Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tyler33

Info/Help...Graf G series.

I think I am going to be getting a new pair of skates soon, and the Graf G3 are at the top of my list. Yes I know try skates on, and thats what I will be doing soon. But could someone that has seen them or had or have them tell me how they like them and such? I am kind of looking for a review on them. Whats holding me back from buying them is I heard that there put together badley, and that there made of teclite mainly, so there most likley pretty damn stiff and would hurt my feet, and would be a bitch to break in. Also there new so all the bugs might not be worked out. If anyone can help me out, I would appreciate it a lot. I would ask my LHS about all this, but there not all that smart there, haha. Thanks.

The ones at the show looked rushed. Not the quality I've come to expect from Graf. That's the best I can do.

The ones at the show looked rushed. Not the quality I've come to expect from Graf. That's the best I can do.

alright, when i go to my LHS, I'll look at them. I hope that graf didn't rush them for the stores too. Do you think maybe they rushed them to have them at the show for people to see them and see what they look like?

I've said this a bunch of times on this board, but i have no problem whatsoever with my skates. There aren't any significant manufacturing problems, but the blades did come a little off line (I replaced them anyways). Probably my favorite aspect is the softness and comfort of the liner. They're lightweight and perform very well. (This is in comparason to every Easton skate I've worn)

I've seen the whole G line at my LHS and they look very well made. If I were a Graf guy, I would give it a go. I'd say you've got the green light on this one.

I've seen two kids in the area that had them, they both had problems and already have other skates and are out the cash they spent on the G's.

They weren't very forthcoming with information. "They sucked" and "junk" was about all I could get out of them. As a ref you don't want to spend too much time talking to any player before a game.

it was either the G5 or the G3s that we found the poly mounted wrong. out of the.... id say 15 pairs we found at least 3 of them to be bent. i THINK it was the G5 though.

alright, when i go to my LHS, I'll look at them. I hope that graf didn't rush them for the stores too. Do you think maybe they rushed them to have them at the show for people to see them and see what they look like?

we have G5's in 7,8,9 and 10 at the shop, if you feel like taking a roadie into town

At least you have a shop to review them at, I cant find a place in Florida that carries them.

Norm at Beaudin's Hockey Zone in Ellenton was going to get them in at one time. Not sure if he ever did, but it might be worth the call.

I had the G3 on the other day. It really is an amazing skate. No pain in my troublesome ankle bones right out of the box, which was extremely appealing. First skate that I didnt have any discomfort in.

If I didn't just get Custom Vapor XXs I would have bought the G3s and put Lightspeeds on them.