Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dwaligor

Mission s400's vs Bauer Vapor XV

I'm looking at buying new skates. I have tried on both of these skates and they both fit very well. It now comes down to a question of durability. Does anybody have any insight or personal experience with the durability of these skates?

Thanks.

From what I've seen, the Missions should be much more durable than the Vapors, especially if you're tough on skates. Vapors are built to be light, but the durability often suffers. Missions, according to everyone I've talked to who uses them, are pretty rugged.

I'm looking at buying new skates. I have tried on both of these skates and they both fit very well. It now comes down to a question of durability. Does anybody have any insight or personal experience with the durability of these skates?

Thanks.

I've had my XV's for over a year now and they almost look brand new. They're not as stiff as they were when I first got them but IMO that's a good thing.

My XX's look like they got hit by a truck after 7 months of skating, and im one of those people that takes really good care of their equipment. I'd say my nike shox are stiffer than them right now.

edit - that is from skating in them 6 times a week.

I'm looking at buying new skates.  I have tried on both of these skates and they both fit very well.  It now comes down to a question of durability.  Does anybody have any insight or personal experience with the durability of these skates?

Thanks.

That really isn't a question that we can answer...at least for the mission skates. They really havent been out long enough to comment on their durablity. Unless you're welling to take comments on last years skates...which are different.

As for the Vapor's, based on what i've seen...and ive seen a lot of them. They have about a years worth of life in them.....assuming you play 3-5 times a week.... obviously the life of the skate depends on how often they are used, how hard you are on them, and often times how well you take care of them (of the ice).

Chadd said his S500s were holding up well when I asked about them.

Skates are excellent but I had a minor problem that is being resolved.

Chadd said his S500s were holding up well when I asked about them.

Skates are excellent but I had a minor problem that is being resolved.

Is it the holder? Didn't JR also have problems with it in the beginning?

little rip in the nylon at the base of the tendon guard. The integrity of the skate is fine.

i know this may not be that relevant to the topic, but i figured it wasn't worht starting a new topic. which would u consider to be more durable, any of the 700 grafs, or the s500s in terms of boot stiffness

The Mission skates aren't as stiff as the XV in the ankles, they are a very different skate. Since the Missions only came out a couple of months ago, you're going to have a hard time comparing them to skates that have been around more than a year.