Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hockey3

Aaron Downey taken to hospital

The contact itself was legal (no elbow, feet on the ice) but Downey had gotten rid of the puck and was not in possesion of the puck, so in that was the hit should had been penalized but only a 2 min for interference.

BOOM, face to face with a train. The hit was completly legal and did not deserve any penalty. I got pissed at the analyst telling everyone that Downey had not the puck anymore... He had it like a second before! What do you want Reghr to do, brake and let him go??? Finishing checks (checking the player right after he made his play) is legal in hockey so why would this one be illegal?

BTW, Habs vs Flames was an awesome game, very intense and entertaining. Too bad they dont play against each other again before 2008 because the frustration was pretty high on each side, they hated each other. Komisarek vs Inginla: i think Komi was not confortable with his right hand because he denied the fight against Inginla... Not his style at all.

Perhaps Komi knew he would get the living shit beaten out of him by Iginla lol. Iginla is far from being my favorite player but this guy can fight and I think even though Komisarek's one big guy, he would have gotten a beating from Iginla. The kid is still young and it seems like he knew better than to get in a fight with him.

Perhaps Komi knew he would get the living shit beaten out of him by Iginla lol. Iginla is far from being my favorite player but this guy can fight and I think even though Komisarek's one big guy, he would have gotten a beating from Iginla. The kid is still young and it seems like he knew better than to get in a fight with him.

Montreal also has Dandenault hurt, and Rivet kind limping...so Komi probably figured risking an injury for the sake of a fight, might not be good for the team...and IMHO, I think he would have taken Iggy.

Looks like the one chunk of heart Montreal had is out now. This should be a "fun" team to watch now.

I can't believe it. Downey one chunk of the heart of Montreal. :o

Who got the big winning goal yesterday and who got the big tying goal saturday? Certainly not Downey.

Habs got heart bro, Begin, Higgins, Rivet, Komi, Koivu got more heart then you will ever have...

As for the hit, I think guys need to stop trying to kill people with late hits, theres no more respect in this league...

Habs got heart bro, Begin, Higgins, Rivet, Komi, Koivu got more heart then you will ever have...

As for the hit, I think guys need to stop trying to kill people with late hits, theres no more respect in this league...

You hit the nail on the head right there.

...the guy who also can't score at even-strength.

Neither can Darcy Tucker...but everyone loves him in To.

I've heard (but nor had sonfimred) that Downey suffered what they are calling..."they" being one of the other Hab fans I work with...a serious concussion.

I don't know his concussion history...I don't think he's had many (if any) in his career...at least not documented ones.

I guess Garth Murray gets his spot on the roster back...

Eh, I'll give you Koivu but other than that the list is as weak as your jab.

is there any where that i can see the video of the hit i missed it

tsn.ca has it in the audio/video section...not the hit by itself...but it is part of the highlight package.

...the guy who also can't score at even-strength.

Neither can Darcy Tucker...but everyone loves him in To.

I've heard (but nor had sonfimred) that Downey suffered what they are calling..."they" being one of the other Hab fans I work with...a serious concussion.

I don't know his concussion history...I don't think he's had many (if any) in his career...at least not documented ones.

I guess Garth Murray gets his spot on the roster back...

Tucker is making under 2 mill a year and isn't really looked upon as a "sniper."

Eh, I'll give you Koivu but other than that the list is as weak as your jab.

lol, you rarely and maybe never watch the Canadiens play, how can you judge. Downey may have heart but he works in butter, like begin does. Some guys may look like they have heart and their intensity is up there, but they all do that in the butter.

I don't like Tucker but I can always count him being passionate unlike that other guy.

I like Tucker and I really mean that he is one of the players that I would like to have on my team and is useful for many reason for a team, but he is not the game breaker or the player that Kovalev is. Nor is he the skill player Kovy is. He may have the same amount of goal(I don't know about that)that kovy has but it's not clutch goal like Kovy would do.

Why would I watch them? From what I've seen, they're not entertaining at all. I also don't see why you defend them because it'd seem like you and your brother couldn't care less what team Kovalev is on so your allegiance is flawed.

was Kovalev on the canadiens team before 2004? Which team was my favorite team before 2004? OK. I think I can stop there.

I hope I won't see you judge the canadiens again, since you can't have an opinion execpt, bad or maybe jealous one.

Sorry, I wasn't subscribing to your blog before 2004 so I have no idea who your favourite brother from Hanson was let alone your favourite team. Couldn't care less anyway because you two seem to judge a player by talent alone and that's just pathetic.

As for my opinion on the list of Habs, none of those guys are new and I can't see them changing when there seems to be a lack of leadership on that team. If there was any, I'm sure they'd be making sure they're little girls played to their capabilities every night and not just when they wanted to.

I lost any respect I had for Kovalev after he cost Montreal that game in the Playoffs a couple years ago. A little tap on the gloves in OT, no ref would ever make a call on that at the time.