Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ryan

What do you wear or not wear?

What do you wear on your upper body under shoulder pads?  

98 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I might be the only one in Texas that doesnt wear anything under my shoulder pads. On my last 2 teams I have been the only one. Everyone else likes to wear Under Armor.

Right now I'm wearing Nike Dri-Fit long sleve shirts, no socks and boxer-briefs under the jock.

I was thinking about getting UA but I have a few questions about it; maybe you guys can answer them. What is the difference between Heat, Turf and Cold gear shirts? Also what is the difference between the compression and loose fit shirts? Thanks in advance guys.

Wow, just think about the names for a second...

Heat gear-worn in hot weather, therefore theres less materials used. Thinner

cold gear-worn in cold weather. Has more material, and a weird liner that feels scratchy to me

Compression is tight fighting, which some people dont like. I myself dont like it, but i wear it sometimes. I find the loose fit is much more comfortable, and it doesnt "roll" up my stomach.

What is the difference between Heat, Turf and Cold gear shirts? Also what is the difference between the compression and loose fit shirts? Thanks in advance guys.

Heat is tight-fitting and helps you keep a bit cooler (sometimes a bit too cool).

Turf is heat but with long sleeves.

Cold is just as described above.

OxySox calf length socks

...Wigwams, dont lie in front of the kids :P

I wear the Nike Dri Fit with the wrist guards, incredible stuff. If im playing in a really hot rink, il wear the short sleeve nike comporession shirt.

Is that the shirt that Naslund modeled on the back of THN for a while? That shirt looks awesome. I didn't even know they were out yet.

Reebok NFL Equipment Compression short, Puck Skin bottoms, Nike Compression Shirt (without the wrist guards, but those patches on the elbows are a good idea), UA socks.

Which UA would be better suited for winter ice hockey? Cold Gear or Loose Gear?

Loose, heat, or turf.. I think cold gear would be too hot with all the equipment. I would wear cold gear at an outdoor rink when it's about 0 degrees, sweat on our jerseys freeze, lol.

But I guess it's personal preference? I wear sleeveless, sleeves, long sleeved, no difference for me...(at a indoor rink)

Edit: About the tight shirts "rolling" up, I tuck it into my cup strap.

I get cold out there myself - last week I left one of my ColdGear shirts at home and had to wear a WSI one...freezing! Too much of that Caribbean blood in me...

Guest 2048
Which UA would be better suited for winter ice hockey? Cold Gear or Loose Gear?

Loose, heat, or turf.. I think cold gear would be too hot with all the equipment. I would wear cold gear at an outdoor rink when it's about 0 degrees, sweat on our jerseys freeze, lol.

But I guess it's personal preference? I wear sleeveless, sleeves, long sleeved, no difference for me...(at a indoor rink)

Edit: About the tight shirts "rolling" up, I tuck it into my cup strap.

I actually used my heatgear one in the outdoor league I played in this winter. It was 0ºF or close to it a few times (and windy), but I'd always rather be cold than hot when I'm playing a sport.

bare chest. cant beat that feeling when u first step on the ice and all the cold air going through your jersey and giving you the shivers. haha.