Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sid

Is it just me

I think this dad you're talking about just reinforces my belief that some old-school hockey dads just don't know their equipment and pass their lack of knoweldge down to their kids. The big chain stores sure aren't going to help matters either being as uninformed as most of them are. Praise the LHSes --er, the good ones! I had a junior Koho wood stick w/solid fibreglass blade from when I was about 8 or 9 yrs. old (still have it fully intact!) and it was a nice small mid curve, right grip size and everything. Coming from a straight-bladed Vic stick, the small Koho curve seemed awesome at the time. :D

Chain stores are a absoulte tragedy, those commission hungry employees and their retarded managemnet is trying to limit their buyers to: Shannahan and Lidstrom curves and completely ignore what is right for the population, i bet the majority of their customers would get a way better shot with something under 100 flex, all sportcheck has is 110 UL :huh: , 100 flex synergy and then its 50 flex z-bubbles but then you get places like united that over price everything. :( Its tough saving money and playing hockey.

I do agree, ppl tend to blame their equipment for their flaws, just because u cant naturally toe drag doesnt mean getting a bananna curve will make u a good toe dragger.

Agreed, Sportchek=mess. I was browsing one time, and some employee comes up to me, and says "hey, check out the Shanahan curves". I looked on the rack, and that's all that was there! That store's a mess.

Speaking of curves, I started on a wood stick that was left handed. Too bad I shot right (my parents got it for me for christmas as a surprise :blink: ). Not a good combination, but it forced me to go backhand (a lot). Then the blade broke, and I shoved a plastic blade in it. You know, the ones you get at Canadian Tire for like a buck a piece, and you have to re-curve it everytime you want to play. I'm kinda lazy, so I just left it straight. And now I appreciate any curve. I have 3 sticks, one with each type of curve (1 koho poti, 1 NEW daze :D , 1 Nash), and I don't really see a difference the curve makes to how I stickhandle. In fact, I find the heel curve's underrated for stickhandling. It's those damn "bladechooser" things/people that tell you what blade to choose if you're a certain type of player. Kids use huge curves because they want results now, not after practice.

Off topic, but this is about curves...... I was wondering if they changed the shanahan curve because a got an abs blade for roller and it's a big mid curve unlike any easton curve I've seen before.

If I'm not mistaken we have a Sportchek employee here on MSH. Chadd and I met him when we were in Toronto. Funny story, sorta bragged he read the EMB...and we were like "Ever read CoreBeam?" He said yes, and we were like "We run it." LOL

It was funny how many people knew about us up there, at the expo and in some of the shops.

I had an extrememly brief stint there. I dislike Commision, plus they have struggled (at least at my store) to sell any of their sports equipment regularly. Not too many people walk into a mall and say I'll drop $350 on skates or whatever when they know a store which specalizes in hockey or just sports isn't far away.