Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dangles919

Warrior Kronik

Well, i'm a loser. If I purchased this stick, i'd be a loser with an angry wife because I wasted $230 on a stick.

Honestly, i'm thinking about buying the Mission Fury when it comes out. I can get a nice deal because my friend signed up for that Direct Buy program, and you can purchase Mission/Itech gear at a significant savings (we already priced some of the stuff).

Dave

Fuel?

And what Direct Buy program? Is he a store employee?

If you think that those prices were good, you should've seen Mission before they changed it to the current one.

Well, since everyone is releasing a $230 stick, i guess it is price fixing on what the new high price point will be!

I like Warriors strategy. My wife, turning 31 in 5 days even thought that teh stick being available on 4.20 would be funny.

It's not all toilet humor either. The idea of duck hunting wiht a hockey stick is pretty funny to me for some reason.

Possibly a two pack for $420 USD?

In AZ. it sells for $259.00 with grip $249.00 without. Again $150 for the shaft. $100 for the blade. Give me a break.

Well, i'm a loser. If I purchased this stick, i'd be a loser with an angry wife because I wasted $230 on a stick.

Honestly, i'm thinking about buying the Mission Fury when it comes out. I can get a nice deal because my friend signed up for that Direct Buy program, and you can purchase Mission/Itech gear at a significant savings (we already priced some of the stuff).

Dave

Sounds like a very expensive 'club' to join.

Direct Buy review

It is expensive, but he's going to remodel his kitchen and he will save quite a few nickels by signing up/buying from Direct Buy. Personally, I don't think i'd sign up with them. I'm usually anti-informercial.

Dave

Dave

Fuel?

If you think that those prices were good, you should've seen Mission before they changed it to the current one.

Maybe I have the name wrong of the new Mission one-piece that's going to come out.

fyi- the Mission Intake helmet can be had for $60 from that Direct Buy company.

It's a good price, but they're making money off of it, believe me.

Yeah, it's the Fuel.

I had the guy who ran the local direct buy call the office to check on their price every time he saw something in the store that he liked. One of the parents was a member and started hooking up other families at barely above wholesale prices. There is absolutely no reason for a "major" hockey company to be involved with direct to customer sales.

Apparently hockey monkey has the kroniks in and ready to ship? Great skate says May delivery so I don't know what the monkey is up to. But hey if you can't wait, here's the opportunity I guess

Maybe they bumped up the release date?

Apparently hockey monkey has the kroniks in and ready to ship? Great skate says May delivery so I don't know what the monkey is up to. But hey if you can't wait, here's the opportunity I guess

Maybe they bumped up the release date?

Just came from the hockey monkey store in Santa Ana, CA. They have the Kroniks in. Huge rip off. Save your money and buy the dolomite if you have to have a Warrior stick.

Why are all of the new Warrior sticks different prices from the '06 models?

The clear Mac Daddy '07 is $190 and the clear '06 is $180. It seems they are charging $10 more for '07 models.

It's a good price, but they're making money off of it, believe me.

Yeah, it's the Fuel.

I had the guy who ran the local direct buy call the office to check on their price every time he saw something in the store that he liked. One of the parents was a member and started hooking up other families at barely above wholesale prices. There is absolutely no reason for a "major" hockey company to be involved with direct to customer sales.

Wow, that's total BS. That's completely unfair to every dealer in the country.

I was just looking through ripoff reports etc, they don't seem to have a very good reputation. Seems shady.

The clear Mac Daddy '07 is $190 and the clear '06 is $180. It seems they are charging $10 more for '07 models.

i noticed this too and think its completely retarded

Wow. Warrior continues with it's hype and having "coolest" the coolest gear crap.

I like my mac daddy. Well balanced and great feel for the puck. Although I'm still glad I only bought it for $100 in Ebay.

I've noticed with most OPS the differences are marginal. At least with the major brands not price point OPS. Don't see the need to pay $250 for a stick.

Some guy's I know around here got "pro stock" sticks from Bauer, lenght grip flex, but they choose their "own" curve from a catalog. There is alot of different curves compared to retail, but they still have to use on of the listed ones.

How good do you have to be to get your own curve with the major brands, D1 hockey CHl, WHL, QMHL even good enough?

Or do you have to reach the AHL level before you can get your very own curve?

And what about europeans? The level of the Swedish Elite League is very high (between AHL and NHL) and yet I think most of the players use standard curves or something offered in a pro selection?

Doubt that many players over here get their very own curve made from one of the big manufactors?

Yes it would be nice to know. 3 ore 4 years back an old teammate of mine had some problems with NBH about his sticks. He playes in the best danish league and on the danish national team.We play in the A-pool at the World Championships. At the time NBH was the team sponsor and they would´t make a stick with the curve he uses. Then he got CCM to make the stick fore him.

they feel they need to make more money, which IMO is total BS, so they just bumb up the price little by little until the next-generation top-of-the-line stick is somewhere near 300USD

Ever hear of inflation? Higher oil prices, higher transportation prices, higher material prices, etc, etc. And if the stick is made outside the US which it probably is, then the weakening US dollar doesn't help either.

An extra $10 on $180 is 5.5% which isn't all that bad - not too far from what the REAL inflation is running at (not the one the government reports from that fairlyland they live in where no one needs food and energy! :P )

Ever hear of inflation? Higher oil prices, higher transportation prices, higher material prices, etc, etc. And if the stick is made outside the US which it probably is, then the weakening US dollar doesn't help either.

An extra $10 on $180 is 5.5% which isn't all that bad - not too far from what the REAL inflation is running at (not the one the government reports from that fairlyland they live in where no one needs food and energy! :P )

haha good answer. The sticks are made in mexico.

Warrior is a smart company. Not a lot of people are going to realize that the '06s and '07s are the same stick with the exception of Warrior changing the color and adding a nipple grip.