Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ljbaron

Rolex

If you could buy a Rolex what would you buy?

Gold

Stainless Steel

White gold

I know most of you are going to say you would never buy one but i'am just wondering if you could/did which metal you would choose.

I think I would go with stainless steel for everyday and gold for special occasions.

pics of the ones you're considering?

probably gold, i think it'd go well with my skin tone

I would buy it off of the Chinese guy on the street!!

Great deal only like 10 bucks!!! :lol:

hehe

I need to get off the computer!!

pics of the ones you're considering?

probably gold, i think it'd go well with my skin tone

I would buy it off of the Chinese guy on the street!!

Great deal only like 10 bucks!!! :lol:

hehe

I need to get off the computer!!

He's asking about a Rolex.....Not a Rollecks :D

Vapor is right, it matters alot. I own a datejust with a white gold bezel and diamonds on the dial....and its pretty sweet, but not many people notice it, but if you want looks, nothing will get you more looks than a solid gold president. The solid yellow gold will at least have people looking to see if its real gold or not.

If it were me personally selecting though, probably would be a white gold Daytona with the black dial. Maybe a platnium president with diamonds on the dial like my datejust...but those are two different watches.

Zach

The presidential is a great watch. If you want people to REALLY notice you, screw Rolex, go with Jacob... and wear it with sweatpants Staten Island Style.

I really hate the look of gold jewelry. It's harder to have look good with a dark suit and unless you're wearing gold rings and chains, it looks out of place, in my opinion.

I'd go stainless, but I'm an engineer. I can't tell between polished stainless and white gold, and the steel will resist scratching and won't tarnish like the gold, and will be easier to use cleaners on.

My wedding ring (if/when I get married) will probably be silver in color (Ti, white gold, stainless, sterling silver). I just don't like yellow gold.

I would just draw a picture of one on my wrist. Then it's whatever colour marker I feel like using that day.

Wity.

Omega Seamaster 300m, steel w/blue face. If it's good enough for Bond, it's good enough for you. If you have to get a Rolex, a Daytona is the way to go. But good luck getting your hands on one, they're for high rollers only...

This is my next choice.

http://www.authenticwatches.com/breitling-...35611-a619.html

I have now have this. Only mine is 2 tone, Stainless $ gold (Same colors as the Breitling. I just like the Breitling better.

http://cgi.ebay.com/OMEGA-SEAMASTER-PROFES...1QQcmdZViewItem

Sorry, but Rolex sucks. Feels cheap, and is not as good, just over priced due to name recognition.

Tags are better watches than Rolex.

Sorry, but Rolex sucks. Feels cheap, and is not as good, just over priced due to name recognition.

Tags are better watches than Rolex.

I couldn't agree with you more. There is too much competition out there and honestly, I would rather buy another brand for the same price.

Rolex has the grandpa connotation to it.

if you really want to impress someone who knows something about watches, you can always get a breguet or a jaeger lecoultre. find a watch with a tourbillion and it will run you anywhere from 30 to 300 grand. rolex has its niche in watchmaking, but they're not exactly as great as their reputation. in that price range, i would recommend another brand because you wont get quite the mark-up for the name.

A Rolex watch is a status piece, just as a ferrari is a status car. There are stock 70,000 dollar cars that can rip up a ferrari at 2-4x the price. But at the end of the day, you are driving home in a ferrari.

Looks nice in the stock photo. I never would trust a stock photo though. Every watch I have ever purchased was from a trusted jewelry shop.

Looks nice in the stock photo. I never would trust a stock photo though. Every watch I have ever purchased was from a trusted jewelry shop.

Yes anything I purchase is from a Jewelry shop, I was just referring to the picture.

Congrats. It is a fantastic watch. It is very understated, which is a good thing (to some people) if you want to wear it every day. Rolex's construction (as opposed to some of the above posts) is excellant. Anybody who has handeled any GENUINE Rolex before knows that they are solid pieces of craftsmanship.

A Rolex watch is a status piece, just as a ferrari is a status car. There are stock 70,000 dollar cars that can rip up a ferrari at 2-4x the price. But at the end of the day, you are driving home in a ferrari.

That's the problem. Rolex is not a Ferrari, it's a lincoln. (Over priced pos.)

A Concord is a Lexus

http://www.jomashop.com/0308968.html

A Raymond weil is a BMW

BTW, this is my wifes watch.

http://www.lussori.com/Raymond-Weil-Othell...Bezel-4518.html

There are to many great watch makers to make a fair analogy, but Rolex does not make the top 20.

However, a ferrari for example might be a Patek Philippe.

http://www.jomashop.com/patek-3940p.html

Rolex is what those that don't know by to look impressive. But those that come from real money won't touch them. Breitling is my fav.