Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hockeydevil11

03' 652 Supertacks

A very popular skate that has a solid reputation as one of the best bangs for your buck.

CCM's have a reputation for fitting a bit wider than average so take that into consideration before you buy.

As for my bias, I had pair of 652's that I bought in the late 90's that I used for years that I just loved. Last season I bought 852's and I like them just as much.

Good luck.

Question about CCM model #'s....

Everyone always talks about (blank)52's (both pants and skates)...about 2 years ago I bought Tacks 600's at Sportchek. I don't see that model anywhere, but I hear people talk about 652's.

Mine have yellow stiching in the boot and Gold writing on the tongue and back of the heel, they came with black laces.

What up wit dat?

ohhh...so a Sportchek 600 is the same as a regular 652? or are they a different design as well?...I love them either way.

Thanks guys!

FWIW, I have a pair of those and I love them. I have wide feet and they fit great. Didn't take long to break in either. They are holding up very well. Good value for the dollar. Hope this helps.

haha i like the comparision, its very true but i've hear alot of people say they dont like the z-airs and the 652 might be better in a way that i would like them to be. so i thought theres no harm in asking

That's like choosing between a Porsche 911 and a Honda Civic.

lol

let's not get crazy here.

I have the 2003 652 skates and like them very much. I chose them because I wanted to get something that I could break in without getting them baked and wanted to save a few bucks buy getting them on the internet. They are a good fit for me out of the box with regular play and practice. Places near me want about $50 to bake them. I also chose them because the composite plastic bottom was thicker then the wafer thin fiberglass outsole which I thought being thicker would last a little longer. I've also seen the thin carbon fiber outsoles on the Pro Tack separate a little from the blade holder although the rivits are still holding it together quite fine, it still worried me about effecting the energy transfer. On an older pair of Bauers, I actually had a piece (about the size of a quarter) of the plastic sole get sliced off probably from colliding with someone else's skate blade, but I still didn't opt for going higher then the 652s to get carbon fiber which may be a bit stronger.

What if you had a choice, ether the 652 super tacks or 04' Z-Air comp se's..... what would you chose? (and the money issue didnt matter)

i thought the '04's were just Z-Air comps - not SE? am i wrong

I also chose them because the composite plastic bottom was thicker then the wafer thin fiberglass outsole which I thought being thicker would last a little longer.

I hear you on that. I bought 1152 tacks about 2 years ago and almost immediately after a few uses, the carbon fiber outsole started cracking mainly towards the toe of the skate but eventually all around the edges. They've held up since then, but when it's time to buy new skate boots, I may end up going back to 652s or whatever the top-end Tack is with the regular fibreglass outsole.