem boxy at all. I just don't remember many others getting boxy on the clear ones, and most people getting boxy on the PF's, oh well I can live with them.

The Hinote lie is higher. Closer to 5.5 than 5 I think. The other thing I noticed is The Hinote is a bit more open than my PM9 xxx-lite blade. Very close though.

For those who have bought the mission pro stock blades and the warrior pro stock blades how do they compare? Do one of them perform any better or have better feel?

Anyone order from Canada with any success? I see they ship to Canada with UPS only or Worldwide Expre$$. UPS is terrible for cross border duty charges.

Looking at some Zinojiev and Parise blades

Two I know of ordered. One person didn't bother picking up their blades because of duty fees and Stampeder had a little problem/delay with HM not sending out his complete order.

I ordered from Canada (used a relative in Seattle as a go-between), and just received my order of lefty tapers today. Happily, they were able to substitute two Marleau woods instead of Sundstroms. The Marleau curve is just beautiful - a really nice, gentle mid curve with just a hint of an opening at the toe (if I've got my terminology right).

I also got a 'Pro 48' and a Beaverson in woods. The 48 looks pretty damn close to the Marleau, and the Beaverson is the same again, but a higher lie and about a full inch longer.

I'll post pics if anyone still cares...