Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TheSnake22

Jamie McLennan

That was unreal, i couldn't believe that happend. What i'm wondering is will the coaches be fined for putting him out and then getting kicked out the first minute hes in by throwing a HUGE slash and getting 7 minutes in penalties? That was my first thought.

That was unreal, i couldn't believe that happend. What i'm wondering is will the coaches be fined for putting him out and then getting kicked out the first minute hes in by throwing a HUGE slash and getting 7 minutes in penalties? That was my first thought.

I believe he got 17 PIM in the whole 20 seconds or so he was out there.

Any chance whoever McLennan hit coulhave started stuff with Kippeand was sent in to get revenge soley?

Absolutely, Franzen has been a thorn in the side of the Flames all series long. Hopefully, the Flames take tommorrows loss with a little more dignity and let Hasek leave in one piece....

I believe he got 17 PIM in the whole 20 seconds or so he was out there.

I heard 7, but 17 makes sense soo, either way 2+5 for slash, plus a 10 min. Misc. if he did get 17. (Bertuzzi sure did throw Phaneuf around *literally*)

No kidding. 7 or 17 min doesn't matter it was a bull$h1t play either way and deserves a suspension. As much as I enjoyed Bert throwing Phaneuf down, I enjoyed Phaneuf's big attempt to hit Datsyuk and getting the worst of it 1,000 times better.

No kidding. 7 or 17 min doesn't matter it was a bull$h1t play either way and deserves a suspension. As much as I enjoyed Bert throwing Phaneuf down, I enjoyed Phaneuf's big attempt to hit Datsyuk and getting the worst of it 1,000 times better.

I definetly think Hextall seeing that, not saying it was as bad as some of Hextall's but it was pretty damn brutal.

Iginla's crosscheck wasnt horrible or worth any suspension. Also it looked like Schneiders feet came out offly easy.. I know it was on the hip and going that way with the momentum would make you fall, but it looked embelished(sp?) Honestly though, I bet quite a few people on here can't say they have never done that before. I know i can't..

Edit: The only thing i didn't like that Iggy did was the buttend, not sure if he actually connected with the buttend or not, but it looked like he attempted too.

Videos of all incidents, including Draper's "attempted" elbow, which looks like he tried for the open ice hit and missed and continued to follow through.

McLennan's 3 slashes and then midsection chop (4 slashes total)

http://www.recklesscaution.com/McLennan_Slashing.mov

Iginla's penalties (Still sort of in the air on this one, still a butt end motion though)

http://www.recklesscaution.com/Iginla_Penalties.mov

Langkow's Sucker Punch

http://www.recklesscaution.com/Langkow_Clipping.wmv

Cherry says Lebdas hit was dirty/"lowbridge" but he's so full of $h1t that he finds these all good clean hip checks?......canadian homerism at it's best!

oh and apparently Drapes was head hunting here:

Draper's elbow

http://www.recklesscaution.com/Draper_Elbow.mov

Iginla's crosscheck wasnt horrible or worth any suspension. Also it looked like Schneiders feet came out offly easy.. I know it was on the hip and going that way with the momentum would make you fall, but it looked embelished(sp?) Honestly though, I bet quite a few people on here can't say they have never done that before. I know i can't

I sort of agree about embelishing it but normally when you see someone dive you'll see them looking for the call, but Schneider got straight up and straight to the play not looking to see if his dive drew the penalty(if he was diving.)

For that reason alone I don't thing he took a dive...but at the same time though his feet do look to come out from under him pretty easily. So that's pretty much why I am not sure how to read it. Does that make sense?

Videos of all incidents, including Draper's "attempted" elbow, which looks like he tried for the open ice hit and missed and continued to follow through.

McLennan's 3 slashes and then midsection chop (4 slashes total)

http://www.recklesscaution.com/McLennan_Slashing.mov

Iginla's penalties (Still sort of in the air on this one, still a butt end motion though)

http://www.recklesscaution.com/Iginla_Penalties.mov

Langkow's Sucker Punch

http://www.recklesscaution.com/Langkow_Clipping.wmv

Cherry says Lebdas hit was dirty/"lowbridge" but he's so full of $h1t that he finds these all good clean hip checks?......canadian homerism at it's best!

oh and apparently Drapes was head hunting here:

Draper's elbow

http://www.recklesscaution.com/Draper_Elbow.mov

Iginla's crosscheck wasnt horrible or worth any suspension. Also it looked like Schneiders feet came out offly easy.. I know it was on the hip and going that way with the momentum would make you fall, but it looked embelished(sp?) Honestly though, I bet quite a few people on here can't say they have never done that before. I know i can't

I sort of agree about embelishing it but normally when you see someone dive you'll see them looking for the call, but Schneider got straight up and straight to the play not looking to see if his dive drew the penalty(if he was diving.)

