Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

CCM Vector Helmet

Just get nylon spacers at Lowes, I got some for a friend of mine that match the ones Itech ships with HS22 visors. The helmet looks worse in person than in that pic.

Thank you.

Unfortuantely I am no longer in the States for a while. No Lowes here (Ukraine). Not even Home Depots. Will keep checking construction supermarkets here.

a length of PVC pipe that is just wide enough to allow a screw to pass through could be cut to use as a spacer. I'd offer to ship some but a $20 charge to ship a 50 cent item seems wrong.

Koivu was wearing a Vector until recently. I wonder if he got spooked when he went into a terrible scoring slump right after he switched helmets...he's back to his old CCM bucket.

Sadly, still in the slump.

I too prefer the VN to the EPP. I wore the NBH 8500 to start the year, and one of my major complaints of the EPP was how stiff the EPP was where there was no gel inserts. Putting the helmet on would hurt for the first minute or two...I like to keep my helmet pretty tight so that it doesn't pop off and depend on the chin strap to keep it on my noggin.

I switched to a pro stock CCM 892 and couldn't be happier. The VN, after wearing once or twice, is like denser memory foam. It has molded to my forehead, and feels comfortable, while remaining snug. After using it for the last few weeks, I can see why the pros like the VN more with the 892 and the NBH 4000. The other interesting issue that the VN has reduced is the amount of sweat that would trickle down on my shield. With the 8500 and the 5500, I believe the EPP is hydrophobic, and I would have to wipe my shield constantly to get the sweat off my brows and the shield. I have not had that issue at all with the 892. It doesn't feel like the VN absorbs sweat, but I think the way that it is installed in the 892 does not create sweat channels down to the front....seems to go down the sides by the ears.

how sad is it that if they had colored the letters i'd consider buying it... it really looks much better with colored letters

thnks man i thought my work looked horrible

The vents are somewhat different than the original Hefter version (see pic below), but overall it's not a bad looking helmet.

The new CCM logo has to go though, why change that classic logo into something uglier?

vectorcopy.jpg

forgive me for possibly making someone repeat themselves but I just want to clarify: Will the retail version of the Vector helmet have zorbium or has that material been dumped for good?

read the first post in this thread (where I got the quote from and also the original pic used for the photoshop job with the old logo). It's a pro helmet with VN, not EPP.