Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sid

Is it just me

I have noticed curves getting bigger and crazier. I once had and old yzerman louisville and was a really nice curve very neutral but now the new one are hugh curves. I find it really hard to find a neutral curve modano is close but I hate heel curves. I got a F4 roberts and it is nice. I also have a old Hespeler killer blade great profile. I like a mid curve but find the sakic a bit much. I kinda like toe curves but the shanny has too much rocker and high lie. The other thing is finding the right curve that is popular so you can buy another one cause it might be discontinued!

Sorry bout the rant!

Its not you, but the general consensus is that bigger curves help with velocity, and most people aren't willing to risk trying something new. I for one cant stand big curves, anything over 1/2 is a joke.

Hey sid if you like mid curves and the sakic is too much, try the iginla. I use it and like it a lot, its inbetween the sakic and modo.

there are some great pro stocks out there with slight curves, only problem is its a scavenger hunt, you're always changing patterns, and they don't have warrantys (OPS)

Its not you, but the general consensus is that bigger curves help with velocity, and most people aren't willing to risk trying something new. I for one cant stand big curves, anything over 1/2 is a joke.

Actually, the best velocity I've had has been with smaller curves.

A bigger curve should really only help with getting the puck up a little more. I dont see how a bigger curve could make the velocity of your shot increase.

Same with me chadd, but the "average consumer" aka the uneducated one thinks a bigger curve will help.

We should dispel those myths, not support them. :D

The bigger chain stores in Canada (SportChek) order alot of Shanahan in whatever blade/stick, then some Modanos and Lidstroms. I would have figured when Easton introduced the Iginla that stores would be all over that since it's a pretty nice all-around pattern, but no. Alot of the older beer league guys I play with (mid to late 30's and older) have played with big curves most their lives so I can maybe understand if they don't want to change. Not sure if the retailers are reacting to consumers or vice versa that's causing the big curves to sell well.

I'd say it's the kids. They buy the big curves because it helps them shoot the puck higher and it's what all their friends use and it has their favorite players name on it etc. etc. etc.

I don't mind bigger curves, I just dislike a lot of the patterns on the market. With every company having the same patterns and different names, it sucks if you don't like one of the half dozen out there. I use big heel curves, like what Mack uses. I don't blame the big companies for not making them retail, but it definitely stops me from buying sticks if I can't get it in a Drury/Morrow/Tucker type curve. Thats the only thing thats stopping me from buying a L-2.

Kosy, whats stopping you from buying an L-2? Just throw a morrow r2 in one and your set.

He's going "vapor" on us, he doesn't like the red/yellow combo.

:D

Best thing about the L-2 is the two blades you get with it. And Chadd is right, yellow/red is a hockey faux paux.

Chris- did that with my toy drive Syn. grip/blade.

The red and yellow will create a nice strawberry banana effect.

But god, a kid i play with uses a RLxn10 with a si core z carbon, better refered to as the puke stick.

Damn, I was just trying to make a funny. Talk about a backfire. I want an octane with a si-core z-carbon that should look great. No really.

I'm trying to make a funny with you here.

Yeah, but Kosy actually didn't like the color. Who knew he went vapor on us?

You're right, I wouldn't like that color. Call me a traditionalist, but I prefer looking down at black. I spray paint every blade that isn't black, unless its like a Synergy or a neutral color.

You're right, I wouldn't like that color.  Call me a traditionalist, but I prefer looking down at black.  I spray paint every blade that isn't black, unless its like a Synergy or a neutral color.

Yup, same here, every wood blade I used since MidgetAAA I've jiffy'd black. I dunno why, just prefer the look.

As for big hooks, I used the Sherwood MacInnis when I first was able to start lifting the puck up easily, because I though it was what he used. And it helped me be able to wind up and shelf it at 13, which is very exciting to a 13 yr old.

Again proving that tps is a genius company, making the top and bottom of the xn10 black.

Exactly. Sides are still a flashy color, but its neutral looking where it counts.