Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hockeymom

Almost lost my Christmas spirit

Our wedding present to them was the full christmas day package. We are all staying in the Waldorf Astoria.

We have

Breakfast at the hotel

Mass at St. Patricks Cathedral

Horse & Carriage round Central Park

Dinner at Tavern on the Green

Tickets to the Radio City Music Spectacular

Limo down to the village and then hopefully if the Red Lion is open, should be, spend the night drinking (Red lion is my favorite bar apart from Fagins, but I am not trekking to yonkers for a pint on christmas day)

Awesome itinerary, allsmoke, but you of all people have omitted a very important activity -- ice skating at Rockefeller Center! ;)

Yeah im not feeling it either. Since i went from the "browner" to like barely passing academic classes. IM kinda stressed out with the homework and the like. But yeah im excited for Christmas break.... think about it. 14/15 year olds with no parents for most of the break.... and most likely at least 3 people are going to have parents on vacation, one more bonus....... SICK :D

I can't seem to get into the spirit either, and there's about 12 days left (only ~2 hours left in the day for me), but I'm not with the family that I'm going to be around during the break, so maybe I'll get into it on Christmas Eve. The bad thing about going on vaca is that I'm going to end up missing a game and 3-4 practices, and I don't think I'm going to be able to go to a rink either :angry:

I'm the only skater in the group, there is one ice rink in ireland, at least there was before I moved here

Hey, I'd bet that two-thirds of the people skating during the holiday season are novices.

I'm the only skater in the group, there is one ice rink in ireland, at least there was before I moved here

Hey, I'd bet that two-thirds of the people skating during the holiday season are novices.

When we were there it was at LEAST 2/3rds... what fun that is with the huge Christmas trees and decorations. I believe you can rent skates there (we brought ours so I am not certain)

LOL, I have seen it last sunday on CBC. I like it too. And yes it puts me in the christmas spirit too.

My christmas spirit comes as soon as I see National Lampoon's Christmas vacation for the first time of the year. Then I see it about 4 more times in both french and english. Right after that the WJHC starts so I'm as happy as a kid especially if Canada wins.

im almost in the spirit or whatever you want to call it. have 4 more midterm exams(2 tommorow, 2 monday) two hockey games this sunday (away so i have to study on ethe way back), but we already put up the tree and everything(were rockin the fake tree). a few days after christmas we have a christmas tournament somewhere near Philly in Pennsylvania, so thats gonna be awesome.

I hate Christmas

Being on the fire dpeartment with only 3 years under my belt i'm obliged to work withwr christmas eve, or day, 24 hours (and inevitabily new years eve) so i havent been to family christmas in 3 years or so, christmas used to be about cheer and family, but now its a mall season that begins on halloween and ends on new years. not long from now, Easter will be followed immediately by christmas. like MTV, Commerce ruins everything

It usually takes me awhile into December before i finally get into the Christmas spirit. Like noted before, i love watching National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation and love it. Must of seen it 100 times or more. Other then that as soon as Christmas break starts from school, then i'm usually in the spirit. But what i really love is watching Team Canada on Boxing Day. Opening game i always get chills. Then every other game i don't miss.

Guest OSTOR

So who likes me new avatar?

Shows my Christmas spirit pretty well don't you think?

More excited about... ...banging the gf.

Amen! Between exams and an OB/GYN appointment it's been like a week for me, I'm going stircrazy.

One of the big problems im having this year is the fact that there is STILL no snow. living in MN im used to having a solid foot by now... and it hasnt snowed here in over 3 weeks (in which nothing stuck around any ways.) With no snow, its hard for me to get in the spirit.

Right now I've pretty much got no Christmas spirit going in me. Funny how final exams will do that to ya.

I've got a Macroeconomics exam tomorrow at 2:30. I'm nervous because I'm unprepared but not much can change my grade in the class.

Wednesday I have two exams. Understanding Human Differences which will be a piece of cake and the all important Calc 3 exam. How I do on the Calc 3 exam pretty much determines if I will be taking the class over again or not.

Somewhere in there I also have to finish 5 lab reports for my Physics lab.

So any thoughts of Christmas just get me kind of depressed because to get to Christmas I have to go through all that. Oh well, Dec. 20th at 3:30 I'll be going all out for Christmas.

Funny thing Rogue, I'm still up marking final exams and reports. I'm at the point now where I'm almost looking at it as piece-work... how many hours is it going to take me to finish grading how many pieces. My grades go in December 20... and then I can really think about Christmas.

It is the flip side of the coin... but we're in the same boat...LOL

Sat outside the rink tonight until game time marking exams. Just finished them now. And now I am trying to decide whether I start something else, or go get a few hours sleep and start again early.

Eh, it isn't a complaint; it is a seasonal reality in the education business. This is the best gig in the world and I love my job and the people I work with (students). It just is a bit STRETCHED this time of year, isn't it?? LOL Ground down to a wee nub of humanity...HO HO HO

BTW... The tree has been up for 5 days now ... we haven't started decorating it.

I gained some of mine back at friggin' Eragon of all places. Got run-down at the mall and said I'd separate from my herd so I could shop without giving away what I was getting. Got a ticket to this turd and had a nice 1.5-2hr nap.