Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cris8

Under the helmet eyeglasses

Does anyone have suggestions for what eyeglass frame brand would feel comfortable under a hockey helmet? I just found out I have to wear prescription glasses. The only one I saw at my optical was the Recspecs but the description for it said it was designed for Lacrosse.

I know a lot of people call my crazy for this...I wear my glasses under a visor, in beer leagues. I hate cages, so I take the risk with them playing that way. Itech Pro-wave visor seems to do a good job enclosing them and protecting. Then again, it isn't all that intense of hockey.

Just wear an old pair or buy something new that is a full frame which is more durable than the frameless or semiframeless. Just make sure it's a perfect fit on the sides as any excess makes it a pain to stuck under your helmet.

What I recommend is taking your measurements on your current specs and buying a pair from http://www.goggles4u.com/ or any other online dealer. $20 a pair, great deal, so I don't care if they break.

Also seen sunglasses frames being used as eyeglasses..Oakleys, etc.

I used to use rec spec things, but seriously, get disposable contacts.

It makes a world of difference, for starters, peripheral vision, no steaming up, no sweat streaks on the lenses.

Takes a couple of minutes to put in and take out, but it is so much better than those stupid glasses I had been wearing

I just use an old pair of glasses when I play, that way I don't damage my everyday glasses.

If you're just starting with glasses, I'd get a cheap second pair, or just go the contact route.

Why not contacts? Makes it so much more enjoyable, glasses are a major pain under your helmet!

yeah i would suggest contacts, or if youve got some money to spend, why not "sport framed" sunglasses with clear prescription lenses? that way they'll sit nice and close to your eyes, i would think this would help with the peripherals, and they would look and feel more solid that a regular pair of glasses.

i would never wear glasses under my cage, one hit thats a bit too hard could leave shards of glass stuck in your eyes, unless your using polycarb lenses, but they could still break (the frames i mean), stick to contacts

The worst part is the sweat drops and the fogging up, you don't have anything on the bench to wipe it off and sometimes not really the time to do it, again stick to contacts.

I ended up getting Lasik, but contacts were so much better than glasses. Disposables are great, they don't require all that much care, and if you lose one here or there it's not that big of a deal. When I was wearing them the 1 month lenses cost a little over 50 dollars for a six month supply, and I had a tricky prescription, so it could even go less.

I ended up getting Lasik, but contacts were so much better than glasses. Disposables are great, they don't require all that much care, and if you lose one here or there it's not that big of a deal. When I was wearing them the 1 month lenses cost a little over 50 dollars for a six month supply, and I had a tricky prescription, so it could even go less.

I got a six month supply of disposables a year and a half ago and I still have some left. I use clear care on them every night and but I don't toss them until they get funky.

Contacts best thing that ever happened to me, however people with sensitive eyes can really find it irritating so if you do decide to go with them make sure you get a trial first. Glasses option not just any old pair make sure they are shatter prouff lens.

Contacts best thing that ever happened to me, however people with sensitive eyes can really find it irritating so if you do decide to go with them make sure you get a trial first. Glasses option not just any old pair make sure they are shatter prouff lens.

I agree...best thing I ever did for sports. I'm almost 2 years into a 6moth supply of 30 day lenses. I only wear them for hockey & softball (and very, very rarely any other time) so a pair meant o last 30 days last a LONG time.

definitely wear contacts!.. before I got contacts I was deathly afraid to touch my eye which is why I waited so long to get them, but that was years ago and I can't believe I didn't start wearing them sooner.

I used to use rec spec things, but seriously, get disposable contacts.

It makes a world of difference, for starters, peripheral vision, no steaming up, no sweat streaks on the lenses.

Takes a couple of minutes to put in and take out, but it is so much better than those stupid glasses I had been wearing

I just got contacts a few weeks ago and it makes a huge difference! It is so much easier to deal with. I love them. It is so much easier to see when you play hockey because of the peripheral vision, and they don't fog up when you walk into the locker room. It still takes me a little while to put them in, but taking them out takes no time.