Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JR Boucicaut

Nashville Predators sold

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/story/2007...-balsillie.html

Canadian billionaire Jim Balsillie and the city are close to announcing a deal that would make Hamilton the only destination if Balsillie buys and then moves the Nashville Predators, the Globe and Mail reported Wednesday.
The new agreement would take the Kitchener-Waterloo region out of the running.

The NHL will NOT approve Hamilton.

y is that

That's been covered a number of times in this topic alone but I'll humor you. It's too close to Buffalo(less than 70 miles), and to a lesser extent Toronto(less than 70km). Toronto can handle having another team nearby, Buffalo cannot.

wouldnt ballsilie just have to pay a fine that hes willing to?

The NHL has to approve any franchise movement. No approval, no team in Hamilton. That's also why he's trying to have the movement voted at the same time as his ownership. If he can't move the team, I don't think he wants it.

It's more than that since it could potentially ruin Buffalo (especially when they struggle again). Apperantly Ballsile is going to say screw it and start asking for deposits on season tickets anyways.

It's more than that since it could potentially ruin Buffalo (especially when they struggle again). Apperantly Ballsile is going to say screw it and start asking for deposits on season tickets anyways.

I'm starting to think this guy wouldn't be good for the league. As much as they need new blood, the way he has gone about this is bothering me.

I think having a team in Ontario, not Hamilton, however a Belleville Team wouldn't be a bad Idea, however I don't think taking a team out of Nashville is a good Idea.

Yeah, starting today you can reserve season tickets for the Hamilton Predators. I guess he's hoping if he can get some huge number of deposits it'll put pressure on the NHL to approve it

Wow hamilton predators that sounds kind of weird to hear. I think almost anywehere in Canada would do better than nashville , that is just not a hockey place. I hope they get te team going in Hamilton. Doubtfully as you guys covered but still.

i like what they said on Off the Record yesterday about the NHL having restrictions on team movement and the comparison to the lack of that restriction in the NFL.

"Its no wonder a good majority of NFL teams made a profit every year because their owners were able to chose the market they play in"

They should allow Ballsilie to do the same

i like what they said on Off the Record yesterday about the NHL having restrictions on team movement and the comparison to the lack of that restriction in the NFL.

"Its no wonder a good majority of NFL teams made a profit every year because their owners were able to chose the market they play in"

They should allow Ballsilie to do the same

NFL teams turn a profit because the TV contract covers their salary cap requirements.

In allowing Balsille to move to Hamilton, another team will be put back into bankruptcy. Exactly how is that fair? This is going to cause the NHL to reject his bid and it's going to screw the team for next season.

Have they discussed at all re-doing the conferences if the Preds do move? Would make a lot more sense for them to be in the east if this happens

Hard to find another team to move west. I'm thinking Pittsburgh would be the easternmost team not in the western conference, to the central. Nashville to the northeast, Boston to the Atlantic.

Wow hamilton predators that sounds kind of weird to hear. I think almost anywehere in Canada would do better than nashville , that is just not a hockey place. I hope they get te team going in Hamilton. Doubtfully as you guys covered but still.

Well do you think Anaheim or Los Angeles is a hockey place. The Predators can succeed its just not what they're doing.

Have they discussed at all re-doing the conferences if the Preds do move? Would make a lot more sense for them to be in the east if this happens

Hard to find another team to move west. I'm thinking Pittsburgh would be the easternmost team not in the western conference, to the central. Nashville to the northeast, Boston to the Atlantic.

They won't take Boston away from the Canadiens.

They won't take Boston away from the Canadiens.

It's not going to happen anyway but the only other potential move would be Buffalo to the atlantic and that that doesn't make sense either.