Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dan_The_Man_16

Favourite Sport BESIDES Hockey?

Love to play full contact football with friends, it's crazy every Sunday for 2 hours and every week a different kid goes to the ER. Last month I broke my best friends ankle and arm on a sack. It's crazy but so much fun. No pads or refs just 14-24 guys going full contact.

As for watching whats better than Curling?

I played baseball for close to 7 seasons, then realized I hated it. I played football for 4 years and continue to play for fun and I am hugely into fantasy football and just following football in general. I also really like to watch lacrosse and hope I get a chance to play it someday.

I like chess and I also enjoy hobbies such as staying indoors and practising my safety drill I made up for bee stings. :rolleyes:

Just kidding

Play: baseball/softball

Watch: baseball and football

Soccer and skateboarding. Its real close between soccer and hockey for my fav sport. Skateboardings more of a hobbie, not something I take too seriously, just something I do to chill and relieve stress.

I didn't bother reading this whole thread but I just did and it seems some folks want to learn to play texas hold'em. I have been playing on a weekly basis for about 6 years now and I will tell you that the best book for beginners would be Phil Hellmuth's book, Play Poker like the Pros. Its one of the best bood for beginners because it helps you know what hands to play, easy tells, and all sorts of other good info. For the novice and more advanced players there are even sections for you.

If you have been playing a while and want to get alot better, Super System by Doyle Brusnon is AWESOME. Highly recommended, and if you play enough, all the money you will win will certainly pay off the 40 dollar book. Great charts, stats, and stories. Best poker book for advanced players I have ever read.

For anyone who plays any poker games I have my other favorite book by Mike Caro. Caro's Book of Poker tells is amazing. So many things to pick up on and its ordered really well. I hope this helps some of you, and good luck winning some money and havin fun.

Sorry this is long, I just like to ramble about poker :)

Guest phillyfan

According to ESPN, surfing, as well as Scrabble or sports. ;)

Beach volleyball, and not the Xbox-DOA kind. Fun in the sun, and the bikinis add extra insentive. Indoors isn't bad either, but sand is so much softer to land on. Also inline skating in the summer for conditioning. I need to pick up another winter activity to help with the conditioning though.

According to ESPN, surfing, as well as Scrabble or sports. ;)

Chess club is apparently a sport at our school. It was the first thing I learned all day.