Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

oggy_3

teammates being a wussy

Alrite tonite in practice all the wingers did 1-1's battling for the puck in one zone, centers just practiced face offs with the head coach and the D just did transitional things. alrite im a winger (X- Defencemen) and im the power forward type and when we were doing 1-1's i was paired up with our 3rd top scorer and he was going around me and i eventually read him and knew that he was gona go down the boards and then try to lose me by turning up the boards at the last second. i guessed right and and dropped him. i went for the puck and he Crosschecks me in the neck, didn't bother me and then i kept going with the puck to the net and he two hands me on the back of the legs and i go to the net drag and score topshelf(lucky for me, usually does not happen). anyways after i go back to line he's flippnig out saying you shouldnt hit your own teammate in practice. which i dont belive in cuz you practice how you play and i belive in going all out untill it comes near playoff/provincial time. Learned it in football and with past hockey teams. anways i am wondering how should i have reacted to that,what do you guys/gals think, should i have just turned around and smashed his face in or did what i did and laughed at him, or should i confront him next practice and ask him if he has a problem with me and we could fix it out on the ice. oh yeah also the head coach did not see it he was with the centers only the assistant coach saw it and jsut asked me what that was all about. and one more thing i have had confrintations with the same player last year he slashed me and i took a run at him and i ended up getting yelled at by the coach so one of the reason for no reall reactions. alrite thanks for any of your advice.

oggy_3

Do your coaches want you hitting each other in practice, or do they want you taking it easy on each other ? It's either one or the other, but the two of you should have figured out what the team policy on this is by now.

Our players love to hit each other and we encourage it. Like you said, practice like you play.

I just wish I could get them to hit during games like they do in practice.

I don't care who you are, you crosscheck me in the neck, I will punch you in your mouth.

I have a relatively short temper anyway, and hold the record back from my football (soccer) team back home, for getting sent of in 18 seconds

the coachs do want us to go hard and he said if you we don't have any intensity in practice he said we won't be playing when it comes down to the wire.

I agree with Nuggy. The tone and intensity of your practices should have been laid out by your coaches and captain long ago. Ask them.

If you're playing regular (contact) hockey, then you should be practicing full contact as well...that doesn't mean headhunting your own teammates or trying to take them out, but you should still be throwing the body like you normally would, and your teammates should learn how to take the check as in a game situation.

That guy's an asshole, I would have kicked his ass right after the cross check to the neck.

Hitting teammates is one thing, running them is another. While you should practice hard, injuring a teammate in practice is never a good way to get noticed.

if he does it again,locker box him. in our practices last year people faught a few times over dirty hits in scrimmages and they sttled it in the locker room.

does your coach want you all to hit eachother in pracitces?

Hitting teammates is one thing, running them is another. While you should practice hard, injuring a teammate in practice is never a good way to get noticed.

Nicely put. I kid on my team broke another guys ankle earlier in the season. He has a username on here too, he'll probally read it, laugh then say somethin.

But yea if you hurt your own teammates in practice you'll get labeled and it wont be a good one.

Oggy,

I think you took the high road. The bottom line is you bruised his ego. I had a buddy of mine hit me (clean) when I was cutting through the middle with my head down. When I got up guess what he said..."keep your head up." Lesson learned.

I know he could have cleaned my clock if he wanted to but he didn't.

Maybe the situation could have been the same for you...I defintely learned to keep my head up. I also learned to stop watching Lindros highlights. : )

locker box.

One time at practice some kid 2-handed a teamate in the face. lcoker box, problem solved.

As for hitting in practice, were a pretty tight team, so we hit for bragging rights. its pretty fun.

whether practice or pickup, there's bound to be some form of contact, even in non contact inline... floored a guy the other day during pickup, unintentionally of course. we just got up, made sure each other was ok, and continued.

i think the guy on your team needs to get his clocked cleaned... only way for him to understand that training prepares you for the rigors of the game... no point training if you cannot simulate game situations.

locker box.

One time at practice some kid 2-handed a teamate in the face. lcoker box, problem solved.

As for hitting in practice, were a pretty tight team, so we hit for bragging rights. its pretty fun.

O Yea!! ;)

Great way to break your helmet.

If he's like half your size which in your situation maybe will since your a power forward and all, then i would hold back if not do what everyone else said.

You know, someone said this already I think, you bruised poor "skaterboy"'s ego by dropping him...You, former d-man now power forward are not supposed to be able catch up to much less lay out "skaterboy" so you dented his image of himself. If he really is a player he'll learn the lesson and not get dropped in a game and be better for it. As far you are concerned there is no better place to prove your worth than with the skates..which you did. IMO its over and done with, you look like a player he looks like a chump...end of story