Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stampeder

Guitar Hero 2

Guitar Hero 3 this Fall

RedOctane FAQ may have spilled the beans.

by Hilary Goldstein

April 9, 2007 - Guitar Hero 3 is coming to PS2, PS3, Xbox 360 and Wii this fall. That according to Guitar Hero co-publisher RedOctane's site. In its FAQ section, RedOctane answers a common question: "When is Guitar Hero 2 (II) Coming? Will there be GH 2 for Wii, PS3, XBox, Xbox 360, etc?" The answer goes above and beyond the call of duty, announcing that Guitar Hero 3 is coming later this year for all major consoles.

The official answer reads:

"Guitar Hero 2 for Playstation 2 launched 11/7/2006, Xbox 360 launched 4/3/2007 and both items are shipping now. Please check www.guitarherogame.com and www.redoctane.com for the most rrent information.

Guitar Hero 3 for the Playstation 2, PS3, Xbox 360 and Wii are currently scheduled for release in the United States in Fall of 2007."

It should be noted that the FAQ answer, which numerous message board readers began linking to this evening, is not an official statement or announcement by co-publisher Activision or developer Neversoft. Activision and RedOctane could not be reached for comment at time of publish.

Just google guitar hero 3. That was the first page I clicked..

I picked Guitar Hero II up last night for my 360... notice I haven't been on MSH all day?? Hahaha.... my fingers are killing me. My fingers don't even ache when I play my real guitar!

Can you download new songs on Xbox live for the 360 version?

yes sir.. I haven't yet, but there's all sorts of downloadable content in XBL, and the game itself... you earn cash for gigs, and you can buy songs right in the actual game's "store"

I think most of the songs for purchase on XBL are from the first Guitar Hero

Sad to say I have been to a couple of these competitions. :(

I'm printing out the link to that article... especially seeing it's in the Boston Globe. I suggested Guitar Hero to a barkeep here in the 'burbs, and he looked at me like I had 5 heads... I told him "Golden Tee is old news, bro... you need Guitar Hero!"

Let him know that part of living out your rock star fantasy involves consuming mass quantities of rediculously inflated liquor prices ;)

We used to call them "open mic nights"

Let him know that part of living out your rock star fantasy involves consuming mass quantities of rediculously inflated liquor prices ;)

haha... I've spent over a decade amongst the "Elitist Boston Music Scene".... so it's strictly enjoyment for me, I've hung up the rock star fantasy a good 3 years ago.

Time to break the Bostonites of their love of indie music then. Have 15 people in a row play Cherry Pie in a row, and all should be forgiven.

Damn, guitar hero 3 will be the best yet. Can't wait to play "cult of personality"

Guitar Hero 3 info

If it wasn't 2AM here I would play it right now. It just doesn't sound good unless the windows are shaking. Great song, solo is nuts though.

Need some help/advice concerning my Guitar Hero II game and Xbox 360 Console:

(Console was NOT connect to Xbox Live at the time)

My disc was scratched recently and every time I play the game, it freezes at the loading screen. That is not the problem, the problem is that I used a friends disc on MY console. The problem is that when the game got to the set lists, all set lists (except the first two), all Store Songs, and Marketplace Songs were gone. Also, all unlocked guitars, characters, and finishes were lost as well. Be reminded that this is on the console and hard drive that everything was unlocked and saved on to.

So with my disc, the game freezes, with another disc, all data is lost. What should I do to fix my problem.

Thanks a lot

My disk just started acting up the last little bit too, and my file got corrupt and I lost everything about 2 months ago. I did get back to where I was and surpassed it but it was a real piss off.

BTW I'm misirlou away from getting the log, and i've beat Jordan on expert!

well when the game act's up its usually mid song. I just pop the tray open and clean the disk, I do it on the ps2 version though I'm not sure you can on the xbox, ive never opened it with a game inside so far. Mostly because its been broke ass in the mail for a month.

Paint It Black (by The Rolling Stones)

Cherub Rock (by Smashing Pumpkins)

Sabotage (by Beastie Boys)

The Metal (by Tenacious D)

My Name is Jonas (by Weezer)

Knights of Cydonia (by Muse)

Rock And Roll All Nite (as made famous by Kiss)

School’s Out (as made famous by Alice Cooper)

Slow Ride (as made famous by Foghat)

Cult of Personality (by Living Colour)

Barracuda (as made famous by Heart)

Are those the only songs that are going to be on GH3?

Doesn't seem near as much as on GH and GH2 it those are the only ones.

I would love to see the whole song list if this isn't it.