For that reason alone I don't thing he took a dive...but at the same time though his feet do look to come out from under him pretty easily. So that's pretty much why I am not sure how to read it. Does that make sense?

That's definetly how I saw it. The "lowbridge" was low, but you can see that Lebda buckled his leg when going for the hit and thats where he hurt himself. Detroit was saying that he was concussed from the punch to the face, which is possible because hes had a history of concussions, but I don't think its right for Detroit to say that he got a concussion (if he didn't) to get Langkow suspended. But hey, it's the playoffs; do what it takes to win I guess.

Just to clear up we were both wrong on PIM's. Correct answer was 22PIM in 0:18.

http://www.nhl.com/scores/htmlreports/20062007/GS030155.HTM

On the Langkow suspension matter I do believe he deserves one. Strictly for the fact that IMHO it was 1.worse than Tootoo on Robidas 2. Lebda was already getting called for the "clipping." & 3. The sucker-punch was undetected and was not punished for it so they may punish him now.

Both Canucks/Stars and Devils/Lightning ended with pushing, shoves, and penalties, also. Yes, its the playoffs and that doesn't mean it will be pretty.

nobody is complaining about Iginla's cross check on Schneider. It was the vicious butt-end he connected with Schneiders kidneys that doesn't belong in the game...

I've thought Calgary was a team that crossed the line on a regular basis but this game was pathetic. There should be a number of suspensions for this one, but I don't expect any.

I thought the Lebda hit was clean but close enough that you can't argue against the penalty. Having this game as the only game shown in the US on a Saturday afternoon is going to make it easier for the hockey haters to marginalize the sport even more. It's amazing how a little moronic behavior can overshadow a pretty good performance by Detroit.

Completely agree about the hit. Although it was a bit low I thought it was clean but interference I could see being called. I'm sick of hearing it was a "low bridge" hit or "intending to take him out by the knees." if you look at the pictures I think it clearly shows there was no "intent to injure."

http://s43.photobucket.com/albums/e362/jsc...WINGSCAL514.jpg

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e362/jsc...70422162000.jpg

Also while i'm still undecided about the "butt end" Iginla put on Schneider because the butt of the stick wasn't sticking out, in this picture it looks as if the end is exposed. The only question is, is that the stick? I believe it is.

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e362/jsc...ties0001lt1.jpg

McLennan got 5 games, not enough in my opinion. Playfire got a 25000 fine and the flames organization got a 100,000 fine.

McLennan got 5 games, not enough in my opinion. Playfire got a 25000 fine and the flames organization got a 100,000 fine.

Not like McLennan was going to see the net again this series...and even if the suspension carries into next year...Kipper usually plays about 10-15 games before he takes a break anyway doesn't he?

5 games? Not enough or better yet lets not suspend him at all, I like the idea of punishing by making him play the next game. It's not like he had a chance in hell of playing the next 5 games nonetheless 15-20 games. He averages about 1 out of every 10 games(9 gp all season).

I don't understand how Langkow wasn't suspended or ATLEAST fined for the uppercut/strangle hold. Brad May got suspended for his punch to Johnsson but yet this one doesn't deserve one?

The NHL did a very good job of appearing to do something to outsiders, but the suspension and fines have absolutely zero impact on the series or any players. It's absolutely pathetic.

What makes anyone think the NHL is going to change here and now, today in the first round of the playoffs? The NHL will do what they want to. Its their business. Let the hockey-bashers come out and circle their wagons to shoot their guns at how bad hockey is. This scenario was going on in the 50s when Montrealers trashed Ste. Catherine Street after the Rocket was suspended by NHL Commish Clarence Campbell.What about the year Adam Graves slashed Mario Lemieux in the playoffs and broke his hand? What about Dale Hunter's after the goal hit on Pierre Turgeon took Turgeon out of the playoffs and that effectively ended all Islander hopes in the playoffs that year? This is hockey, same as it ever was. Same as it always will be. If you are seriously waiting for the NHL to get better or clean up its act, you really haven't been paying attention.

I think a fine would have been more apporiate than a suspension to a player that sits on the bench anyway, but the fine to the club and coach certainly fit the "crime." I'm not the biggest fan of the way the league has been run under Bettman, but at this point it's just getting to the point of stupidity with criticism. If the league would have been more stiff the same people here whining that they didn't do enough would be here whining that they were too extreme. Nothing even close to the Simon tomahawk chop happened, and while the Flames certainly embrassed themselves their behavior wasn't that off the wall. Compared to some of the bench clearing brawls some fans find so great their behavior was pretty tame. The league responded as they should have, and let's not forget there's nothing stopping the Flames as a club from handing out some internal discpline.