Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest OSTOR

The Beginning

Then get teased relentlessly from your friends from having quotes of a person on a message board all over your rink. I heard ice melts the fastest where there is paint so probably not a good idea in general.

defintly starting to come along! nice!

we used to put a rink up in our backyard, but we got an inground pool, so that kills and space we had to do that.

Yeah, my dad used to build a rink in my backyard...then one year my mom decided that I was too big to be playing hockey in a residential area when I ripped a snapper off the crossbar, over the house behind ours and through the second-story window of the house behind that one.

My buddy has a big pond in the forest behind his house, so it's not like I don't have a place to play when I'm not at the rink. We haul lights and generators out there and play all day and night until the ice is beat-up so bad it's like playing on blacktop.

Guest OSTOR

I gave it a hot flood about 15 minutes ago,

Hopefully that smooths it out a little bit I will get some more pics up tomorrow.

Guest OSTOR

This is after I hot flooded it I hot flooded half of it last night and half today

I went for a skate on it last night and it was a blast.

Its so nice not having to drive to the rink to go and shoot some pucks around

PC040400.jpg

PC040399.jpg

PC040398-1.jpg

PC040397.jpg

PC040396.jpg

100_0471.jpg

here my backyard rink, not quite ready to skate on yet though

Now thats my dream hockey rink. How long it that take you to make the boards?

the first board took about an hour to make, then after that it was around 15 minutes each. i also had some help from a few friends. every year when i assemble the rink i ask a few friends to come help, in exchange they can come skate at my house when ever they want. It takes about 3-4 hours to put the rink up.

What kind of paint did you use for the ice?

didn't use any paint its just un-frozen ice, its not nearly ready to skate on. it's been quite warm lately in our area, i'm usally skating oustide by now.

100_0471.jpg

here my backyard rink, not quite ready to skate on yet though

Dude...that is freaking awesome. Boards must be so nice, so you can rip shots, and not worry about going to find the pucks in the snow :lol:

As Borat would say, "Very nice!"

And extra cool that you actually have boards and corners!

Do you paint lines as well? What about sponsor logos, concession stands, bleachers and executive suites?

I'm very jelous. In the city of Vancouver we don't have the weather to do that...not that I have a yard either...I guess that would help.

As Borat would say, "Very nice!"

And extra cool that you actually have boards and corners!

Do you paint lines as well? What about sponsor logos, concession stands, bleachers and executive suites?

I'm very jelous. In the city of Vancouver we don't have the weather to do that...not that I have a yard either...I guess that would help.

no lines, no sponsors, no concession stands, no bleachers etc. I'll get some action pics. as soon as its skateable. the rink is pretty sweet, usally as soon as i get home i go out and skate go back inside and eat supper then back outside till about 9p.m or so. some days during the x-mas break i'll be there from 9:00am to 10;00pm.(with a few breaks here and there). During the holidays we orginize big hockey games that last for hours. It's really sweet having a back yard rink.

the rink looks like a dream, but quick question michael, do you layer a sheet of plastic or anything on top of the wood before you add the water? does the wood rot?