Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

arrows91

New York City

go to a rangers game at MSG

Rangers game in the middle of August? I might just have to check out MSG. Pretty piseed that the Yakees are out of town , but going to see the mets so it should still be pretty good.

he said hes going in october

Ok sorry, I was talking about myself as I am going In august.

If you're looking for shopping, take some time to actually walk some of the streets in SOHO or west village and Nolita. There are a lot of smaller shops and smaller brand stores whose stuff is either not well stocked in larger department stores, or not sold there at all. J. Lindeberg, Miyake, Marc Jacobs, Ted Baker, etc. Diesel and Lucky both have galleries down there too. Someone else already mentioned some of the Quicksilver skate/surf type stores. There's also no shortage of neighborhood type eateries and bars in the area, ethnic and "traditional".

The Nike/Adidas/flagship stores are cool to take a spin around, and worth going to if you're looking for something very specific, but don't spend too much time in there getting a pair of sneakers you could have gotten at the local mall. And DON'T spend your time roaming the "mall" stores around midtown. It always cracks me up to see tourists walking around town with American Eagle, Abercrombie and Foot Locker bags and eating at the TGI Friday's in Times Square. Why spend the money you did to travel to the center of the universe to buy stuff you could have gotten at home and eat the same thing you eat every weekend?

actually if your in new york, its better not to root for the other team at all, ive seen some things happen, nah im joshin you. i stopped by totonnos today, and let me tell you, it was easilt the best pizza that i have ever had, and ive had alot of pizza over the years

The original is great and the one on the UES aint too bad either but trust me check out Patsys on 118 and 1 if you want the best. Lombardis (the disputed first pizzeria in the us) is very good also.

yea i went to the original one on 1524 Neptune Ave. and lombardi's was the first pizza place in America, and the guy that founded totonnos worked for lombardi. but totonnos is the oldest pizza place in America that is still owned by the same family, since lombardi's was bought by someone else. as you can see i know and love my New York Pizza

I just came back from a holiday there and it was really great. I definitley recomend you check out the MSG tour, its pretty neat.

Man I envy you, I miss NYC so much. Doesn't look like I'm going to be able to go again for at least another year though.

A lot of the things I'd recommend have already been suggested but if you're looking for one of the best breakfasts in town go to Pershing Square (90 E 42nd, just across from Grand Central). Whether you're looking for pancakes or a full fry-up there is no better place.

Also if you're looking for something a little different food wise then you could try Sylvia's (328 Lenox Avenue, in Harlem, a few blocks north of Central Park). It serves classic southern-style soul food and Sunday brunch is even accompanied by gospel singers. If you can get there it's worth it for the experience alone.

Have a good time buddy. :)

If you like southwestern cuisine(and if you have a heavy wallet!), and Bobby Flay, try his restaurants! Mesa Grill, Bolo, and Bar Americain.

Go to www.bobbyflay.com to check out the restaurants, and the prices.

i dont know if its going to be running when you go but check out this show called anti gravity, its supposedly NY's answer to Cirque D'Solei, really a great show.

My buddy just got back from NY and said that there is a huge NHL store going up right now? He said he stayed right by times square, so I assumed it was in that area. Any info?

mel brooke's made young frankenstein into a musical thats starting on october 11th, ya cant go wrong with young frankenstein

and on the pizza discussion, ya cant go wrong with a slice from L&B

Has anyone mentioned the 9/11 site? Just briefly read the thread.

Anyways, I was there around beginning of october for an afternoon at a Jersey tourny. We hit the 9/11 site first, just to see it...if you've never been there it's quite moving. At least it was to me.

We hit times square, empire state building, some different neighborhoods in the city. All very unique and all worth the time to see. One of the funnest trips I've ever had.

Never been to NY but I would personally go visit the Yankee Stadium, MSG, Time Square, Central Park, maybe a David Letterman show and the Apple Store.

mel brooke's made young frankenstein into a musical thats starting on october 11th, ya cant go wrong with young frankenstein

Matt i still cant see whats so great about Spumoni Gardens, their pizza isnt that great, and its not really worth the drive from the city to brooklyn just for L&B

pizza in manahatten is going downhill. the outer boroughs are where its at.

Yeah, without a doubt. There are no more Italians making the pies anymore. They all moved to the burbs. They may own the pizzerias, but they dont make em nemore,

pizza in manahatten is going downhill. the outer boroughs are where its at.

Yeah, without a doubt. There are no more Italians making the pies anymore. They all moved to the burbs. They may own the pizzerias, but they dont make em nemore,

This is true - I went to a pizzeria last time I was in NYC last and the entire staff was Hispanic.

yeah that is the trend in most pizzeria. I mean the pizza is still good, but its just not the same. Its much cheaper and more easier for the owners.

Bleecker street pizza on 7th and bleecker is still pretty much all italian. Pizza on the Lower Eas Side has its moments. I am still partial to John's on Bleecker st thuugh.

Matt i still cant see whats so great about Spumoni Gardens, their pizza isnt that great, and its not really worth the drive from the city to brooklyn just for L&B

i do agree that its overrated but its still very good pizza... if it were still around i wouldve mentioned lentos