Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ljbaron

Rolex

the point is that ferraris are really not that well made and really do not preform up to their pricetag. They are overpriced, and are status cars. It is a perfect anaology.

Rolex is what those that don't know by to look impressive. But those that come from real money won't touch them. Breitling is my fav.

Yeah those platinum Rolexes people wear are just pure crap eh?

It's ok if you have your own preference but knocking an obviously top brand doesn't make your watch any better.

Speaking of which, I wear the Sea Dweller... :P

the point is that ferraris are really not that well made and really do not preform up to their pricetag. They are overpriced, and are status cars. It is a perfect anaology.

uuh!? What? :huh:

You believe they preform up to their pricetag and are not overpriced? I owned a car made by Ferrari (It was a Maserati Coupe, Maserati was owned by Ferrari at the time, nd they used the sme 4.2L V8 engine that was in the 360), and I will stand by the statement.

Rolex is what those that don't know by to look impressive. But those that come from real money won't touch them. Breitling is my fav.

Yeah those platinum Rolexes people wear are just pure crap eh?

It's ok if you have your own preference but knocking an obviously top brand doesn't make your watch any better.

Speaking of which, I wear the Sea Dweller... :P

Yes, they are pure crap. The platinum is worth 10X the time piece. My personal preference has nothing to do with it. That's why I said I prefer the Breitling. Not in the top ten rated time pieces, but much better than any Rolex. Just because the Lincoln Navigator has shiney wheels doesn't make it an engineering master piece. Lincolns being poor quality cars is not personal preference. Lexus having high quality ratings again has nothing to do with my preferance. Rolex in the watch industry is know as low quality, over priced trend pieces, for the uneducated. Tags timepieces are rated higher...

people were comparing watches to cars like ferraris... i'm just saying there is a whole group of watches that is above and beyond what most people consider expensive watches. breguet and jaeger-lacoultre are ferraris and lambros... a rolex is about 5 series bmw at best. that was my point.

also, those watches also don't compare to million dollar cellphones because their value does not come from 100's of diamonds or platinum, it comes from the craftsmanship, much like a luxury car. look again at the watches i posted, there's not a diamond on either one of those timepieces. You can't really compare those to a platinum rolex with 20 carats of diamonds. watches are something that i've always been interested in so forgive me if i sound obsessed.

Snake, how long do each of those take to create? I'm assuming a few years, but I don't know. And for that price to they have some sort of year guarentee? Like 250-300 years or anything?

Breguet can make at most 20 of the watch i pictured in one year. They make more watches with tourbillons, the complicated movement that makes them so expensive, than any other company. They have 16 watches with them and make about 1000 a year, or more than every other brand combined. Breguet is owned and operated by The Swatch Group, so they operate on a larger scale whereas most smaller companies have one or two people who design and make their complicated watches. Most other watches with these movements are made in very limited quantities, about 25 or so, and then discontinued. As for guaruntees, i certainly am not rich or lucky enough to own a watch like this, but i believe that most all come with lifetime guaruntees.

Thats the Daytona....awesome looking watch.

Anyways...

Where to start on this all.....

First of all, comparing a Rolex to the highest echelon of watches (Vacheron, Patek, A. Lange) isnt very fair for Rolex, they dont cost as much as those watches.

With that said, much like what Vapor said about driving a Ferrari home at the end of the day, with a rolex you are getting more than a watch. If you had two men lined up, one with just a Datejust, and one with an IWC, that average person 100% of the time would say "WOW! You have a rolex?" , the same cant be said about an IWC or some of the other quality (but not common) brands. Most people in society know Rolex as the king of watches, they dont know there is a next step. When you buy a Rolex, you are paying a premium for the name, just as you would say for a Lamborghini, but that does not mean youre not getting a quality watch.

While I think Rolex's are awesome, they are not to be confused with a special occassion watch. You buy a Rolex to wear it, when you send it in to the RSC, they make it look like new again, and you follow the cycle.

My thoughts,

Zach

There are guys who seriously pay this much attention to crap like this? I'm selling my Omegs and TAGs STAT.

This is perty

tagku1.th.jpg

That IS nice. I have always been a fan of Tags. From what I have seen, rolex has always had the ritzy styling. Whoever designs for Tag have very good taste.