Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Chadd

Flames hire Keenan

Thanks, no more powerplay practice in Calgary.

I still think Ottawa should have been looking at him

Great headline on Fark

The Calgary Flames have apparently recently replaced Coach Jim Playfair with Satan

He is certainly getting some serious mileage on that Cup from almost 15 years ago. The guy is not that far away from being just .500 and can't along with anyone. I am surprised the guy keeps getting offers.

Keenan was clearly the right guy to get right now. He has no history of alienating franchise players (hull, messier, jokinen), so obviously bringing him in the year before Iginla becomes a UFA was great

I have no idea how this guy keeps getting back into the NHL. Well, all of a sudden Vancouver vs. Calgary games have gotten a lot more interesting!

(I guess we should at least thank him for Luongo....but we'll never forgive him for the public lashing he gave Linden. It's funny how we refer to those horrible mid-90's years as the Keenan-era.)

I have no idea how this guy keeps getting back into the NHL. Well, all of a sudden Vancouver vs. Calgary games have gotten a lot more interesting!

(I guess we should at least thank him for Luongo....but we'll never forgive him for the public lashing he gave Linden. It's funny how we refer to those horrible mid-90's years as the Keenan-era.)

you should refer to those horrible mid 90s years as the 'messier years'

or the 'they tore out the heart of the canucks,trevor linden, and replaced it with mark messier' years.

no linden = no playoffs. he SHOULD be captain.

The flames players got what they deserved, just as those Columbus players did with Hitchcock.

At least Keenan isn't a trapper.

Hey some people respond to coach's being a prick, maybe that is what the flames need but with saying that some players just might give up or something. He's payed to win not be there friend.

Well, it should be interesting to say the least. Typically lots of goalie juggling, head games with players, 1-3 guys will "get it" a la Thornton and start playing close to potential, then he will implode and be fired/resign within 3 years.